JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    4th Gear

Status

front / back discs and brake pads

does anyone know the cost of these from the dealers, or know where i can buy them from anywhere else?EUROCAR PARTS do they sell the parts but are they the same one that you can get from audi dealers??

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    One of the principal components between you and an unscheduled afternoon out with your local undertaker is your brakes. Don't skimp on them. If you can get genuine parts cheaper then good for you. If not, buy the genuine parts from an Audi dealer.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    If you can get genuine parts cheaper then good for you. If not, buy the genuine parts from an Audi dealer.
    And get ripped off in the process.

There are plenty of safe aftermarket products out there for less money. I'm pretty sure there are standards that these things have to adhere to since they are safety related items.

Try VAG parts or GSF for genuine items at better prices

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are standards that these things have to adhere to since they are safety related items.
    LOL - a real vote of confidence!

Meanwhile, I'll stick with the parts specified for the job.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

4th Gear

Status
    have any you lot brought the brake parts from anywhere else apart from the dealers, and what they like??

4th Gear

Status
    i been looking on the net, but little confussed, i know the front one are vented but size, and i belive the rear are solied but again what size?? its for 2.0tdi 140bhp

6th Gear

Status
    German Swedish and French (GSF) or Euro Car Parts.

As long as you buy a decent brand you will be fine.

So Audi make their own brake parts ?

The front pads that I got from GSF were a fair bit cheaper than Audi genuine ones and made by Mintex.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

2nd Gear

Status
    I used GSF to replace the discs and pads on my Golf and have been very happy with them (OEM ones). Previously, "I" (the garage) have used cheap discs and pads. Never again. The old saying "you buy cheap, you buy twice" was never truer (sp?)!

Dave.