Fuel Price

B

Boydie

What is the highest you have seen?

Saw deisel for sale yesterday for 120.9p :wtf:

That is staggering and that was in Belfast - I would have been under the impression that nearer to the supply, it would be cheaper!

Not that it makes any difference but the area I saw it in isn't the nicest which made me wonder why they are the most expensive :(

The highest I've seen diesel is £1.17. I paid £1.09 yesterday for super unleaded.

HEH!

Cambridge Shell is £1.22 a litre

****** :(

124.9 for Shell diesel V power here in Peterborugh, local BP want 119.9 for standard stuff

Saw £1.26 a litre for 95 RON at a station in West London a few days ago.

The sad thing is folks....................
We're still gonna pay it - no matter how much:sadlike: :mad:

woah, Sheffield prices seem ok then... ;)

Vmax 98 was 109p and diesel 112p

The sad thing is folks....................
We're still gonna pay it - no matter how much:sadlike: :mad:

That's a strange statement if I'm honest. I'm sure nearly everyone has a limit as to how much they'll pay for their performance cars. The percentage of the country who have more economical cars will just go up and up, just like it has been for years now. And obviously the increase in cars on the market designed mainly for their fuel efficiency means the demand in that sector is on the rise.

I'm sure at the extremes there will be a lot of people who'll just stop driving and take public transport. Especially those who've reached free bus pass age! Eventually the numbers of cars on the road will decrease, which is exactly what the government want.

That's a strange statement if I'm honest. I'm sure nearly everyone has a limit as to how much they'll pay for their performance cars. The percentage of the country who have more economical cars will just go up and up, just like it has been for years now. And obviously the increase in cars on the market designed mainly for their fuel efficiency means the demand in that sector is on the rise.

I'm sure at the extremes there will be a lot of people who'll just stop driving and take public transport. Especially those who've reached free bus pass age! Eventually the numbers of cars on the road will decrease, which is exactly what the government want.

The interesting thing is though we reached that point a few years ago when it was tipping £1.00 per litre. Everyone decided it was ridiculus (which it was) and started protesting. It had a slight effect and the prices were dropped. This time however they have crept up slowly and knowone really seems to have batted an eyelid. I mean everyone complains but there has been no action this time round.

If you look at the trends it is set to hit 150p/per litre by this time next year, if not sooner. How scary is that?

In the short time i have owned my car the price of a full tank of fuel has gone up by nearly £13, its madness, :mad:.

Rich

It is madness you're right. And the thing is although the cost of oil has risen dramatically over the last few months, most of it is because of the decrease in the strength of the dollar. The cost to a UK buyer has hardly changed at all.

It is madness you're right. And the thing is although the cost of oil has risen dramatically over the last few months, most of it is because of the decrease in the strength of the dollar. The cost to a UK buyer has hardly changed at all.

Exactly, plus there is the obvious fact as to why it is so high, roughly £8 in £10 is tax.

Rich

Yep. Did anyone see the fuel price map in loaded, I think it was loaded anyway. UK fuel 2nd only to Norway in the whole world!

I didnt see it but i can believe it. Im surprised anyone is more expensive if anything to be honest. The amount of tax we pay in order to get and keep a car on the road in the UK is stupid imo.

Rich

It is anticipated that we will be paying 150p for a litre of deisel by xmas :(

It is anticipated that we will be paying 150p for a litre of deisel by xmas :(

It wouldnt surprise me, as i said previously, this time next year if not sooner.

Its ridiculus, there has to be a point where it will stop, even if prices dont go back down.

Rich

there has to be some sort of up rising ahead of us - complete melt down!

something will happen which will completely infuriate this provence and there will be mayhem!

we are being taxed to the eye balls and for what? what do we get out of it? complete joke in my opinion!

fuel prices are sky high......new road taxes are an utter joke! I have been wanting a Golf GTi for a while now and with the new taxes coming in it is looking like I will have to rethink it :(

House prices/ rates .........don't start me lol

don't start me lol

Lol, your right in what you say though. The trouble is there are plenty of people that are willing to lie back and take it.

I do hope it stops soon though because at this rate by the time i take delivery of my S3 i wont be able to afford the fuel, lol.

Rich

heard something today as well alon the lines of.... the lowest paid bracket of people in society lost their 10p tax or something like that - basically...they are ******

Don't fully understand what I heard - anyone care to enlighten me?

heard something today as well alon the lines of.... the lowest paid bracket of people in society lost their 10p tax or something like that - basically...they are ******

Don't fully understand what I heard - anyone care to enlighten me?

Anyone who earns less than £18500 will now have to pay 20% income tax instead of 10%

I dont think it's as high as £18,500 is it? It was people on a really low wage in the 10% bracket who now dont have that, under 10k perhaps

As with everything tax related it's not too clear, although i personally think too much is being made of it, people could end up losing about £200 a year through extra tax, i doubt may will notice an extra £16.66 odds off their wage a month.

Back to the price of fuel tho, i don't pay for mine but the prices are becoming beyond ridiculous - people's wages are not growing anything like as quickly as the whole economy and cost of goods/services have in recent times.

Now that credit is going to be harder to get, prices will fall ,places will close and things will level out over time.

For now tho, the ******** could at least cut some of the tax that they dont use to resurface our roads or lower our road tax. Bet we'll have lots of nice shiney new military equipment soon tho - wonder what pays for that

Just to get back to petrol prices. When i first started working in October 2006 a litre of petrol was 82.9p. Now from the exact same garage its 105.9p

I was a petrol station in chester the other day was 112.9p Its utter madness

If this was in France/USA/Germany/Italy there would have been protests on the street and the government would have done something about it. Instead of helping us get to work by reducing petrol prices they make its harder and more expensive, maybe instead of giving banks £50bn in emergency aid they should give some back to people whos mioney it was to start with

Why is it that we pay so much tax on petrol compared to everyone else in the world. Talk about rip-off Britain, companies think of the Uk as Treasure Island. Its getting to the point where i am not going to be able to afford to drive to work, it already costs me £150 a month, i cant afford £200 a month

Its getting to the point where i am not going to be able to afford to drive to work, it already costs me £150 a month, i cant afford £200 a month

Get a more economical car then.
Sorry to be so blunt, but that's your choice, given that petrol/diesel prices are hardly likely to fall.

Get a more economical car then.
Sorry to be so blunt, but that's your choice, given that petrol/diesel prices are hardly likely to fall.

thats exactly the attitude said government wants us to take. They arent really giving any other decent alternatives tho.... so you either buy a less 'polluting' car, use a more polluting bus or leave the island?! :think:

I was looking on the web yesterday at the SRT-10 and its co2 is 480 or sunmat crazy like that... Overall I dont think there are that many earth killing cars on our road. The people that buy the cayenne turbo s and the AMG55 SLK's dont really care about £1000 road tax when they just spent £90K or whatever. If anything they may even like it as it would make their cars even more expensive to run and show off their cash even better?!? ;)

Well we had the bill through today for the Heating Oil that was delivered before we went away on Holiday.

We paid 58ppl to fill the tank, having looked back when we filled the tank last September we only paid 39ppl.

So it is effecting all oil products.

Mind at 58ppl I did wonder for a fleeting moment if the A3 would run on it.

Paul

on another note - what do you get paid per mile?

With the increase in fuel prices would you not expect your companies to hike up the price per mile?

Last year when i was working on placement i was paid 43ppmile which was good but hardly worth it now with the impending price rise!

My dad is away to a meeting in london next week and this is one point he is going to raise with the company.

thats exactly the attitude said government wants us to take. They arent really giving any other decent alternatives tho.... so you either buy a less 'polluting' car, use a more polluting bus or leave the island?! :think:

I don't think it is the attitude they want us to adopt.
Look at it this way.
The less polluting cars (under 120g/km) are usually small and, therefore, cheaper to buy.
So government makes less VAT on the sale.
Servicing is cheaper, so they make less VAT on that.
Spares are cheaper, so less VAT again.
Roadtax is cheap, so less revenue again.
They use less fuel, so less again.
All in all, they'd be screwed if we all switched to more economical cars.
So, as it is, buying a cheap to run car is your only real way of fighting back.

on another note - what do you get paid per mile?

With the increase in fuel prices would you not expect your companies to hike up the price per mile?

Last year when i was working on placement i was paid 43ppmile which was good but hardly worth it now with the impending price rise!

My dad is away to a meeting in london next week and this is one point he is going to raise with the company.

Well I get the max you can claim tax free at 40ppm, any more than this and I'd have to declare it on my Tax return each year and pay tax on it.

Hmm time for an email to the Accountant I think.

Paul

All in all, they'd be screwed if we all switched to more economical cars.

I don't think they would be screwed as they have an amount of money they need to raise each year through various taxes and if they didn't make it from motorists they would introduce taxes or increase them on something else to compensate.

Most I've paid so far is £1.17 a litre. Seems to have gone up everytime I go to fill it up. Wasn't long ago I was annoyed about having to pay 90 odd pence a litre!

We cant win. If we dare to want to drive nice cars we get screwed over and if we all bought little economical tin cans they would put some kind of tax on them to compensate.

I only get 20ppm... although there is a form to make up some part of the difference my employer is stiffing me on.

You should get 40p per mile tax free business miles for 10,000 miles then 25p for the rest.

Different employers do it different ways tho, i.e some employers pay you to travel to the workplace, but at something like 12.5p flat rate for all your miles - technically you should only get business to business miles.

Now that the strike at grangemouth is happening everybody and their dog is filling up, even those that usually use a tank of petrol every 2 months - which will be a right annoyance should there be a real shortage, i genuinely need a tank a week - which would be fine if people kept their heads and didn't listen to media scaremongering.

yeah, we have pool cars, and they are wanting us to use them... which Im happy to do so... batter the A4's instead of my S3.