Pirelli's.....

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
Well I had one fail today, not sure if it was due to a puncture but the inside rim failed, i'll get pictures but at least I have an excuse to change them, although the otherside still has a good 4mm on it. Time for some goodyears me thinks :)

Funny because i am just junking a set of Goodyears (F1)...225/40 18 because the noise drives me up the wall.. At 4000 miles Audi say they are badly out of shape...sounds like i am driving a landrover...lol

I am very happy with my Dunlop SP Sport 9000 tyres. Worth considering. Pricey but good. You get what you pay for in a tyre.

i changed my fronts to Goodyear F1 Asym, i was going to get the highly rated F1s but the Asym was fairly new back then and apparantly better although the tread pattern isn't as pretty lol ;)

I like them, great grip in wet and dry although feedback could be better. Got mine from Elite Direct that had a good price on them.

i changed my fronts to Goodyear F1 Asym, i was going to get the highly rated F1s but the Asym was fairly new back then and apparantly better although the tread pattern isn't as pretty lol ;)

I like them, great grip in wet and dry although feedback could be better. Got mine from Elite Direct that had a good price on them.

Yeap second that, I'm also running F1s Asym's on the front and they are way better then the Rear Pirelli's. So much so that I have to be carful in the wet as I have had the car simply lose total grip in the rear tires when the front just holds on in the bends. Only downside is that I think rhey are wearing as little quicker then the Pirelli's.

How about going for somthing different?
I would love to know what these run likem (Evo rate them)

Vredestein ultrac sessanta
UltracSessantaRijrichting.jpg

lol another good thing about the goodyear over the standard pirellis are better sidewall protection, saves the rims from the missus or yourself ;)

Always the Mrs, all us blokes park perfectly every time :)

I think the above are the tyres a neighbour has put on his Cupra R - I've not spoke to him but being a bit sad where car stuff is conccerned I noticed the unique tread pattern with the single vertical line, wonder if he fancies going for a pint and talking about tyres.......maybe not LOL :)

yeah GDS3 have a much better sidewall protector, I wanted the asym's but couldn't get them quick enough and needed to get shot of the silly 1/2 size wheel !

I found Dunlop Sportmaxxes the best all-rounder on my A3.
Comfier and quieter than F1's and Continentals I had before.
Grip was fine too, if not quite up to F1 levels.
Worth the slight trade-off though.

Are you saying the Asym's dont have the rim protector ?