Speeding fine.

boggysv

Reaction score
36 in a 30 zone, 5.30 am.

I'm not quite sure what to do now really, first time I've got a ticket, advice please?
Fwiw, I do not have a uk license, and will be leaving the country in july.
What if I do not hold a UK driving license?
You can contact dvla or visit dvla.gov.uk and request a uk driving license if you wish or a counterpart (if eligible), which can be obtained using form D9 available from most post offices, in order to accept penalty points or else the matter will have to proceed in court.

Also, the offense is dated 18th march, got their letter 27march, and I've only got back to the uk today after 1.5 months away.

Any advice appreciated.

Have a look on this site - hopefully should answer all your questions http://www.pepipoo.com/ - if you ask the question someone should be able to give you an answer ! I used the info in the past to get a dodgy speed conviction overturned

Richard

As I understand it, some countries, such as Germany, will refuse to pass on your details to the british Authorities, so i would check if yours is one of those.
This is unlike the DVLA who will give your details to anyone for £2.50, including the like likes of eurocar parks who want to send you an unenforceable parking 'fine'

As I understand it the UK authorities cannot put apply points to a non-UK license.

We have the same issue over here with northen drivers coming down on their UK license and using it as a license to ignore the speed limits. They same obviously applies when we go up there (which I have to do tomorrow!!)

Your best bet might be to pay the fine and send them ac copy your foreign license.

but this letter only asks to confirm the driver, does it mean I'll have to reply and admit?

How do I pay the fine? there's no mention of any mode of payment on the letter.

Presumably you reply and say you were driving, then you get the letter with the fine addressed to the driver.

You could always just plead insanity and say that you never got the original notice as you were not here and somebody must have stolen your mail.

I was fined and I have a portuguese license.

Basically they request to see the original, you either post it to them (when you receive the fine at home) if not they will make you an appointment to go to court and see your passport and license. You don't get any points, unless you change to a UK driving license someday.

I just went to court, they saw who I was and paid £60, no points.

Pedro

Sweet, just called up and they cant find anything on their system. The lady on the phone told me it's been canceled.