Genuine Audi privacy glass

yod9999

Reaction score
Is it possible to buy Audi factory tinted glass to replace non-tinted windows? I wanted privacy glass but it's not on the S3 that I'm getting next month, and I'm not keep on tints done with film. Anyone know if you can buy this? Surely if you've already got privacy glass and one of the windows gets broken you'd be able to replace it with a proper factory one. It'd probably cost a fortune though...

Anyone?

I'm not keep on tints done with film.

How come? Just I've never had a problem or cause to dislike professionally fitted film tints

Had a look on ETKA and can't see any specific part numbers for privacy glass unless someone else can?

Does anyone know what % of transparency the original privacy glass is? I would like to replicate the look with film

Got a feeling dealers send cars off to have the tints done. Recently went for a quote for tints on a 3 door (all windows less screen - £200) the guy had 3 Spankin new cars in there from the dealer getting tints! (that was in Bristol) I could give him a call if you wanted to see what % dealers have??

I've seen a few black cars latley that have tints but not as much as the factory and I think it looks much better, the only thing I dislike is where the fronts don't get done, imo if thats what you have you might as well buy a van for a similar look

The current UK law prevents the tinting of the windscreen and front door windows. I think any tints on the front door must allow at least 70% light transmission.

The was an item in one of the recent 'Traffic Cops' programmes on television where a police patrol stopped a lady driving a Range Rover with tinted windows. The policeman used a machine to test the light transmission and he gave her the option of removing the film there and then or taking a fixed penalty fine.