S8 wheels

L

L60N

Would Audi S8 wheels go on an S3?

I like my wheels but would prefer 19's to fill out the arches a bit more. Sizing is as follows:

8JBolt Pattern:5-100/112Structure:One Piece Diameter:19 inchesOffset:35

audi_s8_wheel.jpg

Hi L60N

I would recommend that you go for 45-50 offset to give you decent tyre clearance with a 8" width. If you are going to lower it or it is already lowered use a 225/35/19 tyre, not a 235/35/19.
Take a gander at our web site www.designerwheels.co.uk as we have lots that will fit in a 19", we can get hold of lots of stuff that is not on our site yet so best to pm me or give me a call on 0151 343 0003 to see what we have.

Hi L60N

I would recommend that you go for 45-50 offset to give you decent tyre clearance with a 8" width. If you are going to lower it or it is already lowered use a 225/35/19 tyre, not a 235/35/19.
Take a gander at our web site www.designerwheels.co.uk as we have lots that will fit in a 19", we can get hold of lots of stuff that is not on our site yet so best to pm me or give me a call on 0151 343 0003 to see what we have.

Man you guys sell some sweet looking wheels!

www.swtyres.co.uk do S8 reps as like this one (on 20s):-

S320s.jpg

The only problem with the 20s is they totally ruin the ride and handling. The look amazing if that is all you are after, but if you want to use it every day and fast I would not recommend them. Don't get me wrong, I am thinking about putting 20s on mine so I am not totally against the idea.

Also, be wary of reps as some are good and some are very bad. I don't sell reps as I have seen some that have cracked and seeing as wheels, tyres and brakes are probably the most important parts of your car I think it is not worth the risk.

I think the 20's look too big looking at that picture. 19's are perfect for what im after.

Just got back from a mad weekend and now desperately trying to get my head back into work but i will have a good look at your site John.

Out of interest do you do finance, like over 6months for example? Im rather skint this month ;)

Those 20''s look ridiculous. Completely ruin the car. In my opinion don't go above 18'' on the A3 as Audi didn't make or advise 19''s for it. Car will perform much better on 18'' wheels. Perfect.

With you there, GR.
That S3 looks comical on those wheels.
I don't know how people can be bothered with the 'fear factor' either.
I find myself avoiding certain potholed routes I used to happily take, just because of the wide 19's on my car.
Daft that wheels dictate your route, but there you go.:tocktock:

Looks wise i think 19's would look better , but the ride and handling will suffer for it so it's a fine line between go or show!

p

The car handles better on standard suspension with 19" spaced out more, feels more planted.

18" with spacers and some better suspension would be the best of both worlds though IMO.

I wouldn't go for reps though if at all possible....it's a false economy

Reps *must* have to pass TuV or British standard tests though?

Reps *must* have to pass TuV or British standard tests though?

The RS4's that came with my car have no markings on them to say that. And the quality of materials used in them would make me very suprised if they passed any kind of tests.

The RS4's that came with my car have no markings on them to say that. And the quality of materials used in them would make me very suprised if they passed any kind of tests.

So can you buy Tuv / BS kitemarked reps then?
Just trying to see if there's a middle ground between unregulated tat and over-priced OEM.

So can you buy Tuv / BS kitemarked reps then?
Just trying to see if there's a middle ground between unregulated tat and over-priced OEM.

Some reps are made by really good factories and are TUV/JWL/BS tested, but loads are not and you can not see just by looking at them. In China (where most are made) there are no copy right laws so you can get a set of wheel from China with a 'TUV' certificate in the box, but as there are no laws controlling copying it does not mean it is real. IMO it is jsut not worth the risk. Get wheels from a reputable manufacturer who offer a warranty etc and you can't go wrong!

Indeed. The Q7 look is not a good one, but yet I get slated for spending £840 on coilovers, good job I'm not here to satisfy you lot as I would have failed along time ago.

Indeed. The Q7 look is not a good one, but yet I get slated for spending £840 on coilovers, good job I'm not here to satisfy you lot as I would have failed along time ago.

Ah yeah , but it's not just £840 is it? what about the best part of £400 for fitting?

My springs cost me £270 all in! woop woop:)

p

^^^^20's are tooooooo big , they over power the car , 19's would look right i guess.

p

Yeah definately. 19's would look spot on.
No wonder why its remapped... needs the power to slug they along the road.

The A3 handles 19's really well for a small car, those Victor Equipment Turismo's could look quite cool i suppose, they do one called the Le Mans which is nicer though

www.victorequipmentwheels.com

Why you all slating N8KOW for coilovers? If you can stretch to them they are worth paying for, my golf handled far better on coilies than on just lowered springs

is that a focus? :sadlike: only joking, still not sure it works in that colour for me personally

Why you all slating N8KOW for coilovers? If you can stretch to them they are worth paying for, my golf handled far better on coilies than on just lowered springs

I certainly don't think ANYBODY is slating Nath!

I also think we all agree that coilover's regardless of price are better than just uprated springs!

Can i and maybe others justify spending £1200+ ? no i can't , and others may feel the same.

If i was a track day junkie coilovers would be my first mod!

TBH it defeat's the object anyway , about coilovers handling better than springs then ruin it all by putting 19's on! :)

p

Problem I had on my S3 with 19's was the 1st pot hole ****** made the interior on one wheel bend in making it go flat & the ride was ****** awful, 2 reasons not to have 19's, 18's are just right but 19's would cost ride & possibly alot of wasted money, I repaired the wheel & sold on & went back to 18's never looked back, especially after driving 30 miles home on pretty flat tyre at some god forbid slow speed, wasnt amused atall as was out in sticks with no ****** signal on mobile, lucky I had the battery starter pack that had an air compressor onboard to pump up every few miles, but it was a very **** day I tell yer, lol, lol, what us lot go through for perfection.

Fair enough, got the tone wrong! Coilovers were best thing i spent money on last few cars, I lowered an e46 coupe on just springs and it crashed and banged about like mad

I'll be honest...If that solar orange S3 with the comical 20's is representative with the crowd now buying S3's i'm glad i don't own one!! Nice example of a great car being totally ruined. Just buy a VXR for god sake!

Yeah I second that, it does ruin the car & makes me think even more that there is something not quite right with the S3, I mean the engine is actually ****** good but it just lacks the lust/difference between the A3 & the S3 like it was on the 8L range, there were distinctive differences but with an 8P sline kit it almost looks like an s3 anyway, expected more to be honest after having an S3 for 7 years then S4 B6, when they facelift soon they should give it a more meaner look but in the way audi can do.

Dont get me wrong guys, I would probably still buy the current S3 but could have looked more like an S car than the A3 range, anyone???

Same with most of the newer "S" cars, the differences between the A4/S4 , A5/S5, A8/S8 are all subtle.