Audi Dealers pi@@ me off

newsboy

Reaction score
been to Audi today to ask if my 170tdi s-line will be the face lift model (week 23 build date)
the salespeason replied dont know theres no way of finding out if it will be the facelift model or not.
i'm thinking of just canceling now say to hell with it
now.

what should i do

been to Audi today to ask if my 170tdi s-line will be the face lift model (week 23 build date)
the salespeason replied dont know theres no way of finding out if it will be the facelift model or not.
i'm thinking of just canceling now say to hell with it
now.

what should i do

Sack it mate! your spending 25k+ on a car and your not happy with the way your being treated!

Walk away and spend your money where you feel valued!

p

Complete crap. He/she couldn't be bothered.

Ask to speak to the sales manager, someone with a brain or try Audi C/S. Or you will cancel the order.

If you are frustrated enough to post what you have done on this thread, then you've almost made up your decision.

What is your deposit, and would you lose it, and have you got a great deal, and when was it ordered?

The above would dictate the extent I would do the following:
Call them back, ask again, say with respect I know you can get that information and remind them you are paying a lot of money for the car and request to speak to someone who will give you an answer. Don't take no for an answer; ask to speak to the salesman's boss if you have to.

Then go to Audi customer services and ask similar questions again.

And then cancel the order if you get nowhere or do not hear the answers you want to.

BTW - a bit harsh to slate all dealers as you've done in the title of this thread.

it just seems as though they cant be ***** to find out
just cause i ordered a preface lift possibly

Didnt you answer your own question? You said your car is scheduled to be built in week 23, Facelift A3 TDI 170PS dont even enter the production line till week 36 on both 3 doors and Sportsback.

So if its definately being built on week 23, it will most definately be the pre facelife model I am afraid.

I am sure you would want a facelift model... but you should have researched a bit more and asked at the time of ordering not now...

If you weren't sure if the model was to be replaced it is your problem.. you should do your homework...

Sure the dealer can say and for 2-3 months does not sell any model.... they will say to you but they don't have to unless you ask...

Pedro

Top and bottom of it my mate, is if you REALLY want the face lift your gonna have to lose your deposit if you paid one!

Your 13 weeks!!!! to early for a face lift ! it's a 1/4 of a year there not gonna put your build back and do you want the extra wait?

p

I am sure you would want a facelift model... but you should have researched a bit more and asked at the time of ordering not now...

If you weren't sure if the model was to be replaced it is your problem.. you should do your homework...

Sure the dealer can say and for 2-3 months does not sell any model.... they will say to you but they don't have to unless you ask...

Pedro

Pedro the facelift has only just been announced in the last few weeks. Before that it was just hearsay. Most reports I have read stated the facelift was next year. You can't expect people to stop ordering as soon as the rumours start. It was only last week that the build week dates were confirmed!

if i would have asked at the time
they would have deniged it anyway

Pedro the facelift has only just been announced in the last few weeks. Before that it was just hearsay. Most reports I have read stated the facelift was next year. You can't expect people to stop ordering as soon as the rumours start. It was only last week that the build week dates were confirmed!

I'm with Pedro on this, just shows how different people see things; there's been loads of stuff pointing totally to 2008 as the facelift for the last 6/7 months or so and I've been under no illusions it would be definitely be in 2008 ranging from photo's / articles in the usual press places to this
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103081

I agree you can't expect people to stop ordering but it's been so much more than just the popstars winners that it was happening this year.

Going back on thread, good luck and go with whatever feels right - losing deposit or whatever feels right for you. You seem as though you want the facelift version so if its a price worth paying, go for it. You never know, politely push them for the information and speaking high up in your dealer's management and you may get what you want. Miss out the salesman, go to his boss and use your charms!

if i would have asked at the time
they would have deniged it anyway

Quite rightly. Until they received PU1354 on 25 April it was purely rumour. I assume you ordered quite some time before them and paid a deposit and therefore entered into a contract. I'm sure they won't, but technically, if you back out now, they could sue you for breach of contact to recover any losses.

Have to agree. There was news that the A3 would be facelifted for Spring/Summer 2008 last year. It was to follow the new cabriolet's design cues and updates.

Personally would have had a caveat on the order that I would only have accepted a facelifted model.

I simply don't believe that the dealers are so much in the dark. They can read the press and this (and other) forum(s).

End of the day they will tell you any thing due to them wanting to make their monthly targets and bonuses.
:banghead:

I assume you ordered quite some time before them and paid a deposit and therefore entered into a contract. I'm sure they won't, but technically, if you back out now, they could sue you for breach of contact to recover any losses.

True. However, in all reality, newsboy's limited liability extends to his deposit. After all, why ask and take a deposit, if the dealer believes that you would have no intention of repudiating the contract?

I simply don't believe that the dealers are so much in the dark. They can read the press and this (and other) forum(s).

I'm sure the dealers were well aware of all the rumours but they cannot deal in rumours, only hard facts. These were released by Audi UK on 24 April. In the past new models have been available in Germany many months before being made available to the UK market. This doesn't seem to happen quite so much now. Personally I would have waited until I knew for certain what was happening and what the 'facelift' looked like before placing a firm order. If I had a current order I would talk to the dealer and if necessary forgo my deposit as the new 170 will not only have a facelift but an entirely new and better common-rail diesel.

My current car is only 12 months old and I will probably wait until the 'New' A3 is released in around 2011 before considering a change.

TBH mate it would help us to help you if you tell us the full story?

When you orderd?

Where you orderd?

Have you paid a deposit?

How much deposit?

Did you get a discount?

What % of discount?

All these questions can/will change the advice we give!

Thanks

p