Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Born to Fish

Status

Munich Airport Audi Forum

Just got back from a 6 day trip to Munich. Arrived at Munich airport way before my flight time so checked in my bag and rather than go air side had a wander about.
    Went into the Audi forum at the airport and was greeted with a 2.0T white A3 cab that looked far better than any pictures i have seen. Then moved on to a blue RS6 (whoosh) then a W12 A8 (drool) then the star a silver grey R8 (i need one) the guys can speak english and i spent a good 2 hours there. keys were handed over and bonnets were up, switches played with, A3 roof is quick. Came away after coffees and dreaming especially whilst sat in the R8 with a bag of goodies including A3 pin badge, audi lighter and pen.
    Well worth a look if you ever have time to kill at Munich airport.

PS No sales pressure at all just guys who liked to talk AUDI.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    that sounds pretty cool, better way to spend the time waiting than airside anyway.

Status
    About time they did something similar here, but then the airports here have more pressing issues to deal with at the moment!

Problem is there may be too many old duffers who own Audi's to warrant it here, up until recently the age profiles must have been quite old. Also forums in the UK seem to be more about dick swinging rather than genuine enthusiasts who are there to enjoy motors so maybe it wouldn't work here. People would be more likely to go in on the rob than to actually participate.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

6th Gear

Status
    Lufthansa bumped me off a flight back in January so I too spent some time in the Audi forum in Munich. They only had an A5 and an old A4 in back then so you hit the jackpot!

6th Gear

Status
    they do do something similar here (i.e. an Audi Forum), but its in Piccadilly...

Audi Forum London Link
    Last edited by Kontraband; 21st April 2008 at 11:41.