EM TuningVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Question Squeaky Seat - Warranty ?

Hi all,

The drivers seat of my A3 is a bit "creaky/squeaky" - when you move around in the seat (cornering or going over bumps or getting in/out) the seat creaks/squeaks - it is not bad but didn't expect an Audi to have ratlles/squeaks.

It is not as if I am a "large" person.

Do you think this is something the audi stealers would repair/replace under warranty ? It is only just over 1 year old (15,000 miles).

Cheers.....
    2007 Lava grey, A3, 2.0 140 TDI, Sportsback, S-Line, Cruise Control (Retro Fit)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    My passenger seat started squeaking when there was no-one in it. Took my car to Lincoln Audi ( with a couple of weeks left on the warranty ) and they replaced the seat interior - no questions asked
    2004 (54) A3 Sportback TDi Sport Liquid Blue

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah, my drivers seat did the same, its been replaced twice and still squeaks, so whilst they seem happy to replace they seem unable to fix, good luck with yours though

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi

I have a 'Clicking' bucket seat, the dealers adjusted the seat thinking it had been resolved, but its still there.

Looked on the Audi Configurator site to see if they spec'd 'Clicking Bucket Seats' but could not find them.

So, the dealers are going to sort them on the second visit!!

So, in answer, yes they'll do it for you.

Good luck

Lee
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

6th Gear

Status
    I have a creaking drivers seat, it creaks on the left hand bolster (and no its not the armrest before anyone suggests it), Audi have looked at it and moved the leather which stopped the creaking for a couple of weeks and now its back, i rang Audi and they said next time i take the car in they will fit a new seat.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks all for the comments/info, the car is due a service in 1900 miles (approx 2-3 months) so I will request them to look at the seat at the same time - saves taking the car in twice.

Cheers all. here's hoping it gets fixed !

I also have the CD player issue - got a symphony II and sometimes it just comes up CD Error and won't play or eject the CD - works fine on Radio and then 10-30 mins later I am able to eject the CD and all works again - will ask them to look at that too ! the list grows ! LOL
    2007 Lava grey, A3, 2.0 140 TDI, Sportsback, S-Line, Cruise Control (Retro Fit)

S3 (8P)

Status
    My mouse has been sqeaking quite a bit, took it to AUDI but they told me to piss off. Funny that...??

Not an S3 owner!

Status
    I had a creaky drivers seat, Audi did fix this by replacing some part?? This was done whilst the car was in for a sevice.

When I went to pick it up.....No drivers seat doh!! Seems the mechanics don't talk to the service staff.

Andy