URGENT HELP

Spin140

Reaction score
just sold my BBS calitos off the S3 on e-bay and have to meet up with the Guy buying them this afternoon.

He has bought them for his Golf Mark 4 but I'm concerned they will be the incorrect offset for his car, although I appreciate the sale I don't want to take the Guys money and run, perhaps I'm too honest but if anyone can shed some light before I set off it would be much appreciated ?

Did you put the offset of the wheels on the auction? If so then you shouldn't be the one to be concerned. It's up to him to check they're the right size.

I used to have a link to a page where all offsets were listed for UK cars. Can't find it right now but I'll add it if I do.

Yes put the offset of 48 on but he seemed to think all will be ok as the tyre size is the same, I hear what you are saying about his responsibility but would still feel guilty.

Any info much appreciated even if it means advising him he may need spacers etc..

I'm not being heartless but the fact of the matter is that an Ebay sale is an auction i.e. sold as seen, ask all questions before bidding. You can't expect to go bidding on incorrect items then blaming the seller.
I'd sell him the wheels and not think twice.

I'm not being heartless but the fact of the matter is that an Ebay sale is an auction i.e. sold as seen, ask all questions before bidding. You can't expect to go bidding on incorrect items then blaming the seller.
I'd sell him the wheels and not think twice.

Exactly.

I thought the PCD on the Mk4 golf was different or is that just between the Mk4 and 5 ?

You didn't hide anything and gave all the information... It is responsability of buyer to ensure one buys what one is looking for...

So sell them, get the money and leave. He can even buy the wheels to place on the wall or livving room it is not your business or worry. If he bought the wrong item it wasn't because you trick him... He can always sell them on e-bay and even make a profit...

Pedro

What goes around comes around - don't sell them if you know they won't fit. Think about how gutted you'd feel if you brought some wheels, got all excited and then found they don't fit. Also think about how you'd feel if the seller was honest and let you know beforehand.... He might not be a petrol head like some of us on here and didn't think to check fully, since the A3 and Golf are very similar..

Sorry Guys I went down the honest approach and came clean. I put him in touch with DPM so he may opt to buy PCD adapters and Spacers if required otherwise I'll have to re-list. I'm comfortable with it even if my bank account won't be as he seems like a nice Guy but with limited knowledge.

Thanks for the replies

Well done that man. :hi:

If only a few more like you existed :thumbsup:

Sorry Guys I went down the honest approach and came clean. I put him in touch with DPM so he may opt to buy PCD adapters and Spacers if required otherwise I'll have to re-list. I'm comfortable with it even if my bank account won't be as he seems like a nice Guy but with limited knowledge.

Thanks for the replies

Well you did the right thing, hopefully if he decides not to go-ahead he will refund you the listing fees.

Paul

I am 100% positive that the MKIV is 5x100 and 35mm offset. Hope this helps.

For what its worth i think you did the right thing too many people getting ripped off well done:applaus: Hope i am not being cheeky how much did you want for the wheels got pics, many thanks

£825 was the winning bid, drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you some pics.

Spin

Thanks for the fast reply, bit too much for me was thinking of changing my 18" rs6,s because they need a refurb, and i love them bbs,s but thanks again:friends:

Well done mate! :thumbsup:
Being onest and fair is a big value nowadays