Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

SD card not working

Just wondering if any could help

Im using 256MB Toshiba SD card with only a few music files but it isnt recognised. The unit keeps reading "data corrupted".
    I've simply "copy" and "paste" the mp3 files from computer onto the SD card. I also tried setting up a folder and "copy" and "paste" the files likewise. Still no luck!!
    I then made an mp3 audio CD using the exact same mp3 files. This worked a treat.

I dont realy intend to use the SD card slots for music, but I've realised that the DVD navigation is disabled if Im using the mp3 audio disc. I'll eventually connect my ipod to the headunit, but I got to remake and new docking station first.

Any thoughts on the SD card issue?
    Cheers
    Dan

2. # ADS
    ADS

RAC 500W

Status
    Was the card formatted before you tried to put all of the songs on it? Sometimes if you take a card from another device and dont format it they dont like it, certain phones are a prime example.

Failing that are the files in the right format?

Rich

5th Gear

Status
    Format to FAT32 standard.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

6th Gear

Status
    I found that when I copied the music folder to the SD card it didnt work. Then I realised that in the folder there were hidden files and thats what confuses the car. Copy each song individually, not in folders and it should be ok. But I'd also format the SD card to make sure theres nothing else on it.

Coss
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks, I'll only copy each file individually then to avoid "copying over" any errorenous files.

Apologies for this next question though. I've no idea how to format the SD card. I've just deleted all files/folders that is currently stored on it - surely that isnt formatted??

Thanks again

3rd Gear

Status
    You'll need to go to 'My Computer' on your PC. You should then see your SD card appear as a drive letter (i.e. D: or E: etc.)

Right mouse click on the correct drive that is your SD card and select format.

In the options that appear, make sure you chose to format the card as FAT32 as Issac said in an earlier post. Click OK and it should format.

Also make sure when copying MP3s across that file names are shorter than 64 characters.

Plenty of info on SD Cards here
    Jon

Now A3 less......

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by redbutcher View Post
    Also make sure when copying MP3s across that file names are shorter than 64 characters.

Plenty of info on SD Cards here
    It's the total file path (name + folders) that needs to be less than 64 characters.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    It's the total file path (name + folders) that needs to be less than 64 characters.
    - thanks for the clarification Dave.
    Jon

Now A3 less......