Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Quattro - What to do???

I need new tyres soon - Is it ok to get 2 new ones for the front or should i get 4 new around?

Is the Goodyear a hard wearing tyre - i know everyone rates them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dobber View Post
    I need new tyres soon - Is it ok to get 2 new ones for the front or should i get 4 new around?

Is the Goodyear a hard wearing tyre - i know everyone rates them.
    If your rears are low then you SHOULD get all 4 , coz your fronts will have 8mil and your rears 2mil.

p

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    If your rears are low then you SHOULD get all 4 , coz your fronts will have 8mil and your rears 2mil.

p

EH???

On Boost

Status
    I'll make it easy for you, in a ideal world replace all 4. If your rears are very low say 2mil replace them as well.

If you still have say 5mil on the rears you may be ok just changing the fronts!

p

I cant spell !

Status
    Thats why its suggested to rotate the tyres front and rear so get even wear over 4 tyres ! Ok it cost you more when swap but then dont end up with as above 8 mill on front and 2 mill on rear - which could lead to interesting handling

Richard
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

windsurfer

Status
    with the haldex quattro is is fine to change at different times, make sure you change at the same time the ones in the same axle though...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

4th Gear

Status
    Check what the wear is on the back because when we changed our tyres(early to fit winter tyres) after 6k miles there was only 0.5mm difference between front and rears.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

4th Gear

Status
    despite the legal limit of 1.6mm, tyres rapidly lose their grip and become dangerous below 3mm, so replace the rears at 3mm rather than later when there is a chance they may let go and spin you off a bend..
    http://www.ntda.co.uk/cms/index.php?...=270&Itemid=74
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

windsurfer

Status
    true that... my front tires are well within the limit but the rubber is not as grippy as when new... and towards the end of the life the grip is not as good as it was...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Neutral

Status
    Changing in pairs is fine but the new tyres should always go on the rear for safer handling; so move the part worn rears to front when getting the new tyres.
    EddyH

Boxster S
    Passat V6 4Motion

Status
    Here we go again... New tyres where debate...
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

windsurfer

Status
    I am not even going to say anything.... lolol how many pages last time?

Pedro