Wheel size help please

A3DOL

Reaction score
Hi All,

2004 A3 (3 door) tdi. Wanting to change standard SE 16" alloys to either 17"s or 18"s.

Can anyone advise me on the fitments for the two sizes please.

Thanks

what do you mean by fitment? bolt pattern etc or offset? what wheels are you after, audi or aftermarket?

Probably just some aftermarket wheels.

I mean the offset etc. Have no idea what to look for on the new ones.

offset between et45 and 55 - ideally et50 which is what I have

do not get wider than 8.5"

Source yourself a set of genuine RS6 style alloys in 18" or what type of aftermarket rim were you thinking of?

mate give www.elitedirect.co.uk a call & they will give you what you need & they are open today I think, also for that car which is same as mine get these:

http://www.elitedirect.com/01_alloy...elite&wmodel=Imagine&colour=&suv=&mmake=&pmod=

They look absolutely stunning when on, trust me & I've had s3, s4 etc many wheels & for this car they look the best, A8 style are ok but on this car these cant be beaten, think was £600 or less all in tyres etc.

Ask for Barry, he's fairly good & they deliver next day & had number of them & never once had damage by courier.

Smiler.

Oh also dont buy 17's, they will look boring, same as 16's almost & I have 18's, ride is perfectly fine, not hard atall & no rubbing on bumps in road.

at 18x8, the most common aftermarket size, you could squeeze offset 42 in, as long as you stick to 225/40/18 tyres - these will fill the arches well and wont catch at the rear unless you lower the car more than 30mm from SE/standard

its difficult to get 45 or higher offset in the cheaper aftermarkets, but 45 might be slightly better. pcd is of course 112x5.

50+ offsets dont look quite as good anyway - they could do with spacers so you might as well get 42-46mm offset anyway.

i searched on ebay and found some rs6 style replicas with 46mm offset which is great, but i have 235/40/18 tyres so needed the extra clearance from a higher offset

I can get bi colour RS4s in 18s with 225/40/18 Falken FK452 (not Nankang ditch finders!) for £690 inc VAT and delivery. Give me a call on 0151 343 0003, I am in until 5 today and the phone will divert to my mobile after that so you can get me any time up to 9pm and on Sunday.

newrs4bandpsmallaz8.jpg