Its what sundays are for.....

L

L60N

Random post haha!

The weather is perfect......

Dry and a little overcast.....

Anybody else planning on spending a few hours with the 2 buckets and sponge?? :laugh:

Yup!!

I am... its not dry here, it rained about 0600hrs... but its overcast and free from wet at the moment! :)

Will get washed and dropped back in the garage... then no doubt the missis' will get a once over! :laugh:

Still raining, but I may still pop out with a bucket.

Lovely here on the north coast of ireland - perfect weather for the car show today in Portrush

Charity event organised by the local car enthusiast site - usually very very big and council approved in conjunction with the local police - whole car park to ourselves!

It's overcast here at the moment (1pm), Mine is now nice and clean. Now mine shows the wifes car up and its looks like i might have to go and give that a clean. Its just never ending.
:shrug:

Nope, no wash today, instead, got up at 7am drove an hour to derbyshire to see matt. And the S3 bumper is now on! Post to follow...

Derbyshire... you shoulda said, Id have popped down! ;)

Given me summat to do.. although Id have missed the footie ;)

Anyway, car still in the garage... dirty.

Derbyshire... you shoulda said, Id have popped down! ;)

Given me summat to do.. although Id have missed the footie ;)

Anyway, car still in the garage... dirty.

Sorry kontra! He lives near buxton? How fars that from you? Anyway our posts will follow! I must have the only 'Akoya Silver' S3 front end in the country, they don't make S3s in akoya do they? :jump:

its about 20 miles away, but as it happens the missis was out so I took the kids for a drive out to bakewell and the peaks... so was 'in the area'! ;)

Sorry kontra! He lives near buxton? How fars that from you? Anyway our posts will follow! I must have the only 'Akoya Silver' S3 front end in the country, they don't make S3s in akoya do they? :jump:

You can have it in any colour if your pays yer money :)

I saw a purple one in pickering :readit:

its about 20 miles away, but as it happens the missis was out so I took the kids for a drive out to bakewell and the peaks... so was 'in the area'! ;)

You should of called in and given us a hand.

Fitted Nathan's front S3 front end then his Sline front went on mine along with a black optics and new bonnet.

Matt

Need to wash mine soon at some point. We're having work done on our house which means our Sportback has had to live out in the road for the past few weeks - under some trees. I've literally been running outside each night in the dark to get the bird crap off, but already it's etched the paint in places, some of it quite badly!

I've spent over £100 on car cleaning products lately.
From buckets to microfibre cloths to polishes potions and preparations.
Oh, some nice plastic shelving from B+Q too, but the wife wasn't there when I bought that.
It just 'appeared' in the garage, as if by magic.
She moans about it, until she sees her little black Clio looking as clean as the day she collected it, two years ago.

It's expensive in the offset, but I've found good quality products last ages.
I wouldn't say I'm into detailing though, I've yet to get sucked into this 'clay' nonsense.
Mind you, it's probably inevitable.
I never thought I'd get excited about a tub of poorboy's wheel sealant, but I was like a kid at christmas when the postman came last week.
I swear, I was still doing my wheels in the dark.
It just sort of crept up on me!

"come in and spend some time with us"
"yeah, yeah, just one more coat..."

I hate this place and detailingworld. Its really ****** me off. I work on a new estate and the mobile valeters are canvassing for business so theres a choice of about 4 at the moment. I have watched them washing others cars and thought 'theres no way that is the right way for them to be doing that!' Its ruined my lazyness!

I dunno... I for some reason feel you may look after my car better than the guys Ive seen wacking towels on the cars around here after they've hit the floor... Could be mistaken tho! ;)

I wouldn't say I'm into detailing though, I've yet to get sucked into this 'clay' nonsense.
Mind you, it's probably inevitable.

Seriously, clay the THE most amazing thing ive used. You clean your car, and you think its sparkling right? WRONG

Rub some clay over it, and you wont believe the amount of dirt you fetch off. You can actually feel the bodywork get smoother as you do it

Looking forward to the pics Nat :yes:

I've spent some money on decent cleaning stuff and learnt how to wash the car properly thanks to this forum and I'm amazed how different the car looks when it's cleaned.

I'm yet to do a clay on the car, but certainly plan to as well as treat it to a nice treatment with the JEFFS Werkstatt kit from PB.

They'll be worth it! Coilovers and ARBs are on order and should be in next weds :happy: Yeh I've learned how to clean properly via loads of guides and DW. Its all about using the correct techniques and products! Got loads of cars to detail soon, by the summer I should have my van and website, so I'm good at it, I can start detailing all the lovely A3s on this forum!! :eyebrows:

Whats all this Sunday is for washing
Car was washed Sunday
Wheels off on monday to paint rust on hubs and to clean
Clayed on Tuesday
Polished on Weds
Dusted off today and was going to take some pictures untill the rain came :scared2:
Shut the garage door and made a cup of tea (I do work in between so not all day working on the car)

I washed and clayed my car on saturday.

Then it started spitting as i applied wax to the first panel :mad: I was really ****** because i'd been desparate for a good day to try this Collinite 476 double coat wax that was highly recommended to me.

I gave it a dust off on monday then applied the wax to each panel and working it off before moving onto the next panel and Wow, talk about a glass finish :wub:

Even after 4 days of rain and **** the paint still looks mint!!

And the the way the rain runs off the bonnet is :wub::wub::wub::wub:
Just need to try the exhaust cleaner stuff that was recommended, the tube stuff from ebay. autosoll.

:D

yeah well let me know... so I can get some too... I like the sounds of the water running off... and the dirt not sticking so much!! I work on a new estate and they are still building around it! :no:

I used:

1: megs quick clay spray detailer + claybar --> http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-clay/meguiars-quik-clay-kit/prod_226.html
2:dryed with a microfibre cloth --> http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_233239_langId_-1_categoryId_123042
3: Applied Collinite 476 with a damp microfibre cloth --> http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/wax/collinite-no-476s/p_207.html
4: Buffed off with a Terry cloth --> http://www.fasteronline.co.uk/produ...urce=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=base

Then hey presto, lovely wet look shiney assed finish :D

A good detailing session makes all the difference.

Spent 2 weeks getting my car ready for Ultimate Dubs show back in March. Jet washed and degreased under the bonnet, arches and as much of the underside as possible, then detarred the lower half of the car and used a multitude of Meguiars products and a couple of Poorboys items to get the paintwork and wheels up to standard.

Then after the 300 mile drive down to Telford, gave it a good wash then a quick polish with Megs NXT and quick detailing spray and a going over with a microfibre mit to give me the result below.

gora1.jpg

Then 3 weeks later just a quick wash a quick 2 hour session with NXT and quick detailer again and the car came up looking great again. So much so that my car won a trophy at a local Scottish show for Best Booted in the show and shine.

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

Now after after a quick wash the car still looks great with the dirt just falling off, and the beading is fantastic.

Sorry its not Audi content, but at the moment contemplating getting an A3.