Chris NottVolks Autos
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: New S3

  1. #1
    RAC 500W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    180

    New S3

    Hi,

    I have been having a good look through this forum for the last couple of weeks so i thought i had better introduce myself.

    I have recently ordered myself a nice new S3 in Sprint Blue with plenty of extras and i can't wait to take delivery already. Unfortunately i think its going to be a while yet.

    I currently drive a slightly modified Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Sporting so its going to be a bit of a change for me and i dare say a lot more expensive going from Diesel to Petrol. I have managed to get myself a reasonable insurance quote however considering i am only 21.

    My first question to you all is, seeing as i have spent over 30k with them, what sort of freebies can i expect to haggle for when i pick it up, .

    Rich

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,168
    Hey Rich, welcome.

    I pick up my sprint blue S3 tomorrow and the only freebie I have asked for is that they activate the car alarm beeps. I'm interested to see what people write here though!
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  4. #3
    RAC 500W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    180
    Interesting, what do you mean by activate the car alarm beeps? Am i missing something?

    I may be on my own in thinking i should be able to get a few freebies but in my eyes its a lot of money. I at least want a keyring, lol.

    Thanks.

    Rich

  5. #4
    lil_coz's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,636
    Welcome Rich.

    Well if you havent already, I'd push for a full tank of fuel. Some dealerships only give you half a tank. You should get a keyring tho! But not on the spare keys so try and get one for that too! Maybe a mug too? lol Donno what they have on offer! I remember reading a thread about someone asking for a brolly...

    My dads considering buying a new A4 and when he goes in and orders it I'll make sure I'm going to be asking if they can give us a deal for the Audi Experience day. Been reading threads about it and its really got my interest!

    Coss.
    Coss

    S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap


  6. #5
    RAC 500W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_coz View Post
    Welcome Rich.

    Well if you havent already, I'd push for a full tank of fuel. Some dealerships only give you half a tank. You should get a keyring tho! But not on the spare keys so try and get one for that too! Maybe a mug too? lol Donno what they have on offer! I remember reading a thread about someone asking for a brolly...

    My dads considering buying a new A4 and when he goes in and orders it I'll make sure I'm going to be asking if they can give us a deal for the Audi Experience day. Been reading threads about it and its really got my interest!

    Coss.
    I was thinking about that but wasnt sure what they delivered it with, should have guessed it wouldnt be a full tank. Lol, thats what i mean, i dont know how much i should realistically push for, dont want to take the p*ss. I might grab an accessories catalogue and see what takes my fancy, lol.

    The experience day sounds good, i have got one in hand that was bought for me, just havent had the chance to use it.

    Rich

  7. #6
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,168
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    Interesting, what do you mean by activate the car alarm beeps? Am i missing something?
    Audis can have a beep when you lock or unlock the car but from the factory this setting is disabled.

    I like the idea of an audi mug!
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  8. #7
    RAC 500W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post
    Audis can have a beep when you lock or unlock the car but from the factory this setting is disabled.

    I like the idea of an audi mug!
    Oh right, im glad you mentioned that as its definately something i would want enabling.

    Indeed, mug does sound good, im compiling a list as we speak, lol.

    Rich

  9. #8
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,168
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    Oh right, im glad you mentioned that as its definately something i would want enabling.

    Indeed, mug does sound good, im compiling a list as we speak, lol.

    Rich
    What else is on it???

    This may help:

    http://www.quattroquarterly.co.uk/merchandise.htm
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  10. #9
    RAC 500W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post
    What else is on it???

    This may help:

    http://www.quattroquarterly.co.uk/merchandise.htm
    Oh no, the list will be endless now, lol.

    Up until a second ago i was thinking keyring(s), mug, fuel.

    Thanks for the link though, very helpful.

    Rich

  11. #10
    markwiggy's Avatar
    Third Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    My first question to you all is, seeing as i have spent over 30k with them, what sort of freebies can i expect to haggle for when i pick it up, .
    Well Rich, I got a nice can of de-icer and a scraper with mine.

    Bet you just can't wait !!

    Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

  12. #11
    RAC 500W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    Well Rich, I got a nice can of de-icer and a scraper with mine.

    Bet you just can't wait !!

    Mark
    Interesting, im hoping that will be of no use to me seeing as im getting the car in time for "summer".

    Yeah your right, i cant, im getting impatient already and i only ordered it a few weeks ago.

    Rich

  13. #12
    markwiggy's Avatar
    Third Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    Yeah your right, i cant, im getting impatient already and i only ordered it a few weeks ago.

    You missed my sarcasm, I mean't the wait for the de-icer.

    Anyway the car will be worth the wait, honest, I am sure you will spend many sleepless nights thinking about it.

    Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

  14. #13
    RAC 500W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    You missed my sarcasm, I mean't the wait for the de-icer.

    Anyway the car will be worth the wait, honest, I am sure you will spend many sleepless nights thinking about it.

    Mark
    Yeah, slipped the net, too late in the day.

    Rich

  15. #14
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post

    My first question to you all is, seeing as i have spent over 30k with them, what sort of freebies can i expect to haggle for when i pick it up, .

    Rich
    Hiya mate and welcome to the club.

    TBH mate you should of SORTED your freebies out before you handed over your money

    Audi are very tight on the give a way front.

    Did you get any discount?

    I bought used , but pushed and got

    1000 off screen price
    Free GAP insurance
    Free first service
    Full tank of 98RON fuel ( i told the salesman i don't want 95 RON putting in )
    12 month tax
    Supergaurd

    Push for the lot mate!

    p

  16. #15
    RAC 500W

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Hiya mate and welcome to the club.

    TBH mate you should of SORTED your freebies out before you handed over your money

    Audi are very tight on the give a way front.

    Did you get any discount?

    I bought used , but pushed and got

    1000 off screen price
    Free GAP insurance
    Free first service
    Full tank of 98RON fuel ( i told the salesman i don't want 95 RON putting in )
    12 month tax
    Supergaurd

    Push for the lot mate!

    p
    Thanks.

    Yea i no, but they wont want another brand new S3 sitting around.

    I managed to negotiate a reasonable discount i think. IIRC the total price was just over 31k excluding Supaguard and GAP, both of which i opted for and the final price was 28.5k.

    At the moment im doing one of the business managers a favour with his phone so he better help me out, lol.

    Rich

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO