Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636

    Sodding spiders!

    Is anyone else sick and tired of spiders living in their wing mirrors?! The buggers just wont go away! I've tried hosing them out but the next morning theres a nice web from the mirror to the door! Any ideas?!

    Coss
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3IZZO
    Guest

  4. #3
    L60N
    Guest

  5. #4
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    lol random vid! Is that a tarantula on the front of that can? I doubt I've got one of them in my mirror! But looks like it may do the job!
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  6. #5
    Lex
    Lex's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    364
    i call the spider in my mirror frank and i quite like him

    but i do pull down his webs because they get in the way
    now : A3 2.0 TDI, ST-3 remap, coilovers, matte black rs6 alloys

    800 spent on my car in a week, is that excessive? B***ocks is it

  7. #6
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    I used to have a spider in my A3 wing mirror.
    I put a bird in there, to catch the spider.
    Trouble is, the bird got to be a pain.
    So I put a cat in there to get the bird.
    Then the cat got to be a pain, so I put a dog in to get the cat.

    Can you see where I'm going with this?
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  8. #7
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer View Post
    I used to have a spider in my A3 wing mirror.
    I put a bird in there, to catch the spider.
    Trouble is, the bird got to be a pain.
    So I put a cat in there to get the bird.
    Then the cat got to be a pain, so I put a dog in to get the cat.

    Can you see where I'm going with this?
    The Elephant got stuck?

  9. #8
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Is anyone else sick and tired of spiders living in their wing mirrors?! The buggers just wont go away! I've tried hosing them out but the next morning theres a nice web from the mirror to the door! Any ideas?!

    Coss
    Isnt there a WEB site on this ?

  10. #9
    james0808's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,542
    I sprayed some carpet cleaning foam into my mirror and the bloody thing came right out.Was in there for weeks before that.

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    253
    I like mine, he's called Essfer

  12. #11
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    32
    Think yourself lucky they are in the wing mirrors, I got one inside the car last year after taking some dead conifers to the local tip.

    It spun more webs every night all over the dashboard but I never actually saw it, it must have been hiding in the air vents. After about 6 weeks of annoyance I finally found it and got rid of it!
    Last edited by stotty2; 10th May 2008 at 21:59.
    A4 (B8) TDi S-Line Avant - Brilliant Black - Electric Tailgate opening, folding mirrors, Phone Prep and Storage Pack

  13. #12
    L60N
    Guest
    rofl

  14. #13
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Is anyone else sick and tired of spiders living in their wing mirrors?! The buggers just wont go away! I've tried hosing them out but the next morning theres a nice web from the mirror to the door! Any ideas?!

    Coss

    Did it it look like this ?

  15. #14
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer View Post
    I used to have a spider in my A3 wing mirror.
    I put a bird in there, to catch the spider.
    Trouble is, the bird got to be a pain.
    So I put a cat in there to get the bird.
    Then the cat got to be a pain, so I put a dog in to get the cat.

    Can you see where I'm going with this?
    Crikey Bowfer, you must have a mirror off of a massive earth mover? Did the cow fit in?

    Quote Originally Posted by stotty2 View Post
    Think yourself lucky they are in the wing mirrors, I got one inside the car last year after taking some dead confifers to the local tip.

    It spun more webs every night all over the dashboard but I never actually saw it, it must have been hiding in the air vents. After about 6 weeks of annoyance I finally found it and got rid of it!
    Now thats gotta be a pain in the a$$! When I had a Corsa, my dad wanted some help in taking things to the skip and I was very wary of the possibilities of what happened to you! I had a dead one behind the speedo glass of my Astra. Didn't mind that one because it didn't make itself at home!


    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post

    Did it it look like this ?

    No mate, looked like this...



    Thinking of calling him Geoff
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  16. #15
    windsurfer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Porto
    Posts
    1,327
    I had a spider living in my Alfa wingmirror for years... could not remove or kill it...

    Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

  17. #16
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Crikey Bowfer, you must have a mirror off of a massive earth mover? Did the cow fit in?



    Now thats gotta be a pain in the a$$! When I had a Corsa, my dad wanted some help in taking things to the skip and I was very wary of the possibilities of what happened to you! I had a dead one behind the speedo glass of my Astra. Didn't mind that one because it didn't make itself at home!





    No mate, looked like this...



    Thinking of calling him Geoff
    He He

  18. #17
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    True story, I once leapt from a still rolling hire car in Spain, leaving my then-girlfriend in it, screaming.
    All because this huge fecker of a spider came out of the airvent.
    It was a light brown thing too.
    Undoubtedly harmless, but I wasn't taking any chances.
    It's odd colouration and size had my 'flee reflex' kicking in.
    Took me ages to pluck up the courage to get back in, long enough to take it back to the hire car company.

    Err, I didn't tell them I wanted another hire car because of the spider...
    I told them it kept overheating...
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  19. #18
    TFSI's Avatar
    Born to Fish

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Cheshire
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer View Post
    True story, I once leapt from a still rolling hire car in Spain, leaving my then-girlfriend in it, screaming.
    All because this huge fecker of a spider came out of the airvent.
    It was a light brown thing too.
    Undoubtedly harmless, but I wasn't taking any chances.
    It's odd colouration and size had my 'flee reflex' kicking in.
    Took me ages to pluck up the courage to get back in, long enough to take it back to the hire car company.

    Err, I didn't tell them I wanted another hire car because of the spider...
    I told them it kept overheating...
    Hells Bells Bowfer yer tart Thought you were a bit of a tuffy
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

  20. #19
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    Hells Bells Bowfer yer tart Thought you were a bit of a tuffy
    My work colleagues laugh at me.
    Falling off a bike at xxx mph doesn't bother me, but a spider will freak me out.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  21. #20
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer View Post
    True story, I once leapt from a still rolling hire car in Spain, leaving my then-girlfriend in it, screaming.
    All because this huge fecker of a spider came out of the airvent.
    It was a light brown thing too.
    Undoubtedly harmless, but I wasn't taking any chances.
    It's odd colouration and size had my 'flee reflex' kicking in.
    Took me ages to pluck up the courage to get back in, long enough to take it back to the hire car company.

    Err, I didn't tell them I wanted another hire car because of the spider...
    I told them it kept overheating...
    LOL Thats a great story! I probably would have done the same! Not a fan of spiders at the best of times! Let alone one playing hide and seek in my car!
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  22. #21
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    435
    I like the spiders. I take loads of tipbags to the tip and often find a web in the car. I remove it and rehouse the owner in the nearby hedge. Live and let live. They don't do me any harm and are one of nature's marvels. Preferable to a lager swilling lout anyday.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

  23. #22
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    Hells Bells Bowfer yer tart Thought you were a bit of a tuffy
    I agree! I have seen a new side to you Bowfer.

    Slightly off topic but I was doing the dirty with my ex a few years ago and she started screaming, and I mean proper screaming. I crapped myself as I thought I'd done some serious damage to her somehow. It turned out there was a spider the size of a 5p piece on the ceiling on the other side of the room.
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  24. #23
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post
    I agree! I have seen a new side to you Bowfer.

    Slightly off topic but I was doing the dirty with my ex a few years ago and she started screaming, and I mean proper screaming. I crapped myself as I thought I'd done some serious damage to her somehow. It turned out there was a spider the size of a 5p piece on the ceiling on the other side of the room.
    Similar experienece here, except it was me with a spiderman costome on.......(did I think that or type it....?)

  25. #24
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Similar experienece here, except it was me with a spiderman costome on.......(did I think that or type it....?)
    Flashbacks of Jimmy Carr...

    Catch, turn round aaaand...SPIDERMAN!
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO