EM TuningAH Fabrications
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Mate thanks for that it's appreciated can't wait to get going gonna go to the salvage breakers on Wednesday they just deal with vw and Audi so might have some luck n I have already bought some 18" matte black alloys and some 35mm lowering springs so am Alrwady uo n running lol

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    matt I updated the wiring for DRL on the facelift bi xenon on my thread if your mate hasn't yet wired his in.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi does anyone no if you need to replace the wings when you do this front conversion

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cal gwynne View Post
    Hi does anyone no if you need to replace the wings when you do this front conversion
    Read the first page of the thread mate
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Oh yeah missed that mate lol n by replace the reinforcement bar what does that actually mean get rid of coz I don't get why you have to replace it if you clear that up it would be appreciated mate
    Cheers
    Cal

Lukey.T

Status
    This is next on my 'To Do' list,

mattandrew - The car looks stunning now dude
    WANTED - 8P Front Bumper 2005 onwards

Y.N.W.A.

Status
    wow the second conversion looks mean!! are those MY11's?

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi, i am new to this site and trying to find out to to convert my 2006 a3 to the new 2009 facelift model. i have currently got bonnet, front bumper n black grill. i need wings and headlights but do i need a new front panel or is it all the same fixings for headlights?? i have been trying to sort this car out for weeks.

Reverse Gear

Status
    do you know what he had to do to make this conversion successful?? i am currently on doing it but do not know how much i need to change. i have bumper, grill, wings, bonnet. oviously need light but is all the front panel the same??

5th Gear

Status
    Parts you need:

8P0 821 469 - Wing Bracket Rear QTY:2
    8P0 821 467 - Wing Bracket Center QTY:2
    8P0 821 471 - Wing Bracket Front QTY:2
    8P0 823 301 B - Bonnet Lid Hinge -Left
    8P0 823 302 B - Bonnet Lid Hinge -Right
    8P0 821 171 G - Wheel Housing Liner , Plastic -Left
    8P0 821 172 G - Wheel Housing Liner , Plastic -Right
    8P2 823 531 G - Lid Lock Cable
    8P0 807 183 A - Front Bumper Guide
    8P0 807 184 A - Front Bumper Guide
    8P0 807 863 A -Securing Strip
    8P0 807 864 A -Securing Strip
    8P0 823 509 H Lid Lock with Micro-switch
    8P0 805 588 L -Lock Carrier with mounting for coolant radiator - Comes with headlight sockets

Bonnet 2009-2011 Paid=£80
    Normal Front Bumper with Grill 2009-2011 Paid=£100
    Left Wing 2009-2011 Paid= £40
    Right Wing 2009-2011 Paid= £90
    Side Mirrors with indicates 2009-2011= £134 for both
    S3 Rear Bump for Parking Sensors 2007-2011= £215
    Fog Lights 2009-2011 = £28.99
    Fog Light Surround 2009-2011 = £20
    S3 Roof Spoiler Any 8P = £74.99
    CE K Module =£165 Installed : Thanks To RS
    Door J Module = £100

Read this:

"Digzz" Work In Progress :

That should get you started!

Reverse Gear

Status
    in need of some headlights for this conversion and connot find any anywere. rather not have xeions as will just up upgrade kit in to make cheaper. please help

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattandrew View Post
    Bit of an update from the original thread post back in 2008. I think this maybe one of the few A3's to go through two facelift conversions. I sold the car to a mate who then sold it onto another of our mates. Steady the current owner has just done the latest facelift conversion.

From this

To this

To this

Matts,then mine,now Steadys,its just keeps getting better,Just needs some better wheels
    and it will look amazing IMO
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

3rd Gear

Status
    Anyone else wanting to do this mod,i have a 2006 sport,not s-line front bumper,fogs,main grill etc also rear bumper
    all in dolphin grey.
    Let me know

Jules
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

Reverse Gear

Status
    cheers i must of been typing it in defferent

Reverse Gear

Status
    need help again. conversion is well underway now. all paint work nearly finished. only problem i have is my headlights. i just asumed they would be plug and play but everything is working fine apart from te side lights do not work on new headlights. is there a code need changing by using VAG.com??

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just a quick question I'm unsure on, I currently have a pre facelift 8P3 ( double grill ) and I'm looking to go for the single grill conversion BUT I want no bump strips, ie. The smooth one. Do I just need the reinforcement bars, bonnet grill and fogs or do I also need to replace the wings for this? and what year is it from?

Thanks!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake. View Post
    Just a quick question I'm unsure on, I currently have a pre facelift 8P3 ( double grill ) and I'm looking to go for the single grill conversion BUT I want no bump strips, ie. The smooth one. Do I just need the reinforcement bars, bonnet grill and fogs or do I also need to replace the wings for this? and what year is it from?

Thanks!

Clearly not read any of this thread. Your car an 8P1 if you want do the single grille conversion 8P2 you will need a bonnet, grille, s-line front bumper(smooth bumper no strips), grille, s-line fog surround & fogs. You dont need to replace the reinforcement bar you only do that if your doing the S3 conversion. And you dont need to change the wings only change them if your doing the newer facelift 8P3 with led drl. Get some photos up when your done
    To save confusion get all your parts between 2006-2007

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    Clearly not read any of this thread. Your car an 8P1 if you want do the single grille conversion 8P2 you will need a bonnet, grille, s-line front bumper(smooth bumper no strips), grille, s-line fog surround & fogs. You dont need to replace the reinforcement bar you only do that if your doing the S3 conversion. And you dont need to change the wings only change them if your doing the newer facelift 8P3 with led drl. Get some photos up when your done
    To save confusion get all your parts between 2006-2007
    Ah thank you, I did make the effort to read all 6 pages but nothing covered my question in enough detail to make me take the leap if I'm honest. New to the Audi scene after previously being into vauxhalls. Rookie mistake on the 8P3 / 8P1 though I'll take that on the chin I suppose!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake. View Post
    Ah thank you, I did make the effort to read all 6 pages but nothing covered my question in enough detail to make me take the leap if I'm honest. New to the Audi scene after previously being into vauxhalls. Rookie mistake on the 8P3 / 8P1 though I'll take that on the chin I suppose!
    No worries fella. the 8P2 conversion is a great mod and really updates your car. Will be worth it. Get some photos up once your done If you go on the ebay link i posted a link to an ebay advert a guy had a full single frame conversion for sale for £100something. May be worth seeing if you can get the bonnet

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi looks fab. If you know anyone who is selling a bonnet and/or a facelift bumper with single grill please give us a shout. I have just fitted the s3 rear difuser to my Audi 3dr A3 b3.2 Quattro unfortunately it came without the towing cover cap any help on parts would be massively appreciated. Mick

Reverse Gear

Status
    What a great job mate I'm really impressed with your work and I'm planning to make exactly same as you did, just got one problem I don't have massive garage and tools to work so I was thinking is it any think that I would need to weld it or for example am I gonna need to drill anything in reinforcement bar or reinforcement bar fits exactly on 2004 body and then on top bumper?

Thank you.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vaidas View Post
    What a great job mate I'm really impressed with your work and I'm planning to make exactly same as you did, just got one problem I don't have massive garage and tools to work so I was thinking is it any think that I would need to weld it or for example am I gonna need to drill anything in reinforcement bar or reinforcement bar fits exactly on 2004 body and then on top bumper?

Thank you.
    ouu I should of post after I seen all posts lol, well faund all I needed that s line bumper will easily fit my a3 without any reinforment bar or what ever am I right?

Reverse Gear

Status

Help please!

Hi guys! Ive looked through the thread and this is the best ive seen on the internet however im still just a bit confused about the years and models! Can anybody help me!

100% want this converstion doing! is any body able to do it at a price?

about the years and models! so i have the split grill 53 plate! im not overly fussed weather i have the latest facelift or the 2006 - 2008 facelift i just want the single grill as the double grill looks dated!

i just need to know do you still need a bonnet if i wanted the 2005 - 2008 single grill a3s? or is it just a new bonnet for 2009+ facelifts?

just a bit confused just general options on what i can do with a double grilled a3 would be a gem thanks everybody

English...not so good

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Smith View Post
    Hi guys! Ive looked through the thread and this is the best ive seen on the internet however im still just a bit confused about the years and models! Can anybody help me!

100% want this converstion doing! is any body able to do it at a price?

about the years and models! so i have the split grill 53 plate! im not overly fussed weather i have the latest facelift or the 2006 - 2008 facelift i just want the single grill as the double grill looks dated!

i just need to know do you still need a bonnet if i wanted the 2005 - 2008 single grill a3s? or is it just a new bonnet for 2009+ facelifts?

just a bit confused just general options on what i can do with a double grilled a3 would be a gem thanks everybody
    Your car is a 8P1, Yes will need a new bonnet whether you pick a 8P2 or 8P3 conversion. You can do any conversion you like with a double grill, Standard, Sline, S3 or RS3

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all,
    I know this is an old thead but im new to this site and audis,i just got 2005 3dr split grill 3.2 quattro and im looking at updating it to a single grill s3 kit now from what ive read on this thead it sounds like i need the s3 bumper/grill,fog lights and surrounds,s3 bonnet and reinforcment bar,now ive already had the bumper off to change the rad and fans so my question is,is there anything i have to do with wiring or is it just plug and play and is the job easy enough to do and if anyone could please post the part numbers i would need to change my model to s3 kit

Thanks

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all,
    I know this is an old thead but im new to this site and audis,i just got 2005 3dr split grill 3.2 quattro and im looking at updating it to a single grill s3 kit now from what ive read on this thead it sounds like i need the s3 bumper/grill,fog lights and surrounds,s3 bonnet and reinforcment bar,now ive already had the bumper off to change the rad and fans so my question is,is there anything i have to do with wiring or is it just plug and play and is the job easy enough to do and if anyone could please post the part numbers i would need to change my model to s3 kit

Thanks

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Depends which year big grill you're referring to, but I assume 06-08 version, so only wiring consideration would be the fog lights as they use different connectors/pin ends.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    not sure what year it is but its not the one where you have to change the wings aswell,do you any idea of prices nowadays the previous prices on the thead are from years ago so am i expecting a little increase or alot ??

Cheers Ste

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Oh they've gone up allot tbh, so try finding used, whereabouts are you?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Arg!! just my luck,im in Stockport Gtr Manchester

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well allot of gear is up that way mate, so you maybe lucky.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Any good places you now of m8 let us know cheers for the help

2nd Gear

Status
    Where is the ABT front panel from mate?

Basically makes it look like an S Line front end, right?

1st Gear

Status
    Been wanting to change my double grill 8P1 bumper to the 8P2 s-line on for a while now but am struggling to find the parts, where else apart from ebay could I get them?

English...not so good

Status
    Classifieds and googling audi parts. But ebay is still your best best, you just have to be patient at times.

AUDI A3 S LINE FRONT BUMPER GRILLE "2005" | eBay

Neutral

Status
    Hi Guys,

Looking to do a similar mod. . Will the following parts be compatible?

The car is an 8p1 (double grill). Just removing the bonnet and bumper, leaving the 8p1 headlights on there. Will an 8p3 (2010) S3 bumper + grill and an 8p2 (2006) standard Bonnet all fit together like a glove?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    Hi Guys,

Looking to do a similar mod. . Will the following parts be compatible?

The car is an 8p1 (double grill). Just removing the bonnet and bumper, leaving the 8p1 headlights on there. Will an 8p3 (2010) S3 bumper + grill and an 8p2 (2006) standard Bonnet all fit together like a glove?
    No.
    8p3 bumper will not fit without changing the whole front end.
    2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-line (8p1)
    Mods: 18" Gloss Black RS4's - 8p2 S-line Front Bumper - Black Grill - A5 LED Number Plate lights - LED Sidelights - Euro Style Plates - EGR Delete - RTech Custom Remap - Hot Start Issue Fix
    Pipeline: Lowering, Wheel Refurb, Coming Home Lights

2007 VW Golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 (Wife's)
    Mods: 18" Charlestons

Neutral

Status
    so... will an s3 bumper taken from a 2007 s3 fit the 8p1 with the 8p1 headlights and the 8p2 bonnet? i'm assuming a 2007 s3 is referred to as 8p2?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    so... will an s3 bumper taken from a 2007 s3 fit the 8p1 with the 8p1 headlights and the 8p2 bonnet? i'm assuming a 2007 s3 is referred to as 8p2?
    Yeah it will, needs a little more work than an s-line bumper.
    Theres a few threads on here about it, with everything you need to know
    2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-line (8p1)
    Mods: 18" Gloss Black RS4's - 8p2 S-line Front Bumper - Black Grill - A5 LED Number Plate lights - LED Sidelights - Euro Style Plates - EGR Delete - RTech Custom Remap - Hot Start Issue Fix
    Pipeline: Lowering, Wheel Refurb, Coming Home Lights

2007 VW Golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 (Wife's)
    Mods: 18" Charlestons

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast