Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Service at 4.5k

Just booked my S3 Service for next week. Was expecting a lot more miles! I have raised this issue with the dealer. Any views?
    2007 S3 - Phantom Black, Black/Crimson, Bose, Light & Rain, non smoke, flat tyre, flat bot/s-wheel, cruise, light pack, folding mirrors, luggage, storage, park sens, Phatnoise.....

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    4.5k!!! Thats pimped Evo territory?!

Have you made any mods??

Although I see your an 07, so is it on a yearly?

Jas.

Status
    Bit early. I'm showing in DIS for oil change at 8500 and 1st service approx 18000.
    S3 57 Dolphin Grey.
    MFFBSW,GSM,Cruise,Symphony 6,Bose,
    I-Pod,Rain n Light Pack,Front Arm Rest,Black Optik Grille,BBS Calito'S.

06 A3 2.0T Q S-Line Sportback Spec Ed. Sold
    05 TT Quattro Sport (240 bhp). Sold
    04 A4 1.8T S-Line (190bhp). Sold

Reverse Gear

Status
    It's a year old @ the end of the month. No mods, both my last 8p A3's (both 2.0 FSI's) went to around 16k or 2 years.
    2007 S3 - Phantom Black, Black/Crimson, Bose, Light & Rain, non smoke, flat tyre, flat bot/s-wheel, cruise, light pack, folding mirrors, luggage, storage, park sens, Phatnoise.....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Also, Do both u guys have bonnet insulation, I have noticed others with it in pics, but i have none. Maybe Audi changed the specs later in 2007?

L60N
    I thought the service intervals were every 20k or annualy, whichever comes sooner?

6th Gear

Status
    Fixed service interval is 1 year or 10,000 miles - whichever comes first.

Variable service interval is 2 years or 20,000 miles (reducing according to driving style & conditions) - whichever comes first.

Sounds like the dealer put your car onto fixed service intervals and the year is up...

BTW idiots at local Skoda dealer coded the instruments wrong when they serviced my wife's car last month, put it on a 36 day service interval instead of a 360 day service interval. Sorted with VAG-COM in 5 minutes!
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

L60N
    Hmm, whats the difference between fixed and variable apart from the obvious?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hmm, I was given the choice of fixed or variable and went for variable. I think you are right "petroldave" as it says 10 days or 5k to service, which will be the day I picked it up last year!

They must have pressed the wrong button and put it on fixed.

4th Gear

Status
    Our Audi came up for its first service at 8.5k miles at 13 months. Most of its journeys were about fairly short though at about 6-7miles. The variable service should take you up to two years but if the car senses lots of short or hard journeys it will adjust it the mileage down.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

6th Gear

Status
    point for me and Dave I think... yearly job.

5th Gear

Status
    It does depend on the type of driving you do; If you have short commutes and low mileage, it will come up earlier. My old 2.0Tfsi came up early as it was my wifes car and got zero long journeys and only short stints.
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJames View Post
    Bit early. I'm showing in DIS for oil change at 8500 and 1st service approx 18000.
    You've got an 08MY car - everything has changed.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnet View Post
    It's a year old @ the end of the month. No mods, both my last 8p A3's (both 2.0 FSI's) went to around 16k or 2 years.
    You've got the same problem as a lot of people with 07MY TT's are reporting over on the TT forum. My 3.2 TT is doing it too and is set to variable

2nd Gear

Status
    My S3 is showing oil change due at 9500 or one year, and service due at 18000 or three years

Neutral

Status
    Yeh, you've got the 08MY car so not as much of a problem.

Boydie
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnet View Post
    Also, Do both u guys have bonnet insulation, I have noticed others with it in pics, but i have none. Maybe Audi changed the specs later in 2007?
    They come in the deisel cars - to try hide the tractor noise lol

windsurfer

Status
    Mine is only due to 1st service at 14k miles... No indication for oil change before...
    I am on the variable service schedule.

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks