FACELIFT MODEL GENUINE DATES SEE HERE

newsboy

Reaction score
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

THE NEW GENERATION A3 WILL START PRODUCTION AS FOLLOWS:

A3 AND S3 ( 3DR) WILL START PRODUCTION WEEK 22 (DEPENDANT ON ENGINE AND GEARBOX)
A3 AND S3 SPORTBACK WILL START PRODUCTION WEEK 24 (DEPENDANT ON ENGINE AND GEERBOX)
170 TDI ENGINES WILL NOT START PRODUTION TILL WEEK 36 FOR BOTH A3 AND A3 SPORTBACK.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT.

straight from the horses secret mouth

i've got an expected delivery date of wk24, wonder what mine will look like!

where did you get this information?

Audi dealers have all the info on there intranet so just walk in and ask a nice salesperson....

I did and found out that the new SE is losing half the stuff it had on it... apparently to encourage fleet sales. gone are cruise control, Auto lights, Auto wipers, storagepack and 17" alloys..... Gaining 16" alloys(yuk), DIS....

Glad I'm getting the '08 spec.

Just got a call from the dealer to comfirm the build dates, he said mine would be the facelift model so I ll be popping down to Audi on Monday to finalise the specs.

As I ordered a 170 last week, mine should be the non facelift.

Thanks for the info guys.

Mine is a A3 Sportback got told a week ago that it was build week 18 delivery date 22 so will prob get one of the last of the current shape, although might ring in a couple of weeks to see if they have changed the build date as the leasing company may try and delay it if they are thinking of residual value!

Like N8KOW I like the facelift rear lights hopefully they will be an easy swap out!

Not convinced on the build dates spoken to 2 Audi dealers today if ordered S3 would still be current model have no offical word from Audi & one even said its will be 09 model & wouldnt be able to order till at least September !

Just got a call from the dealer to comfirm the build dates, he said mine would be the facelift model so I ll be popping down to Audi on Monday to finalise the specs.

Which model have you ordered and when? Also what week have they given you for the build?

Thanks

Rich

Has anyone else had anyluck on confirming these build dates as I am not so sure these are correct......

Which model have you ordered and when? Also what week have they given you for the build?

Thanks

Rich

1.4 TFSI S-Line, ordered 18th Feb and still no build week. Hence I am going to Audi tomorrow to sort everything out.

Has anyone else had anyluck on confirming these build dates as I am not so sure these are correct......

The dates in this thread are genuine, I phoned up 3 different dealers in my are and they all said new A3 starts production in week 22 and A3 Sportsback starts in week 24.

N8KOW let me know when you find them and how much they are, mines a company car so can't do any major mods like change the bumper and slam it, but rear lights will hopefully be an easy mod that can be swapped back at service time ;o) Thats why I hope Revo bring out a switchable remap for the 1.4 TFSI don't want to risk them noticing it when it goes in for service etc...

MCC49 let me know what they say with regard to yours as I ordered my 1.4 TFSI Sport about 01/02/08 now last week I rang the leasing comapny and she told me a build date of week 18/19 but delivery date of week 24, not sure whether the leasing company have the power to delay it but you would think they would as resdiuals would be better on the facelift.

Who knows guess we will just have to wait a couple of months!

ye no problem, will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

these are genuine dates i have an internal memo in my hands

Been to the dealers today and got it changed over to the new model, managed to blag Xenons with LED DRL and Parking Sensors for free because of price decrease of the S-Line trim and my original order was so badly delayed.

Nice one, you have done well there. Although in saying that i suppose you have been waiting an awfully long time.

Rich

I have just been to see my friendly dealer contact and I have obtained a copy of the complete document circulated to dealers about the 'New generation A3s'.

One particularly interesting item is that the production of the 2008 mod4els will cease for A3 and S3 at the end of week 22 and for the A3 Sportback at the end of week 25. So anyone who has one order with a build week before 22 or 25 respectively will get the existing 2008 model. Anyone with a build week after that will get the 'New' 2009 model.

Another interesting item is that for the 2009 model year the 3.2 quattro is Discontinued and the 2.0TFSI quattro will only be available with the S-tronic gearbox. The manual gearbox 2.0TFSI quattro is Discontinued.

Also the 140 and 170 2.0TDI diesels will both be new Common-rail versions and has already been mentioned in another post the 170 versions will not start production until week 36.

The trim levels will also change with Standard, SE, Sport and S-Line being a more progressive range. SE will be +£650 over Standard, Sport will be +£1200 over SE and S-Line will be +£1550 over Sport.

The SE trim looses much of it's existing equipment like the Concert radio/CD, AUX-IN connection, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, 17" wheels, Electronic climate control, Interior light pack, Storage pack and wood/aluminium inlays. No doubt these will still be available as options. The price of the SE trim goes down from £2000 to £650.

There is more information so if anyone has a particular query go ahead and ask I will happily see if the document answers it.

Another interesting item is that for the 2009 model year the 3.2 quattro is Discontinued and the 2.0TFSI quattro will only be available with the S-tronic gearbox. The manual gearbox 2.0TFSI quattro is Discontinued.

I can understand them getting rid of the 3.2. Why would anyone choose it over the S3 if the prices remain similar? Especially with the new road tax costs.

I had a 2.0TFSI Quattro manual and I have seen plenty of others on this forum. I wonder why they're stopping it!

The trim levels will also change with Standard, SE, Sport and S-Line being a more progressive range. SE will be +£650 over Standard, Sport will be +£1200 over SE and S-Line will be +£1550 over Sport.

The SE trim looses much of it's existing equipment like the Concert radio/CD, AUX-IN connection, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, 17" wheels, Electronic climate control, Interior light pack, Storage pack and wood/aluminium inlays. No doubt these will still be available as options. The price of the SE trim goes down from £2000 to £650.

Interesting.
So the Sport option also goes down in price from £2k to £1850.

Is there any information on whats being added or removed from the S-LINE pack.

I think I am getting the non facelift as my order is for a 170 TDi and they think it should be with me for the end of June, and I think week 36 is September.

S line Model

Items remaining in trim level
Sport specification plus :

S line body-styling
S line badging on front wings
Black headlining
Matt brushed aluminium inlays
Illuminated vanity mirrors

Items added to trim level

Black ‘Sprint’ cloth/leather
upholstery
New 18” 7-arm double spoke
alloy wheels
S line part perforated multifunction
steering wheel
Front centre armrest
Rear floor mats

Items removed from trim level

Vienna leather upholstery
18” 5-arm alloy wheels

Oh and only S-Line models with Xenon Plus pack will get the LED DRL

Is there any information on what is being added or removed from the Sport specification, compared to what currently is available?

Also is there a list (and price?) of the new optional extras; thought I heard somewhere that things like the flat bottomed steering wheel was a new option.

S Line - that sucks - no vienna leather and no 5 arm wheels - mine better be a non facelift! And you have to pay for xenon plus just to get the drl's. crazy

Standard Model

Items remaining in trim

Electric/heated door mirrors
Chorus radio/CD

Manual air conditioning
New 16” 7-spoke alloy wheels
Rear floor mats
‘Frequency’ cloth upholstery

none

SE Model

Front centre armrest

4-spoke leather multi-function
steering wheel
Front fog lights
New 16” 6-spoke alloy wheels
Driver’s Information System
‘Frequency’ cloth upholstery
Manual air conditioning
Rear floor mats

Concert radio/CD
AUX-IN connection
Cruise control
Light and rain sensor
17” 16-spoke alloy wheels
Electronic climate control
‘Metrik’ cloth upholstery
Interior light pack
Storage pack
Vavona wood/aluminium inlays

Sport Model

Concert radio/CD
AUX-IN connection
Front sports seats
Aluminium sill strips
Driver’s Information System
Electronic climate control
Sun blind in rear parcel shelf
Sports suspension
Front fog lights

Aluminium medial inlays
New 17” ‘Star’ alloy wheels
3-spoke leather multi-function
steering wheel
Rear floor mats
‘Dynamic’ cloth upholstery

17” 5-spoke alloy wheels
Gloss finished inlays

Hope that helps

S Line - that sucks - no vienna leather and no 5 arm wheels - mine better be a non facelift! And you have to pay for xenon plus just to get the drl's. crazy

Ye for the majority no leather sucks, but I cant stand leather so I actually opt'd for half leather/cloth on my A3 ordered in Feb losing out on the £700 upgrade. This new S-Line package is perfect for me as it loses the Leather I dont like and adds things I wanted like arm rest, multi function steering wheel and RS4 alloys at £400 less.

Ye for the majority no leather sucks, but I cant stand leather so I actually opt'd for half leather/cloth on my A3 ordered in Feb losing out on the £700 upgrade. This new S-Line package is perfect for me as it loses the Leather I dont like and adds things I wanted like arm rest, multi function steering wheel and RS4 alloys at £400 less.

That's a right touch for you then although I thought the vienna on the s line was only part leather anyway?

@ mcc49, sorry, meant to ask how come yours had been delayed so long? Did you get an explanation? I am quite concerned that not only will I get a facelift, the only novelty I quite like is the drl's and I didn't opt for Xenon, but also that delivery is going to be mega delayed, I ordered 18th march I think and got 9th june so far as delivery date!

@ mcc49, sorry, meant to ask how come yours had been delayed so long? Did you get an explanation? I am quite concerned that not only will I get a facelift, the only novelty I quite like is the drl's and I didn't opt for Xenon, but also that delivery is going to be mega delayed, I ordered 18th march I think and got 9th june so far as delivery date!

As production of the 3-door ends at the end of week 22 (31/5/08) and it normally takes 2-3 weeks to get from the factory to the dealer, your car may well be a 2008 model rather than a 2009 model.

hope so, I have a horrible feeling I will be getting an email from our fleet woman saying it's delayed till end July and I can't have this that and the other!!

The reason I was given was that there was a huge backorder of A3 in Europe and the factory couldnt keep up with the demand, but I dont know how true this excuse is. My car was ordered on the 18th Feb and to this day there were still no comfirmed build date, if I didnt cancel the order the dealer was guessing another 2 month delay.

I'm going to see our fleet manager tomorrow so am gonna find out the SP on mine.....

With the changes to the SE I hope mine isn't a facelift unless they honour the 08 spec on it as it was ordered as an 08.

I have been told a delivery date of wk23 and it was only ordered on the 4th April.

Another thing I've just spotted...

It seems like Xenon Plus headlights (with LED DRLs) will only be an option on the S-Line models. This is the case with the new A3 cabriolet. Both the Xenob Plus and the Adaptive Headlights are only available on the S-Line.