JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning

Thread: Lost a feature

Born to Fish

Status

Lost a feature

My 2 month old A3 seems to have lost a feature ! i.e. it wont put the windows up or down after remote locking/unlocking the car. It worked when i first had it but now seems to have done a bunk.

It also takes 2 presses of the remote to unlock both doors which is a bit annoying when the wifes banging on the passenger window ! Tee Hee !

My previous A3 had one press unlocks everything and the auto window function worked for 3 years.

I presume this is just a quick trip back to my dealer and a little tweek with the puter ! Or is it ??
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    Does the auto windows work? Maybe that has something to do with the remote function.

The 1 button unlock is a feature that needs to be set with a VAG.COM. Your dealer should be able to do it free if you bought from them.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Born to Fish

Status
    The auto windows did work ???? or was that my previous car ??? Got me thinking now ?? Phone call to the dealer i think on Monday. You could be right about one function stopping another function.

50 years old and my bloody minds on its way out !!!!!
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

Stalled

Status
    It requires 2 presses to unlock the passenger side door on the A4 also, I think its mainly because you dont need both doors unlocked when driving alone so it's more of a security feature.

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    The auto windows did work ???? or was that my previous car ??? Got me thinking now ?? Phone call to the dealer i think on Monday. You could be right about one function stopping another function.

50 years old and my bloody minds on its way out !!!!!
    Lol Can you not try it out today? You can reset the auto windows:

Windows 'auto up' does not work

saves me typing.

If not that then maybe that also needs reprograming at the dealers.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

5th Gear

Status
    it could be the ECU for the central convenience systems. I had this issue on my rs4. Settings all correct in Vag com (and at the dealers) but holding the lock button down did not wind the windows up. Delaer changed under warranty and all ok.

You could try changing the setting but I'll bet it wont work.
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

Born to Fish

Status
    Just returned from my local dealer and my auto windows now work and the remote lockings as i want it (one press unlocks the lot and one press locks the lot) My Auto windows now work and my N/S easy entry seat fixed as well. Happy now

5th Gear

Status
    My windows lost the one touch feature and also when I had the windows down and walked off and left the car they would not shut when I held the lock button like they are meant to. Was after my car went in to have the dash bulb sorted so took it back and they reprogammed it.
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Reverse Gear

Status
    When i close my windows and leave the car, I look back and sometimes both front windows have re-opened a third of the way down?

What is all that about?

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    Mate just had a reply from Superchips. It seems that there is still no definite date for release.

Thank you for your enquiry regarding a Superchips modification.

Unfortunately we do not offer a modification for your vehicle at present.

The product is currently in development, however, no timescales for a product release are available at this time.

We will retain your details and contact you when we have news for you.

In the meantime, please click here to view ourbluefin website and here to view our general Superchips website.

Will keep you posted.
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

Born to Fish

Status
    It's perhaps not such a simple task on this Bosch ECU I believe its a new one (MED 17 Tri-Core) or something similar.

Ah well wont be wearing my front tyres out just yet then

But in its standard form of 125 PS its a lively little bugger considering its displacement.

Impressed by its long peak torque band, it's exhaust note, its turbo spooling up at low RPM and its return of 41-43 MPG

Oh and its 115 road tax

Overall its a great car for what i want it for

AND it looks BLOODY GOOD as well

1st Gear

Status
    I've e-mailed Superchips as well, so hopefully they will realise that theres enough call to produce a remap!
    Audi A3 Sportback 1.4TFSi Sport, Akoya Silver, 18" 5-arm Alloys, Bose Sound

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The windows down a 3rd is called venting & if I remember right is a feature for say like hot summer days, you can turn it on/off in VAG via long coding I think in comfort system 46 either coding or adaption, its a remote option I think a sequence of presses, dont quote on that as I cant check right this minute but will tomorrow when got 5 minutes.

The double click full unlock is the security feature as someone mentioned which is also a VAG job, easily changed as I have it, I forget all the bloody time to click it twice, but living in South Africa for a year taught me that one is a good idea & the auto lock after 15kmh, both good settings to have in this day & age.

The windows that wont close on one touch just needs a reset by fully bringing them down by holding the button then fully doing them back up & holding the button, this restores one touch feature.

If still an issue with windows then do a full VAG read of car & then clear them then test again after doing the reset option as above, if still problem then points towards convenience module located behind rear panel behind the petrol flap in boot.
    Last edited by NHN; 28th May 2008 at 20:20.