S3 colours, my observations

ex996

Reaction score
My humble views of the most common colours....

White - The best colour. Currently fashionable, it shows off the S3 styling to good effect.

Red - Also good.

Black - Good for a steathy look but does nothing for the S3's lines.

Silver - A colour that has had its day, chosen by people not brave enough to go for white.

Grey - Bit dull, but can look classy.

Blue - Yes, a classic fast Audi colour, but one that is in need of updating. Looking old now.

Orange - One for the posers, but hats off to you for being so brave!

Mine's a white one, BTW!:thumbsup:

My humble views of the most common colours....

White - The best colour. Currently fashionable, it shows off the S3 styling to good effect.

Red - Also good.

Black - Good for a steathy look but does nothing for the S3's lines.

Silver - A colour that has had its day, chosen by people not brave enough to go for white.

Grey - Bit dull, but can look classy.

Blue - Yes, a classic fast Audi colour, but one that is in need of updating. Looking old now.

Orange - One for the posers, but hats off to you for being so brave!

Mine's a white one, BTW!:thumbsup:

Thats why it's the best colour!:detective2:

I think Phantom's the best colour:ninja: i can't think why though?:shutup2:

Lol

Enjoy mate!

p

Don't agree with your stereo types. White is the best colour too. Depends how the car is styled etc. Silver is the most classy colour

I dont really like the Sprint Blue on the S3.... think it suits the Sportback Special Editions that they did much better.

I like the white but I wouldn't order it. Probably go for red or black if I was buying one.

Grey - Classy, stealthy and yet also Sporty IMO. How good do Lambos and Ferarris etc look in Grey. Not to mention Astons - which I think is why I like the most on pretty much any car.. And defo the S3.

white makes such an impression and is the new 'IT' colour.

Really like Sprint but mate bought his in that colour so wasn't an option for me.

Previous car was black which is so sexy at night when gleaming.

Orange is great but it makes me feel like its trying to be an ST

lava grey does look really nice, shows off the chrome etc but still lets you see the lines of the car.

Never been a fan of silver on any car so thumbs down from me.

hahah White is the best! It says so right there!!

seriously though, the new whites are great, bit different to the matt whites of yester year and of course entirely unpopular before this recent spate of cars.

I think white and orange are the only colours that make the S3 stand out, the other colours are much more 'refined' and sleaker.

Red - Also good.

And rare too!!! (unlike sprint and ibis)
I lubs my car.

DSC_8965.png

White is awesome, especially with the black optics, but it will date quickly.

Sprint blue is a beautiful colour, not sure if it suits the S3 that well but I think it looks nice though.

I think if I was to buy another S3 I'd get a custom colour, not sure what though.

At a glance an S3 can be confused with a 3dr S-Line.....but not in Sprint Blue, the best colour of course.:meeting:

Sprint was available on a special edition sportback recently without the £1500 premium.

Black is best & fastest- end of !
White - I do like but I feel is going to become dated quickly, Dark cars have always been popular.
Not a fan os Silver cars - but the A6 / A8 do look good in them !

Richard

white, while it looks superb NOW, is a just a "of the moment colour", will be out of fashion as quick as it came in.

I think whites on say a mondeo or a renault will go out of fashion quickly. But with the s3 its almost a hommage back to the early 80's Audi's.. for me anyway.. I'd soo love to put some Audi ring decals on the side of mine but it would loook NAFF! :lmfao:

audi_quattro.jpg

Black or Red...

I wasn't brave enough for red as I am afraid of the sun making the red pink after a while... so black it was.... and it looks great!!!

Pedro

Once you go Black You never go back................ lol
As for the Sprint, I do love it but for those of you fortunate not to live in manchester its prob a safe colour...... here its like shouting IVE got an S3 please STEAL it !!

Mine is a red one!
Regarding the colour fading, Vauxhalls seem really bad for this.
I also have a 10 year old flash red GTI 1.8T and the colour is the same as the day it was "hatched"
A recent repair after my wife had an incident in a car park proved an excellent match.
Since the laquer coat has been used on top of the red base coat there seems to be less of an issue.
I keep it shiney with a polish up with Mer 2 x per year.

prt57

Once you go Black You never go back................ lol
As for the Sprint, I do love it but for those of you fortunate not to live in manchester its prob a safe colour...... here its like shouting IVE got an S3 please STEAL it !!

Hiya mate , where bouts in the republic of Mancunia are you from?

p

south manchester mate, its a good area and **** but more cars get nicked from round here, I was born n bred in hulme so im used to it but as you prob know u drive thru longsight or salfor and ur cars clean, heads soon start turning, sprint blue just stands out too much in my book, as it is ive been folllowed 3 times in the car and mines phantom

Sprint was available on a special edition sportback recently without the £1500 premium.

Its a different shape and has 2 extra doors, even Stevie Wonder wouldnt mistake a sportback for an S3 :laugh:.

Anyway, apart from the wacky orange and yellow colours I think the S3 looks good in ALL of the colours, I had Black, silver, grey and red all on my shortlist at some point.

Sprint won it for me in the end as its a bit more `shouty` than the other colours (apart from orange&yellow of course) and makes up for the slightly understated look of the S3. Perfect combo IMO.

Mind you I was soooo close to a Phantom black car so respect to the Phantom black boys!

Cheers!
Paul

Blue, white and red for me.

Mark

These are the 3 i narrowed it down to, ive got a red car now though and one of my other previous cars was red so i fancied a change even though it looks awesome. It was even harder when i had made my mind up and then i go into the showroom and they have a red one sitting there. The white looks great but im not sure i could live with it, i would hate to see the slightest of marks on it. Therefore it had to be Sprint Blue, plus its the only "nice" exclusive colour.

Rich

yeah, I was on blue black and white... but they had a white in the showroom and it was game over... it would be interesting to see what 3 choices people were looking at.

Sprint first, then white, then black - didnt have the brass balls to go for the first two then i saw the Phantom black with privacy glass and nearly shat myself!!! There was no question at that point. Still really fancy the white though - really eye catching!!!

White, red and black, but it was always going to be white I think. Hadn't seen one in the flesh so it was a bit risky... but it looks fantastic!

Grey, white, blue, black, red for me....I'm a bit bored of cleaning white now

Black's a bit of a bitch to keep clean too right enough - any dirt at all on it and it looks dull. Having said this when it's clean and sparkling it looks awesome!!

May not be as difficult to keep clean as a white one though lol

:keule:

Grey all the way:

1) Never in fashion but never badly out of fashion to the point of offensive
2) Disappears in a car park and doesn't draw the wrong kind of attention
3) Protects resale as its a safe bet

I absolutely love the white's / optic packs today, but ultimately they will end up in 5 years looking like bread vans with windows.

Black, love it too but I'm too lazy to clean it enough. Plus swirl marks and stone chips are very unkind to black.

Silver is nice but doesn't allow the S3 to show off its differentiators enough (silver mirrors etc).

Red, hmmmm. I like it, but I don't think I could own one.

Blue. Very nearly went sprint blue as there was a blue RS4 at stealers which was influencing me. However there was a Mk1 8L S3 in 'Nogaro(?)' blue and that put me off.

Yellow/orange....I'm too old and I'm not having a midlife crisis.

I'll be honest, living with grey your never going to draw any crowds, and it does look dull especially when dirty, but then I didn't buy an S3 because I'm a showy kind of guy.

Just seen a yellowy orangey one, looked really nice, not like an ST. I disagree that white is just fashionable, yes it is currently fashionable but the lines and styling of modern cars really suits the colour, it's why some cars look good in some colours and not others. It may go out of fashion but it won't date

(i've got a white one on order) (not an S3 unfortunately though)

Sorry, "yellowy orangey" is a bit of a wife thing to say, just to qualify it, it wasn't Solar Orange and look 'orangier' than Imola Yellow, maybe an exclusive colour?