Anyone got dealer to push back build date to get a facelift

sjoh1271

Reaction score
my new SB is being built 2 weeks before the facelift. dealer won't budge on pushing build date back. anyone else managed to do this?

:banghead:

Are you in a position where can re-place the order? If so then threaten to cancel it and see if they budge then. At the end of the day its your money so you should have the choice to wait.

Rich

Threaten to walk away from the deal. At worst, you will lose your deposit (if you paid one). You could argue they should have let you know about an imminent facelift...?

Just tell him , that you don't want the car you want a face lift car , if not your walking! you wont be happy if it's not the car you want!

If you do walk you will lose your deposit , and dicounts on face lift cars may be harder to come by!

p

I think this is the way forward because they arent going to want to lose a sale over something so stupid. Also if they cant back out of the deal they will be stuck with your car as you specced it.

Rich

I think this is the way forward because they arent going to want to lose a sale over something so stupid. Also if they cant back out of the deal they will be stuck with your car as you specced it.

Rich
Still get around 5% off the facelift S3

my dealer had no problems changing my order to the facelift version, as soon as I walked through the door he assumed I wanted to change the order to the facelift version.

ive paid quite a substantial deposit on my preface lift will i lose my deposit if i cancel as i would like the facelift model now. also the audi dealer never informed me there would be a facelift model. all they do is say audi never informed them even though it was all over the internet

Silly question time: did you know about the facelift when you ordered the car? Did you ask them about the facelift?

No and no. Didnt really think there was a need to ask about any facelifts given that the number plate on the show car read "New S3".

Rich

To be fair, if the showcar wasn't registered then its classed as new.

The facelift isn't being built yet so in theory the dealer sold you the newest S3 available at the time.

ive paid quite a substantial deposit on my preface lift will i lose my deposit if i cancel as i would like the facelift model now. also the audi dealer never informed me there would be a facelift model. all they do is say audi never informed them even though it was all over the internet

surely you only put down what they asked for? i.e. £1K?

To be fair, if the showcar wasn't registered then its classed as new.

The facelift isn't being built yet so in theory the dealer sold you the newest S3 available at the time.

I dont mean like that, if you look the A3's just had A3 on them, the A4's the same but the S3 said New S3 so logically you wouldnt be expecting them to facelift a car that is already being advertised as a new variant. Evidently it means nothing though.

Rich

Put yourself in the dealers shoes, he can only sell you the newest car that is avaliable to him at the time, when you ordered your car the facelift wasn't availiable.

When he orders your car he is committed to having it once it is built, if you change your mind about having it he could well be left with a car he can't sell this is why you have to give a deposit (the threat of losing money tends to put people off changing their minds)

Don't get me wrong though, i would be a bit ****** too but if dealers started telling people 6 months before that a certain model was being facelifted they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Oh come on people, hasn't the A3 facelift been discussed to death on here from November last year? It was going to happen from Spring/Summer.

There's even a PDF kicking around from Audi with their product roadmap for the next 4 years...

My local Audi dealer didn't even know about the face lift model S3 last weekend! My dad ordered an S3 about three weeks ago and paid his deposit and was enraged to find out from the Auto Express car mag that a new facelift model is due out this year. When we ordered the S3, we were told BY THE DEALER THEMSELVES that the facelift model wasn't gonna be available until at least next year, the dealer was clearly talking out their ***.

So last weekend when he phoned to state his concern at buying a car that will be out of date 8 weeks after purchasing, the dealer agreed to change his order to a facelift model. The dealer had to discuss the facelift model amongst themselves whilst on the phone to dad, as they had no idea about its release date etc, that's filthy Agnews for you.

Still have to discuss options and price though, for the facelift S3.