Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Superchips remap booked for 3.2

Booked a visit to Superchips St. Albans to get my 3.2 remapped on Monday.

They dont do Bluefin for the 3.2 so I'm getting the custom map. Thing is I am having second thoughts after reading crap about Audi dealers being able to detect the modification to the ecu.

Does anyone know if this is true?
    Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line: Brilliant Black, 18inch Split Rims, DVD SatNav+8GB, BOSE, Light & Rain pack, Lights pack, 2 Tone Nappa Leather, Votex Side Skirts, Superchipped.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dreaming of Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_3.2_S-Line View Post
    Booked a visit to Superchips St. Albans to get my 3.2 remapped on Monday.

They dont do Bluefin for the 3.2 so I'm getting the custom map. Thing is I am having second thoughts after reading crap about Audi dealers being able to detect the modification to the ecu.

Does anyone know if this is true?
    They would have to be looking for it to find it. And I don't know what kind of gains Superchips gets you but the 3.2 chips over here(REVO & GIAC) gain you very little, 12-15 HP and about the same ft./lbs of torque. What will they see even if they do look?
    "Some of us are decent people who want to stay out of the emergency room, but still
    blast through neo-gridlock traffic in residential districts whenever we feel like it....
    For that we need fine Machinery." -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)

R8GGA

Status
    I think they can tell how many times the ECU has been flashed (overwritten), but then I think Superchips can reset that Flash number to zero so it looks as though it's never been done. Having said that, it might be set to 1 or 2 anyway if the dealer has ever upgraded it during a service or something.
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

R8GGA

Status
    Let me know how it feels afterwards, I might get mine done!
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

1st Gear

Status
    I have a Chipped UK remap on my 3.2 and it is noticable. The quoted increase was 18bhp and that feels about right. What was best was the increase in mid range torque and if they are doing a custom map ask them to try and get rid of the horrible on/off feeling to the first few mm of throttle travel. It does not totally get rid of it, but mine is much better now!
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi 2004 - 20x8.5 & 20x10 Futura wheels and tints

To come: lowering, HIDs, full MB Quart and Orion sound system, covered interior trim, body kit

www.designerwheels.co.uk

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus911 View Post
    I think they can tell how many times the ECU has been flashed (overwritten), but then I think Superchips can reset that Flash number to zero so it looks as though it's never been done. Having said that, it might be set to 1 or 2 anyway if the dealer has ever upgraded it during a service or something.
    Its usually the bluefin device itself that resets the counter to zero on petrol cars but this can also be done via laptop serial port programming.

The gains won't be massive but noticeable and reflected in the price.

Superchips will give you a 1 yr or 30,000 mile warranty anyway which you won't need so don't worry about it. In your case I'd have been more tempted to go for a full miltel exhaust system and liberate the extra power and gorgeous sound that way but, this is a more 'obvious' mod. I'd be tempted to book in at the SC Bucks HQ so you get a before and after dyno print plus the AudiSport Net discount.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Probably not worth it mate on a n/a car.

I was disappointed with the [40 odd hp] Bluefin gain on an S3...

a3 3.2 v6

Status
    18bhp not that much you should have gone to DMS automotive

they are undetctable to the dealer and give the best gains 22bhp and 26lb/ft torque increase

I have had it done on mine - engine tone goes slightly louder more of a grunt, being a dsg it just wants to blip through all the gears

also if your car ever goes to audi for a fault and they reflasg the ecu you will lose the chip whereas if that happens with DMS they will happily come out to your house again and map it for you.

1st Gear

Status
    We dont all live in Southampton dude.
    Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line: Brilliant Black, 18inch Split Rims, DVD SatNav+8GB, BOSE, Light & Rain pack, Lights pack, 2 Tone Nappa Leather, Votex Side Skirts, Superchipped.

6th Gear

Status
    Plus superchips do all of the above, you may only geta peak gain of 18bhp but the car will drive a lot better and pound for pound its an in-expensive mod for the gain - a lot of people spend 1,000 plus on a new exhaust system hoping to gain 10 - 15bhp.

Go for it, if you're not happy go back within 7 days and have your money back.

Spin
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Superchips "hid" mine so its undetectable ask for the same thing.

I think they put it somewhere in the lighting "brain" I donno but I got 40+ from mine and am verry happy! S3 though not 3.2
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

1st Gear

Status
    Had this fitted and I am very happy. Car just wants to take off now! Its also a little louder for some reason. Only really noticed after people started turning around to see what was coming there way. Now I'm addicted to the sound of the throaty V6 under acceleration, fuel consumption has taken a hit as a result.

The car runs pritty much the same way as before up to about 3500rpm and then just goes bonkers to the red line. Third & fourth gear acceleration is very impressive.

Another thing i have noticed is that the engine revs a ittle higher (250rpm maybe) and the rev limiter power cut off thing has also be removed, the needle just bounces now.

But of course the above could all be in my head as I cant remember what the car felt like before now

***** rent boy

Status
    So tempted to get this on my R32, need to resist, can't afford to be splashing out on unnecessary items.

Your rev limiter will have been removed, on my car it's at around 6800RPM which is a bit **** really.

Neutral

Status
    C'mon fella , put the results on here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_3.2_S-Line View Post
    We dont all live in Southampton dude.
    Who's in southampton? DMS?
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    Ok just did a search and they are just down the road from me, I'll have to give Rob a call and see what he can do!

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by matzxr View Post
    C'mon fella , put the results on here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What more do you want?

Neutral

Status
    thought you might have a "before and after" graph ?