Flasher relay????

Stepho

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me out. I am trying to locate the relay for the flasher unit on a 52 plate A3 1.6. Indicators are not working so hopefully changing the relay should solve this problem. I can't seem to find the relay box location. Thanks in advance.:)

New cars don't have flasher relays in the normal sense. The indicators are controlled by a circuit, not sure exactly where, and the clicking noise it made by a relay. The relay is literally there only to make the noise.

If you want proof of this try driving without a seatbelt on. Whilst the seat belt warning chimes are on, turn on the indicators, you'll notice that you can't hear the clicking but the indicators still operate.

Also you've got an 8L A3 so this may not be the case. If so you should be able to find it from the manual easy enough.

New cars don't have flasher relays in the normal sense. The indicators are controlled by a circuit, not sure exactly where, and the clicking noise it made by a relay. The relay is literally there only to make the noise.

If you want proof of this try driving without a seatbelt on. Whilst the seat belt warning chimes are on, turn on the indicators, you'll notice that you can't hear the clicking but the indicators still operate.

Also you've got an 8L A3 so this may not be the case. If so you should be able to find it from the manual easy enough.

Thanks Staz1000, I'll post in the correct section first, that might help. Also it's not my A3 it's my father-in-laws I'm just trying to help him out.