Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Hello all, I'm new and don't know anything about cars.

I'm not asking you to sell this, but if you we're to, how much would you be looking at?

I'm just trying to get an idea on price, because I've been looking at a3's an that s-line bumper looks amazing.

Great job mattandrew.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Geordie Racer

Status
    Apologies for digging up an old thread but I have a bit of a nooby question to ask to which I think I already know the answer but as it isnt explicitly stated anywhere I though I best be sure...

Is there any difference at all in fitment between an 8P2/2005-2008 S-Line 3dr / S-Line Sportback (5dr) bumper?

Cheers all!
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

Gievf Buckets

Status
    the front bumper no, mines a 5 door on a 3 door i think the rear is completly different though

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattandrew View Post
    RETAIL prices inc VAT from Audi are as follows

Sline/S3 fog each 57.35 (2)
    Fog plugs each 5.72 (2)
    Fog repair wires each about 5.00 (2)

Side impact reinforcement/carrier 56.28

S3 optics grill 234.30
    S3 silver grill 134.80

S3 bumper 230.96
    S3 fog surround each 20.54 (2)
    S3 fog back each 12.69 (2)

Sline optics grill 109.93
    Sline silver grill 77.90
    Sline number plate surround 40.24
    Sline bumper 231.99
    Sline fog surround each 20.54 (2)

Sline/S3 bonnet 178.63
    Sline badge 9.66

Number in brackets is how many are required

With the 2nd facelift now due out it will be interesting to see what parts are the same.
    Hey, whats makes the 100 difference? Thanks

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart90 View Post
    Hey, whats makes the 100 difference? Thanks
    The fact that Audi know the black optics grill will be more desirable and hence sting you on the price

Reverse Gear

Status
    Great thanks, so the optics, is the desirable, all black glose grill? for S3. (like yours, from what I can see)

And silver is same grill as ..

P.S This looks the S***!!

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    yup ,you got the drift!

Reverse Gear

Status
    One more question, is A3/S line single grill slightly bigger than S3 single grill, or straight swap? Thanks again!

Geordie Racer

Status
    Yep, the S-Line/A3 grille is slightly larger than the S3 grille so no, not a straight swap. You'd need the S3 bumper for the S3 grille.

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi will this bumper and grill fit a Audi A3 04plate pre facelift model????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

im new to this and its my first audi a3 aswell.. iv read alot of fourms and i am still a bit confused..

regards
    G
    Last edited by dholig; 28th April 2010 at 21:28.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    yesthat is it looks pretty damaged though

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    yup. new grill needed on that damaged bumper

You get get a lot better for the money

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks guys..., iv seen this one aswell.. what is this one like?.. will this one fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Gievf Buckets

Status
    what colour is your car?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Reverse Gear

Status
    is a quartz grey.. but i dont mind getting it spray painted.. just really want the sline look

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dholig View Post
    is a quartz grey.. but i dont mind getting it spray painted.. just really want the sline look
    I'm confused! If you want the S line look then why are you asking if those bumpers on ebay fit when they are both just the standard versions?
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Reverse Gear

Status
    are they? it says they are S line.... im new to the audi a3... just bought it, couldnt afford the new versions, it was too expensive...

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dholig View Post
    are they? it says they are S line.... im new to the audi a3... just bought it, couldnt afford the new versions, it was too expensive...
    No they are both standard bumpers, people just put " s line " in the header so it comes up in the search. Also between 2003 and 2006, S lines had the same bumpers as the standard cars! Only post 2006 did they differ which is the look I assume you are after? If you cant tell the difference between the 2 then why bother changing them at all!?

To help you out the S line ones dont have the trim line around the center of the bumper, the fog grilles are a lot bigger and there is more of a lip on the bottom edge. If you look at the pics in the first page of this thread you will be able to see the differences and know what to look for on Ebay.
    Last edited by Lee_R; 28th April 2010 at 22:54.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

A3 2.0 TDI SE

Status
    Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    ok i got a 2003 a3 and i purchased a single grill front bumper which is the conversion, my question is can i just buy a 2006 bonnet to suit and will it just fit straight on?

thanks

Geordie Racer

Status
    Yes mate - the 2006 bonnet froma single grille model will fit straight on to your 03 A3

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

crash test dummy

Status
    Really want to get this done , mattandrew are you up for it?
    cheers
    felix

Reverse Gear

Status

Question Preface lift to facelift on a3

Hi can any audi enhusiasts or body work proffessionals help?? I would love the facelift mod on my a3. Is there anyon out theelre who can perform this for me???

Gievf Buckets

Status
    just get a paintshop to do it

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    just get a paintshop to do it
    Erm yea, but im not sure what parts to buy etc. In this thread seen alot of peeps who seem to have garages and are doing the conversions themselves. So just wondering if there is anyone who could do the lot for me for a decent price. I think I have the split grill so just looking for advice on where to start. I.e. do I need to by a bumber and bonnet of a later model?? And will these parts fit??

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    You will need a new bumper, bonnet and grill if you want to do the front single grill conversion. Parts can be found on Ebay but not overly often or you can go to Audi for parts but obviously alot dearer!

I'm doing mine very soon but loads have already done it.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer a3 tdi View Post
    Erm yea, but im not sure what parts to buy etc. In this thread seen alot of peeps who seem to have garages and are doing the conversions themselves. So just wondering if there is anyone who could do the lot for me for a decent price. I think I have the split grill so just looking for advice on where to start. I.e. do I need to by a bumber and bonnet of a later model?? And will these parts fit??
    well its not a big deal to fit, end of the day you will need to get the parts sprayed thats what i meant, where are you situated?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Reverse Gear

Status
    im between london and Essex...why are you able to do it?? From the research I've done it seems to be a big deal ;-) New bumper, bonnet, new fogs etc....all a bit over my head. I have the A3 TDI preface lift model. 2005 Akoya silver

Gievf Buckets

Status
    too far im in scotland mate haha if you go sline you need new fogs, i went se single grill and standard fogs fit snugly and it still looks great imho

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Reverse Gear

Status
    Damn!!!! ;-0 Ok so I need to buy a bonnet, a bumper & fogs?? I want to go Sline so does that mean I need to buy for example 2006 Sline body parts?? If so, will these parts fit my 05 model?? Cheers for your responses though, it's slowly educating me in the field of conversion....

Gievf Buckets

Status
    the only sline part you need are the fogs bumper and grills, this being said you may use s3 fogs. further to this any single grill bonnet will fit with the sline bumper

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok so just to be absolutey sure. I have the 2L tdi, s line, a3, 2005 model. Preface lift so 2 split grills. I'm after the one grill look. So I need to get a 2006 s line bonnet and a 2006 sline bumper and grill??? And these items will fit properly onto my 05 model?? Does it have to be sline or can I get the bumper and bonnet for any later model than my own as long as it's from a one grill model??

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer a3 tdi View Post
    Ok so just to be absolutey sure. I have the 2L tdi, s line, a3, 2005 model. Preface lift so 2 split grills. I'm after the one grill look. So I need to get a 2006 s line bonnet and a 2006 sline bumper and grill??? And these items will fit properly onto my 05 model?? Does it have to be sline or can I get the bumper and bonnet for any later model than my own as long as it's from a one grill model??
    Be careful as the bonnet you have runs approx. to Apr 2007 and changed after this. The part no. for the bonnet you need is 8p4823029b

The bumper and grill is 2006/7 and some of 2008 and can be S Line or S3 but will also need the fog lights and surrounds for these bumpers as they are different to the ones you have at the moment.

If you a want the facelift look (2009), you will also need to change front wings and headlamps but is a lot tougher as a guy on here is doing it at present

Hope that helps.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Oh thanks that helps alot. Though Are u sure my bonnet runs till 07 cos I think my model is 2003-2005 rather than 2005 onwards?? Pls
    confirm. Also how many fAcelifts are there ?? I thought this was it, gets confusing. Also, how can I be sure which bumper to get?? Is it any 06/07??

Gievf Buckets

Status
    sarah is speaking of the latst 58- facelift with the led drl headlights, and she left the claim to fame for me that one is a lot more work like she said and id doubt that youd be keen on taking on that

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    sarah is speaking of the latst 58- facelift with the led drl headlights, and she left the claim to fame for me that one is a lot more work like she said and id doubt that youd be keen on taking on that

The bonnet I was referring to does run until Apr 2007 (which was the 3 dr). The SB (5Dr) came out straight away with the single grill, never a double. Hence why some bonnets run to 2007. I was quoted this by someone off here who works for Audi, unless hes wrong!!!

There was the twin grill (ours) then it changed to the single grill then the facelift in late 2008/2009. But there is some confusion (as I found out to my cost) as the 3dr does run longer with the twin grills.

As I said the correct bonnet for single grill is 8p4823029b

5th Gear

Status
    let me know if you want an S Line grill, I have one in the garage 25 posted as i want rid of the dam thing
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok thanks, wasn't denying ur knowledge, I'm just confused with the whole thing but I take ur word as I do have the 3 dr :-) do u happen to have the code number for the bumper I need??

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi View Post
    let me know if you want an S Line grill, I have one in the garage 25 posted as i want rid of the dam thing
    Not sure as I may source a chrome mesh grill but is it poss to send me a pic of the grill?? May just buy it??

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I can have a look for the part number off mine. I got the wrong one to start so sold it on. I've now got the 2 part rear bumper with an S3 diffuser, will have a look unless someone comes along sooner whos got ETKA

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sarah, did u have the same a3 as mine then preface lift?? I'd appreciate that. So if I get the bonnet u suugest and the bumper, is that all I need apart from a grill?? How much did you do urs for all in?? Bar the back as I ain't there yet lol

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast