Viewty & Bluetooth

g4vjc

Reaction score
Just bought an LG Viewty KU990 but having trouble operating it with the phone prep Bluetooth. It pairs ok and accepts calls via the speakers & mic but I can't get the phonebook to display on the DIS.

My old Nokia worked fine with the bluetooth. Am I missing something or is this phone just not compatible with the Audi bluetooth prep?

may be something as simple as your phonebook being on the sim or on the phone, or both. my missus has a viewty and a parrot 3200ls, we had to change the 'phonebook in use' from sim to phone (i think) before it would pick up the contacts.

do you have to import the contacts to the car?

All contacts are currently on the SIM which I thought could be the problem so I moved just one contact to the phone to try it but this still didn't work.

When I press the mode button on the MFSW the DIS says 'button not in use'.

I've tried an LG viewty in a BMW and it also has a problem with phonebook sync, I checked with LG and they said this is a known issue with the Viewty at the moment, LG are looking at providing a fix in the future though

The Viewty doesnt work properly with the Blaupunkt BT interface either.
It streams music ok but wont work for handsfree phone use.

Ive also tried it with a Nokia phone kit and although it seems to work ok you have to input the BT passcode everytime the kit connects to the phone.

The Viewty doesnt work properly with the Blaupunkt BT interface either.
It streams music ok but wont work for handsfree phone use.

Ive also tried it with a Nokia phone kit and although it seems to work ok you have to input the BT passcode everytime the kit connects to the phone.

Does the phone or carkit ask for the passcode? If its the phone you should be able to set it as "authorised" or similar, which will stop this, if its the carkit, there may be an option in there too?

Just bought an LG Viewty KU990 but having trouble operating it with the phone prep Bluetooth. It pairs ok and accepts calls via the speakers & mic but I can't get the phonebook to display on the DIS.

My old Nokia worked fine with the bluetooth. Am I missing something or is this phone just not compatible with the Audi bluetooth prep?

apparently you can send all the contacts to the carkit, seperately to the way Nokia's sync, the instructions are here

http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/on...e/?idproduct=2&idbrand=15&idmodel=719&etape=3

Most LG's have this problem, it is known and there is nothing you can do about it. My current car has bluetooth as standard and ive got to say its one of the best kits ive ever experienced (reads my messages out and everything) and not even that will download the contacts. As previously mentioned i change my phone every week or 2 and LG's are always a nightmare.

Rich

Thanks for the responses guys.

Following on from this I've got rid of the Viewty and am looking at getting a Nokia N95, can anyone please confirm that all the functions work ok with this and the Audi GSM Bluetooth prep?

Thanks for the responses guys.

Following on from this I've got rid of the Viewty and am looking at getting a Nokia N95, can anyone please confirm that all the functions work ok with this and the Audi GSM Bluetooth prep?

IIRC out of the box - no, you will need to install some extra software to make it work, something called Nokia Contact Manager or similar

N95 integrates perfectly, as stated you need to install the contacts download application into your phone, then delete the pairing with your phone and car. Start the application, pair your phone and car, the phonebook will be hoovered by the car using this program.

see the url link below :idea:

Nokia 616 Contact Download Application for Nokia S60 3rd edition devices
1x1trans.gif
Nokia_616_Contacts_Download_S60_3rd.sis
103.80 KB | English

http://europe.nokia.com/A4144399

Sounds great, what car is it?

Its a Fiat Grande Punto Sporting. Ive got to say after having the S3 for a week now im not impressed with the Bluetooth one bit, i would swap it for the Fiat one any day of the week and i never thought i would say that. Apparently i dont sound as clear, the functionality isnt as good and the woman who picks up what im saying, doenst. She always gets it wrong, im actually thinking of having a party the first time she gets it right.

Other than that though im loving it.

Rich