V Power

dipstic

Reaction score
Well I have just filled up with the above £60.17p,I knew I was fairly empty as my light had just come on.Just shows how much prices have crept up over the last few months:blink:

Well I have just filled up with the above £60.17p,I knew I was fairly empty as my light had just come on.Just shows how much prices have crept up over the last few months:blink:

It's a very good job i have a "fuel fairy" :)

p

Just filled mine with diesel at a total cost of £1,638 :faint::faint: So think yourself lucky at a meagre £60 :)

PS The vehicle in question does carry 1550 litre when both tanks are full :laugh::laugh:

Just filled mine with diesel at a total cost of £1,638 :faint::faint: So think yourself lucky at a meagre £60 :)

PS The vehicle in question does carry 1550 litre when both tanks are full :laugh::laugh:

Mate do you use V Power in yours? I do but the manual says I should use 95 Ron. I thought V Power would be healthier for the engine. Any risk in doing so for a 1.4TFSi?

Tell me about it - 5 tanks of the black stuff in April at a cost of £270 odd - started off at £1.15 a litre and the last tank was £1.21 - cheers then!

TFSI - That's quite an impressive fuel bill - bet you rack up the fuel points pretty quickly!

Mate do you use V Power in yours? I do but the manual says I should use 95 Ron. I thought V Power would be healthier for the engine. Any risk in doing so for a 1.4TFSi?

I use V power all the time as i did in my previous a3 and its fine its doing very well on fuel when the missus drives it but deteriorates when i drive funnily enough.

Not read the manual so will have to have a look at that.

2 months old and 1400 miles and i'm chuffed to bits with it.

The only things to be rectified are my remote locking which only does one door at a time and i want one press to unlock everything and the auto power up/down feature on the windows wont work which is down to the central locking setting i think.

Vpower or similar on my S3.... In my car, I really notice when 95ron goes in...

Others don't feel the difference in mine is quite noticiable. Did that once by mistake... never again... My mate on the new TT 2.0TT is the same...

Pedro

Ive always filled up on V-Power but just started to use Tesco 99. Will see if I notice anything... as I doubt I will ... FIlled up from empty... almost entirely empty in fact for £53.12

I use V-Power diesel around £60ish to a tank, £1.22 a litre! :faint:

I'd love to know if VPD makes a difference seeing as weasle engines can't advance or ******

biggest fill I've done is £114.08 - it lasted all of 2 hours on track before I was back filling the ******* car up again

Ive always filled up on V-Power but just started to use Tesco 99. Will see if I notice anything... as I doubt I will ... FIlled up from empty... almost entirely empty in fact for £53.12

Where u getting that from m8? My tesco express is 98.

Chesterfield and Sheffield have it on 99...

but you can use this (Greenergy International site) to find your local one. :blackrs4:

I had a work car for the weekend not so long ago and did 760miles which needed £380 worth of V-Power!

Thankfully i had a fuel card and plus i got collected all 6 v-power model cars!

Last weekend i put £60.50 worth of v power into the A3, had 5miles left showing on the DIS.

I'd love to know if VPD makes a difference seeing as weasle engines can't advance or ******

biggest fill I've done is £114.08 - it lasted all of 2 hours on track before I was back filling the ******* car up again

Makes a difference if you use 95 octane or 98 octane... a noticiable difference...

Between V power and 98, i think there is no difference...

Pedro

Was about £53 when i first got my s3 about 3months ago but is now £63/ week! gutting!

Where u getting that from m8? My tesco express is 98.
Don't go near that horrible Tesco 98 rubbish!!!!

I filled up my RS4 with Tesco 98 at the Tesco at Brackley - and the car ran like an absolute dog until I had flushed that crap out. Well down on power, loads of flat spots, ... I'll NEVER buy Tesco 98 again.

Tesco 99 is a COMPLETELY different story - I used to use it a lot and I couldn't tell any difference in performance and drivability when I had VPower or Tesco 99.

Tesco 99 = good, Tesco 98 = total crap

I always ran my 3.2 on V power but tried 95 once and it actually seemed to run a lot better with the 95!! But I always use Shell petrol as it runs better than all the others.
Tesco petrol is apparently like a fuel lottery, they get it from different suppliers so it can be really good, but also can be full of crap and make your car run like a dog. Remember that big Tesco fuel problem recently?

I used to run my GTI MK5 on Tesco 99 - no probs at all
Im sure i read a report somewhere (Autocar i think) where they tested
BP Ultimate
V - Power
Tesco 99 - and Tesco 99 came out the better fuel!!