Audi magnetic ride new S3

Dave1000

Reaction score
Is this a standard thing or offered as a paid option on the facelift?

It is a £1150 option for the TT, so it would not be standard for the new S3.

The only things the new S3 gain over the old one except for the new body styling are new style 18" alloys, front center armrest, multi function steering wheel and the xenons with LED DRL.

The only things the new S3 gain over the old one except for the new body styling are new style 18" alloys, front center armrest, multi function steering wheel and the xenons with LED DRL.

Colour DIS screen too!

Is this a standard thing or offered as a paid option on the facelift?

Evo mention in the latest issue covering the new Scirocco that they will come with mgentic dampers as standard.... and the car will be priced BELOW the golf GTi!
If VW make that move how can they offer it on other VAG cars for a £1k+ premium!!!

I would take what the press writes with a pinch of salt unless VW comes out with an official pricing and spec. The process of designing and manufacturing a new car to have the magnetic ride system would be cheaper than to have one fitted onto chassis that was made to use the original dampeners, as at the of day they arent adding another dampener system on top of the original, they are fitting it in lieu of the original ones and the cost should somewhat offset itself.

However I cant see it being standard on Scirocco, maybe if they have different trim levels it would be standard on the high end trim.

Has anyone experienced the magnetic ride on the TT then? Is it worth it over stock? or a decent set or coilovers.....

It comes standard on the TT-s so i should think it will be standard on the S3. It only mentions magnetic ride on the S3 Sportback at the mom on the audi site, so not sure if the 3 door will get it at all.