Its what sundays are for.....

I used:

1: megs quick clay spray detailer + claybar --> http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-clay/meguiars-quik-clay-kit/prod_226.html
2:dryed with a microfibre cloth --> http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_233239_langId_-1_categoryId_123042
3: Applied Collinite 476 with a damp microfibre cloth --> http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/wax/collinite-no-476s/p_207.html
4: Buffed off with a Terry cloth --> http://www.fasteronline.co.uk/produ...urce=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=base

Then hey presto, lovely wet look shiney assed finish :D

Out of sheer interest, why no polish between the clay and the collinite?
I would have been tempted to do some Meguires crystal polish in between, but maybe that's OTT???

Have you tried Collinite Marque D'elegance?
We (my mate and I) both rate it even higher than the 476.
Just do it a panel at a time, because it's a busturd to get off if you leave it on for any time.

U guys using polishing machines? Makita? UDM? PC? G220??

Yeah, I used a machine buffer in my 2 week prep for Ultimate Dubs, that did work the polish in well leaving a nice deep shine.

Some of the paint on my car was quite fresh so didn't use a PC as this tends to be more heavy duty for removing swirl marks and light scratches.

Yeah, car may look good from a distance, but once you get close up and see any swirls it spoils it. Like you say once the swirls are gone, just polish up and down the car rather than Karate Kid style wax on wax off and it'll keep it looking great.

So when we getting to see some pics of your new S3 front end N8KOW all nicely detailed.

I'm gonna wash it tomorrow (standard wash) and take some pics, but it'll be getting detailed properly end of may once I've got back from my hols, because the 19"s, Coilovers and ARBs will be on there by then. The car will then be complete (bar 1 or 2 little things)!!! :jump:

Nice one, really looking forward to the pics to see the new S3 front end on it:jump: Think if I go for the A3, that the S3 front would be one of my first mods, along with a FBMFSW :yes:

It looks much better!! If you look at this post here thats where I got the inspiration from! I wouldn't have known it was possible if it wasn't for milldu but he isn't on here anymore and has since sold the car!

Yeah seen his old car before. Loved it, looked so good.

Seems to involve changing bonnet as well though, so not quite as straight forward as I first thought. But never mind I swapped the entire front end of a Golf and stuck it on my Bora so should be able to do the S3 front :laugh:

There's a nice little teaser pictures as Nath's avatar as well - ohhh the suspense!!

It's a well worth mod doing. So glad I've done it. Like I said, I've got loads of pics already but the car is filthy and won't look as good. Once its gleaming clean, then I'll write a lovely post. I'm gagging for the new S3 SB rear lights, I really am!!! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

There's a nice little teaser pictures as Nath's avatar as well - ohhh the suspense!!

I know mate, it looks so good. Nice and mean and moody:rockwoot:
It's a well worth mod doing. So glad I've done it. Like I said, I've got loads of pics already but the car is filthy and won't look as good. Once its gleaming clean, then I'll write a lovely post. I'm gagging for the new S3 SB rear lights, I really am!!! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

Dirty pics are cool with me too :)

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Not very sunny day, but fairly clean.

Dipstic,

I really like your hybrid grille. If I were to do it, I might even leave the vertical slats black too, leaving only the rings and outer frame in chrome.

Out of sheer interest, why no polish between the clay and the collinite?

I didnt use any polish because the paint is in very new condition. I would leave it for 6months before thinking of using a polish. Besides, the paint is in pretty mint condition being new, no scratches swirls or anything so polishing it would be a waste of my elbow grease (of which there is little).

I read what you said about claying, and im wishing i took some pics of what came off my supposeldy white car after 1 month of ownership, basically, a lot of tar. The white clay bar looked like it had liqorice engraved in it after a going over.

The feel of paint after claying is like silk, not sandpaper, and thats what its for so buy some, now!!! :thumbsup:

P.S. I only waxed it because im a lazy *** fatboy who wants to wash and dry a car, then walk away :lazy:

3 times a year then its good to go..

Dipstic,

I really like your hybrid grille. If I were to do it, I might even leave the vertical slats black too, leaving only the rings and outer frame in chrome.

Thought about that myself be interesting to see the end result.