Sport - S Line differences?

J7-AUDIA3

Reaction score
Hi

Just a quick one if I may. I'm looking at changing to the S-Line Front bumper and adding a black optic front grill too.

What are the other difference between my own (Sport) and the S Line?

Also considering Votex side skirts too.

Any help/opinions/pics etc welcome.

Thanks

Jay

S-Line is 10mm lower than Sport
S-Line has BBS style 18in alloys rather than the Sport's 17s.
S-Line has leather seats with embossed S-Line logo.
S-Line seats appear to be more bucketed than the Sport's ones.
S-Line logo on door sills.
S-Line badges on side rubbing strip and front grille.
S-Line has black headcloth and a\b\c pillar covers
S-Line has brushed aluminium inlays
S-Line has S-Line steering wheel.
S-Line has different rear bumper to Sport.

I'm sure I've missed out on some minor bits there too.

I have side-by-side pics of my old MY04 Sport and my curreny MY07 S-Line at home which I can post later if I have time.

The whole car just looks totally different to me. I think the S-line pack is worth every penny if you can run to it.

bbs wheels are an upgrade i think, 18" 5 star are standard S line wheels

if you download the brochure off the audi website it goes through the differences starting with standard so Sline will read "As Sport spec but with......."

when i bought my A3 SLINE in 2006 I had a choice of 3 sets of wheels....the 5 spoke RS6 ones, the BBS CH style ones, or for £200 extra the 18" 2 piece 20 spokers.

bbs wheels are an upgrade i think, 18" 5 star are standard S line wheels
Yeah the 5 star ones are standard in the UK, whereas the BBS CH style ones are standard on the S-Line in Ireland. I didn't like them which is why I upgraded to the 18in RS4s instead.

Interestingly enough, the brochure for the new A3 Cabrio shows that the 18in RS4s are standard issue on the S-Line variant. Wonder if that will apply to the entire A3 range with the facelift.

My Sport has Aluminium Trim. Given choice at purchase and it was a free choice. Its about £300 after market to change it after looking on VAG Parts.

post the comparison pics if you can marc.

Gotta love the s-line look.

Will be adopting said look all except the badges of course.

what with mine being an 03 tdi with light headlining and alcantara seat centres it wouldn't feel right.

Hi this is my S-LINE

DSC00409-1.jpg

DSC00407-1.jpg

DSC00381-1.jpg
AUDIA3002-1.jpg

Cheers for the input guys.

Found a guy on e-bay that reconditions bumpers + primes them. S-Line £150 inc. P&P which I thought was really good. That plus the Optic grill on my silver A3 should enhance the looks a little.

Jay

Cheers for the input guys.

Found a guy on e-bay that reconditions bumpers + primes them. S-Line £150 inc. P&P which I thought was really good. That plus the Optic grill on my silver A3 should enhance the looks a little.

Jay

i guess yours is the double grill???
this chap has done a good job POST 7
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=54511
me looking into that too have you got a link for that chap on ebay

They never have, someone has added that one afterwards.
When we picked it up at the time, We must of seen about seven or eight A3's and A4's with S-LINE badges inc the engine size. Must of run out of QUATTRO badges up here i guess. We didn't ask for it to be put on, It was just on. Like i said before all i done is taken off the 2.0 tdi badge.