Quattro - What to do???

dobber

Reaction score
I need new tyres soon - Is it ok to get 2 new ones for the front or should i get 4 new around?

Is the Goodyear a hard wearing tyre - i know everyone rates them.

I need new tyres soon - Is it ok to get 2 new ones for the front or should i get 4 new around?

Is the Goodyear a hard wearing tyre - i know everyone rates them.

If your rears are low then you SHOULD get all 4 , coz your fronts will have 8mil and your rears 2mil.

p

I'll make it easy for you, in a ideal world replace all 4. If your rears are very low say 2mil replace them as well.

If you still have say 5mil on the rears you may be ok just changing the fronts!

p

Thats why its suggested to rotate the tyres front and rear so get even wear over 4 tyres ! Ok it cost you more when swap but then dont end up with as above 8 mill on front and 2 mill on rear - which could lead to interesting handling

Richard

with the haldex quattro is is fine to change at different times, make sure you change at the same time the ones in the same axle though...

Pedro

Check what the wear is on the back because when we changed our tyres(early to fit winter tyres) after 6k miles there was only 0.5mm difference between front and rears.

true that... my front tires are well within the limit but the rubber is not as grippy as when new... and towards the end of the life the grip is not as good as it was...

Pedro

Changing in pairs is fine but the new tyres should always go on the rear for safer handling; so move the part worn rears to front when getting the new tyres.