STANDARD Vs BLUEFIN

20hp is quite a lot! But the other thing that I've wondered about is that the same engine in FWD and quattro has the same readings in Audi's book which then makes me think that readings ARE taken at the flywheel! I just dont see why they would say that it produces less HP. Surely its a bigger selling point? Or maybe its to try and keep insurance costs down for drivers?

Coss

Or maybe its to try and keep insurance costs down for drivers?
Coss

Bingo!

Marketing and politics!

I remember the old Pug GTI6 they used to do there 0-60 times with a full tank of fuel and four adults on board!:yahoo:

p

Bingo!

Marketing and politics!

I remember the old Pug GTI6 they used to do there 0-60 times with a full tank of fuel and four adults on board!:yahoo:

p

Blimey! Well in which case I'm going to go out and get myself a 100HP RS6!!! :w00t:

Righto Gents,

First thing is that i'd like to state that the following was done on a privately hired area, totally free from pedestrians, other vehicles, livestock, wildlife in general, milk floats, Pensioners and women drivers!

Also people involved wore safety equipment and had the car's mechanically checked before the fun began!

(Hopefully this should stop the armchair police from cherpping up!) :busted_cop:

I have been looking at getting my car remapped as most people on here do and was wondering what the difference was between a standard car and a car with a remap.

So here's the scene, my standard 2008 S3 (apart from panel filter) and my mates Bluefin'd 2007 S3. My car kickin out around 266BHP and his around 309BHP. Car's both running the same fuel type, same tyre pressures, same amount of passengers, well drivers as it was just us (although he is a little heavier than me :eyebrows:)

Basically we thrased our S3's around to see what the remap does for up to and around the English speed limits.....

The answer you ask..... :think:

Absolutley nothing! there was nothing to seperate the 2 motors, 1st & 2nd gear acceleration is virtually identical and at one point as we sprinted from a standing start from which i was directly behind him i started to reel him in in 3rd!

:wtf:

My car is still quite tight in the engine department too after only 1400 miles approx, my mates has done around 3k i think??

So what i'm trying to say is that all the reviews on here where people have said that their S3 now takes off and accelerates like a space rocket must have it all in their head as its the same speed of acceleration as before!

Would like peoples opinions on this as always but if i'd spent £500 on a remap and the standard S3 next to me stayed with me i'd be gutted!

Surely 40 odd BHP more makes a difference??

Let the opinions begin!

Well that doesnt surprise me at all!

Although i would love to see your car peform against mine (which is chipped by GIAC)
The reason i say this is because i originally had the bluefin map put on my car last year thinking it had made a difference, until i realised how little a difference it felt with the map taken off, which prompted me to try out the GIAC map just out of curiosity, and after 15 seconds in the car i realised i had wasted my money on bluefin, as the GIAC map totally blew it out of the water, the performance was fantastic.

I do not work for GIAC, just a very satisfied customer

Hey Spin - Is that where you were Friday am? Why'd you not use Statller?

Its a long story but the main reason for using bluefin this time was price, I was offered a superb deal by SC to regain my custom plus a couple of hours free dyno time to trial some new files which resulted in excellent total power outputs, the files were also manipulated so bespoke rather than generic to cater for my requirements as I had concerns about getting the power down in a FWD car. The boost etc was rolled back in the first couple of gears to make allowance for wheel spin etc.

For the S3 I would still have a preference for the GIAC software but for the standard 2.0T there was less information available on the main GIAC website and few reviews for comparison so with the generous offer made by Jamie the tech director at Superchips plus my desire for some actuated dyno results there was no other choice IMO in the case of the TT.

I plan to post the plots and a small review once I've lived with the map a few weeks as my minimal mileage doesn't lend itself to an accurate opinion before then but so far so good.

The figures claimed on the day were 260 bhp at 6,300 rpm up from 221bhp at 6,100rpm. The important thing for me was a 39 bhp gain not the peak figures, the car feels keen and eager from early on and is very grin inducing but mainly because a heavy foot is greeted by flashing traction lights and mild torque steer, I shouldn't like this but I love it, it's a hoot :)

On a dry road I wouldn't expect to be far behind the S3, on a damp road, well lets not go there....

I feel practically the same about Bluefin. Last tuesday, we installed bluefin on my friend´s S3.
The car feels a bit stronger, but not that much! We raced all night, swapped cars many times, and the difference was there, but not much! By 4th gear he was always 1 and a half cars in front. The main difference though, was at the shift points! The new software keeps the power going for one second after releasing the throttle, so the boost is still there! On each gear change, he would advance half a car, but then the difference remained the same.

Mind everyone, I am running 19 inch wheels and my friend´s car has the oem 18 inch ones.

That was the first night out, they say the map adapts a bit more but really I dont think it will be that radical. I will let you know how it goes!

Stock or GIAC'd ?

p

definetly Stock, the GIAC'd S3 would leave me no problem but i'd be looking good in his rear view :)

From reading back through this thread it seems to me GIAC is the best option for the S3 with the overall majority being very pleased with the outcome regardless of any headline figures quoted.

definetly Stock, the GIAC'd S3 would leave me no problem but i'd be looking good in his rear view :)

Too true my mate , with your HEAD stylist by your side , and Laura by the Scissor sisters pumping out of the Bose! :lmfao:

Sorry my mate the joke was ripe for the picking!:thumbsup:

p

Too true my mate , with your HEAD stylist by your side , and Laura by the Scissor sisters pumping out of the Bose! :lmfao:

Sorry my mate the joke was ripe for the picking!:thumbsup:

p

.....shaved head, leather peaked cap, perhaps a dog collar with those butch spikes....sounds good to me.

Whats wrong with the scissor sisters ?

LOL

.....shaved head, leather peaked cap, perhaps a dog collar with those butch spikes....sounds good to me.

Whats wrong with the scissor sisters ?

LOL

^^^^^^^^^^:angrymod:^^^^^^^^Your under arrest sugar!^^^^^^^^^^

Nowt....just not really my groove, if were talking POP music ( charts ) i can dig a bit of Gnarls Barkley and Amy Whinehouse!:thumbsup:

p

Righto Gents,

First thing is that i'd like to state that the following was done on a privately hired area, totally free from pedestrians, other vehicles, livestock, wildlife in general, milk floats, Pensioners and women drivers!

Also people involved wore safety equipment and had the car's mechanically checked before the fun began!

(Hopefully this should stop the armchair police from cherpping up!) :busted_cop:

I have been looking at getting my car remapped as most people on here do and was wondering what the difference was between a standard car and a car with a remap.

So here's the scene, my standard 2008 S3 (apart from panel filter) and my mates Bluefin'd 2007 S3. My car kickin out around 266BHP and his around 309BHP. Car's both running the same fuel type, same tyre pressures, same amount of passengers, well drivers as it was just us (although he is a little heavier than me :eyebrows:)

Basically we thrased our S3's around to see what the remap does for up to and around the English speed limits.....

The answer you ask..... :think:

Absolutley nothing! there was nothing to seperate the 2 motors, 1st & 2nd gear acceleration is virtually identical and at one point as we sprinted from a standing start from which i was directly behind him i started to reel him in in 3rd!

:wtf:

My car is still quite tight in the engine department too after only 1400 miles approx, my mates has done around 3k i think??

So what i'm trying to say is that all the reviews on here where people have said that their S3 now takes off and accelerates like a space rocket must have it all in their head as its the same speed of acceleration as before!

Would like peoples opinions on this as always but if i'd spent £500 on a remap and the standard S3 next to me stayed with me i'd be gutted!

Surely 40 odd BHP more makes a difference??

Let the opinions begin!

I've got the GIAC hammer map and Leon will testify there is a significant difference :)