My S3 Pics..

How have you only had them on a week mate?
I saw a post form ages ago with those wheels on.. Or am i going mad?
P.S. I'm sure I saw that Golf @ Pod at GTI Fest the other week.. Or one near enough identical..

Looks like you have changed the DRLs? Have you thought about changing the front indicators? Look quite orangey head on!

Did you put a silver Audi badge on too? Thought they are usually black with the rest of the grille?

I am planning on doing all of the rest of the bulbs, side repeaters and front indicators to silver and sidelights to xenon colour match..

The Audi rings on the Optics pack are still chrome..

How have you only had them on a week mate?
I saw a post form ages ago with those wheels on.. Or am i going mad?
P.S. I'm sure I saw that Golf @ Pod at GTI Fest the other week.. Or one near enough identical..

Ah I had some BBS CH's on which were off my GTI, but that was ages ago, a few months at least..

Yeah I sold my GTI to Regal Autosport who now have it as their RS/S Big Turbo demo car, running over 350hp with a GT2871r.. Very nice!!!

Other than that its pretty much as I had it apart from front splitter and a few carbon bits which they added..

Jonny

Damn...thats one sweet *** motor. I was going to order ibis white myself but I chickened out of it cos my mates all said "white being the new black" is seasonal and will soon fall out of fashion! Stupidly I listened and opted for phantom black (conventional and safe choice).
If I had got ibis white, I would certainly have the black styling pack with black mirrors and black alloys. I think the white Vs black theme is mint!:drool:

"Easy, just push the mirror glass out away from the car enough to get your fingers behind the edge closest to the car..

Pull that carefully and the mirror glass will pop out, I was a bit worried when doing this as its clipped in pretty tight and only the strength of the glass itself is stopping the mirror breaking..

Once thats out there is 2 screws underneath the mirror which you need to remove and also another screw where the mirror itself was covering..

Once there all out then its just a case of un clipping the mirror case and fitting the new case.. then follow the steps back and you should be good

Took me about 15mins to figure this out but then the passenger mirror I did in 5mins..

Hope that helps you out"

Thank you for the excellent info Jonny. I am going to look into changing my silver caps too.
Cheers prt.

Hey

Just a quick update on the car.. Lots of plans over the next few weeks, mainly engine and suspension but a few exterior bits too..

I Want to go lower with the car on some Coils and get some more exterior mods completed, tint front windows, tint rear lights, paint front and rear diffusers in satin black to tie in with the front grille and mirrors etc..

Since the pics I have fitted a new Sachs racing clutch, Forge dv, PCV bypass, modified the intake + installed a custom cold air feed, full Forge short shift kit, silver bulbs all round.. Think thats about it..

Quick shot of the engine bay..

DSC05114.jpg

And also you can just about spot the Forge DV install in this one, pleased how neat that turned out!

DSC05109.jpg

Heres a quick vid, pre engine mounts, clutch, shortshift and DV.. Runs much better now!!

Thanks

Jonny

Loving the colour scheme fellas, Cars looks very smart, Vtec and johnny.

Stunning car you have jonny...when I was looking at the movie clips I noticed the sound outside the car...I think it is when you lift the throttle. Correct me if im wrong, is it the CAI or Forge DV that make that sound, cause it sounds good:yes:

Stunning car you have jonny...when I was looking at the movie clips I noticed the sound outside the car...I think it is when you lift the throttle. Correct me if im wrong, is it the CAI or Forge DV that make that sound, cause it sounds good:yes:

Its the combination of the Evoms Intake & Forge DV which give it the sound your talking about..

Got a load more bits on the car recently so ill be posting an update in the next week or so.. :)

Jonny

Which wheels have you gone for Jonny, got the Evoms on the Golf now very pleased,

Stuck with the Speedlines and fitted a set of Toyo R888 235/40/18

They look awesome on the wheels but its been an absolute mission to get them to fit behind the arches with the coilovers too..

Glad your happy with the Evoms intake, sounds great doesn't it!!

Yes the Evoms is louder than Dbilas but in a good way,

DSC07369.jpg

Just changing my BBS alittle ;)

DSC07364.jpg

DSC07367.jpg

Ahh looks cool, take it the lip is in body colour too? :)

Had some more parts fitted last week..

KW Coilovers
Custom 3" cat back exhaust
Custom PCV mod
Silver bulbs all round
235/40/18 toyo r888

Next week or so I will have..

KW Adjustable top mounts
PIAA 6200k HID headlight bulbs
PIAA 6200k LED sidelights
09' Facelift rear lights
Lots of little exterior changes

(ill get some pics up in a couple of weeks with all the updated parts!!)

Looking forward to getting them all on!

Jonny

Yeh the Lip is Reflex Silver,

Sounds like your making way fro a Big turbo still?

Looking foward to the Pictures,

Ahh looks cool, take it the lip is in body colour too? :)

Had some more parts fitted last week..

KW Coilovers
Custom 3" cat back exhaust
Custom PCV mod
Silver bulbs all round
235/40/18 toyo r888

Next week or so I will have..

KW Adjustable top mounts
PIAA 6200k HID headlight bulbs
PIAA 6200k LED sidelights
09' Facelift rear lights
Lots of little exterior changes

(ill get some pics up in a couple of weeks with all the updated parts!!)

Looking forward to getting them all on!

Jonny

Jonny where the hell do you get all the money from???:ohmy:

Yeh the Lip is Reflex Silver,

Sounds like your making way fro a Big turbo still?

Looking foward to the Pictures,

Yeah just waiting for the go ahead on the big turbo really, its looking like GT2871R turbo running around 400hp for now, then in the future go to forged internals and turn it up a bit:)

Jonny where the hell do you get all the money from???:ohmy:

I spend every penny I have on my car, something my parents and girlfriend dont really approve of lol..

Jonny

hey

I'll have some pics this week of the car on the coilovers and new tyres and in a couple of weeks I'll have another load after the big turbo is on!!

Jonny

Was it dificult to make custom pipe as replacement for this intake kit? There is MAF sensor, how did you pu that on custom pipe? I want to buy this EVOMs kit but it looks like there is not yet produced for S3 so I'll have to modify this...

Rob,
How did you get the Silver lip on the alloys, was it easy? I want a white lip on mine as they are sliver lipped by BBS?