Black Car Diet

Spin140

Reaction score
Just realised having a black car again is good for the waist line.

Everytime it rains I don't go home for lunch in an attempt to keep the car clean !!

Anyone else as 'sad' as me LOL ?!?

Its raining here so my car is getting a free wash !

Everytime i plan to wash it it has rained all day, or the next.
Had it for 2 months now and not one weekend of sunshine.

Its silver so it doesnt show the dirt too much :yahoo:

Wash it 1 or 2 times a week. Hate it being dirty but at the same time there has to be a limit to how much time I spend on it.

There are some back roads like up to my uncles farm where I dont take it unless I can help it. Usually nick my girlfriends or my Mums car for that job! :laugh:

The wife and I both have black cars.
I look after them both equally well.
It's a constant ****** cycle, like painting the Forth road bridge, or letting Dawn French's trousers out.

I wash the car once a week, maybe... Got a remark from my grumpy next door neighbour:

Grumpy man ---> "You'll wash it away lad" "I do mine once a month which is adequate"

Me---> "Yeah?? Well mines white so its once a week now f*ck off"

The last two words were said in my mind :p

I wash mine no matter if it is raining or not! If it is raining it is not bad to wash it anyway as the dirt does not build up... also the rain washes away the soap so no marks of drying as well...

I think all registered members should get a life...me included off course...lololol

Pedro

Black cars can be a pain to keep clean, but there is that satisfaction you get once it's just been cleaned - they come up so well, especially when waxed.

i'm tired spending all my time washing my black A3 ...:lazy:my next colour will be ibis white(i dont like silver)

White's worse!
You can get away with tar spots on a black car, to a fair degree.
They'll drive you barmy on a white car.
If there's one car cleaning job I despise, it's de-tarring....

(You know what my last white car was?....a Nissan Primera...
I was young and it was a new company car, I thought it was ace..
I kept it nice and clean, even the blue interior...:))

Hard to believe white is so popular now when it used to be the poor man's or old mans option. Are we all agreed this was encouraged by the launch of the GTi in white ?

My wifes car is black too but she covers >30K a year seems I'm destined to spend a lot of time on my driveway..