Chris NottVolks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetricals

having 4 fitted now for Ł463.17 at HiQ. Pretty cheap I thought :-)

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Good price. Let us know how you get on with them.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Third Gear

Status
    I paid Ł214 for two fitted and balanced, so would be Ł428 for four which I reckon i could get a further discount for buying a full set. Still Ł463 is not bad compared to some suppliers.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    I paid Ł214 for two fitted and balanced, so would be Ł428 for four which I reckon i could get a further discount for buying a full set. Still Ł463 is not bad compared to some suppliers.

Mark
    National tyres quoted well over 700 for 4!!

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    National tyres quoted well over 700 for 4!!
    That's ridiculous, what a cheek.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Bracknell Tyres quoted Ł408 for 4..
    S3 - Phantom Black with a few options..

Neutral

Status
    As I found out to my cost (well, the place that fitted my tyres as they paid to refurb my wheels), price isn't everything - what you want is a combination of price and good fitters! I had used these people plenty of times before with no issues - very quick, friendly service and reasonable prices, but I must've got someone on a bad day as the fitter caught the rims when fitting the tyres.
    I only noticed when cleaning the car the following day and went back to the place that fitted them. They offered to pay for the refurb (Ł100 per wheel) but the owner wasn't having it initially - it was only when I pointed out that the car had never had any new tyres before and that as the marks on the wheel could only have been made by a tyre machine (as they were a constant radius around 4 mm in from the edge of the wheel) that he agreed
    2007 Silver S3 - DVD SatNav, MFBSW, Bose, GSM Bluetooth Phone prep, privacy glass, cruise control, lighting and rain sensor pack, piano inlays, GIAC Hammer map

2nd Gear

Status
    And its sad when you ask the tyre fitters to check your wheels with you before they touch them (I had two on my previous car refurbed after the tyre fitters removed the wheel nuts with an air gun and a socket that was too big and scored the wheels)
    Dont know whats worse, car going to main dealers or to have tyres fitted (other half wont drive it in case the kerb jumps out on her )

jamiekip
    What is the official name for these tyres?
    I enquired recently and was told they were no longer available..... I didmention that they have only been on the market for about 6 -8 months!
    Any ideas?

Neutral

Status
    Goodyear F1 Asymmetric. They've been out for 6-8 months. Make sure you don't get palmed off with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD's

http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/tires/summerperformance/

and

http://www.eagle-f1-asymmetric.co.uk/

First place I went to, I was told that he'd been in the business 13 years and never heard of them and he would know. He had t'internet so I pointed him at the Goodyear site and he went really quiet!
    2007 Silver S3 - DVD SatNav, MFBSW, Bose, GSM Bluetooth Phone prep, privacy glass, cruise control, lighting and rain sensor pack, piano inlays, GIAC Hammer map

Neutral

Status
    Just gone from GSD3s to these! 4 for Ł400.01 (but 225,45,17" so don't worry your sizes would have been more) and found them very good so far!
    Audi A3 54 reg 2.0TDI Sport in Mauritius Blue!