Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics

QuickNick

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I need 2 new front tyres in a week or 2, and after reading various reviews and threads on here, am probably going to go with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics.

Just wondered if anyone who has been running them for a while was pleased with them? I'm not so bothered by mileage (which is a good job, as the standard conti's have only lasted 9k miles). Also, what price (fitted) did you pay?

Cheers

Good choice matey, only had mine on for a few hundred miles and am very pleased, great levels of grip. Still got the conti's on the back which makes for a little oversteer when pushed hard, obviously not sure about how long they last yet, but would not imagine they will last as long as the cont's as I think they are softer.
I paid £214 for two fitted and balanced from Tyrewise in kirkby nr LIverpool.

Mark

Had a set of 4 on my 8L for the last 8k and there still gong strong, very grippy even in the wet, good choice :thumbsup:

I'm due for a set too so will be watching this thread. I'll post back with the best prices I come up with.

Haven't got the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics but i just bought Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's 225/40/18 for £344 delivered. (Still need fit cost to add on).

Got them from fleabay and delivered in 48 hrs. They are actually from valuetyres but they are also selling via fleabay. No issues and excellent tyres.

Hi,

I too had the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's only Subaru Impreza Turbo - best tyres I ever fitted ! Amazing grip in the wet ! stunning !
From what I can remember they can take a few hundred miles to get real grippy - seem a bit naff when first fitted.

Would go all 4 if you are going to be pusing the car hard tho as mixed can produce some un-welcome handling (unless you like it like that !). I put 2 F1's on the front and had conti's on the rear - girlfriend spun it 180 on an island ! told her she should have left the loud pedal down and spun it 360 and carried on ! would have looked much more cool ! :)

Just my 2p worth.

Just had a pair of 225/45/17 Eagle Asymmetrics fitted to the back of my Sportback. Cost me £83.00 each including VAT & delivery from Camskills online

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b772s16p0

Had the Asymmetrics that were on the rear shifted to the front. They have done about 7k, and are just under half worn.

Camskill delivered less than 48 hours after I ordered, and my local ATS fitted them for £20.00

Has anybody got a link to the tyre test everybodys talking about? why are they so well liked? best tyre full stop , or best value for money tyre?

Ive got Michelin pilot sports on the rear and there stunning , the price is not tho!

p

Got them fitted to my 19s - superb tyres, much better than the Contis. Quieter, more grip, better steering feel. They came top in the EVO tyre test which swayed me....

The best dry tyres I ve ever had were a set of Yokohamas, but very scary in the wet and lasted about 6 months ...

However,
I ve currently got GSD3's on my A3 and love them (9k in and I expect to see another 2-3k) - much better than the Michelins and Contis I ve had in the past. Excellent in the dry and safe in the wet. Paid £320 for 4 at my local backstreet.

Just had a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric fitted to the front of mine. Are the Eagle F1 Asymmetric better than the Goodyear F1 GSD's ??

Only done 5 miles on them so to soon to comment.

Ive had them on my 19's from new and they are very impressive, lots of grip and low noise - seem to be wearing OK as well

Had a pair fitted about 6 weeks ago - not sure whether Asymmetric are better than GSD's as I've never used GSD's, but the Asymmetrics seem to offer plenty of grip and are wearing well (although I haven't really checked TBH)

I've had the Eagle F1 GSD's on a 1.8T Sport,loved 'em,so put some on my 2.0 FSI (both A3's) I'd get between 25-30K out of them.

My brother's shredded pretty much every tyre he's had (on a Saxo!)...Conti's,Pilot sports,Pirellis,some just after 7K,so a local dealer suggested BF Goodrich G-Force pofiler,still looking good after 18k.
I got some myself,i really rate them! I've only done about 7k so far and they're like new.

I got 3 Goodyear F1's (not four due to puncture in the other tyre a few months ago) fitted for 330quid. Pretty grippy tyres i have to say - cant really tell the diff between them and the Continentals i was running before!!

4 fitted for £400. Had them for a month or so now and can't fault them! Very grippy rain or shine!

(225/45/17)

Got 4 x 225/40/18s fitted yesterday for £388 at Martin's Tyes is Bisley Surrey :)

That is a good price, thought I was doing well, got 4 fitted yesterday (225x40x18) for £412 !

How many miles are people getting out of the Asymmetrics? My fronts have only done 7000miles and there down to 2mm tread, my A3 is a mapped 2.0 2-wheel drive derv.

Did no-one else here get Bridgestone Potenza tyres on their car from the factory? I did, they've been awesome so far; still have a few mm tread left and i've done over 11k already!

I think i'll be replacing them like for like when the time comes. I remember Goodyear tyres being all right on my 3.2 but they did wear quickly. I've found the Potenzas just as good...

got 4 GSD3 fitted to my 19" paid £600 and a bit more for the lazer alignment but amazing amount of grip... definetley rated!

I've had the Asymettric ones on the front for about 2k miles, they seem to have loads of grip - seem a lot better than the Continental Sport Contact 2 I had but then I can't remember how grippy they were before they were bald!

From what I've read most people say the conti's wear pretty quickly so hopefully they will last a bit longer than 9k.

As mentioned earlier having the Goodyear on the front does alter the balance of the car, I have Conti's with about 2-3mm on the back and the car will oversteer under power on wet roundabouts - it's very controllable but not expected as with the original tyres the back pretty much never did anything.

It's fun in the snow :cold:

The Conti Sport Contact 2s I had on mine lasted 19k - now got Sport Contact 3s on the front, so will be interested to see how long they last.

I was going to go with the Asymmetrics next time, but if you've only done 7k and they're worn already Matt, might have to stick with Contis or look elsewhere.

I am amazed at how many people run summer tyres already...
A bit dangerous in the snow isn't it?

Tim

How many miles are people getting out of the Asymmetrics? My fronts have only done 7000miles and there down to 2mm tread, my A3 is a mapped 2.0 2-wheel drive derv.

I used to get 19k (fronts) with GSD3's on my tuned Golf PD150 (around 220bhp).
I was planning on swapping the Conti's on the A3 for Asymetrics having been very impressed with GSD3's.
Looks like I will have to re-consider if they only last 10k!

Did no-one else here get Bridgestone Potenza tyres on their car from the factory? I did, they've been awesome so far; still have a few mm tread left and i've done over 11k already!

I think i'll be replacing them like for like when the time comes. I remember Goodyear tyres being all right on my 3.2 but they did wear quickly. I've found the Potenzas just as good...

Hi...mine was fitted with these as stock.

I can see you like them,but I think these are truly horrible tyres.

Poor wet weather grip,especially cornering,and with very little warning when grip is about to be lost,as well as relatively poor lateral dry grip.

Last car I had was an A4 Avant with Michelin Sports and honestly,they were far superior,and before that on performance cars I used Toyo Proxes.

When these things are a little more used they're going in the bin,to be replaced by the Goodyears.

Looking at getting a set of 19inch rims and the two choices of tyres they come with are both Toyo either the T1R or PX4 does any one have them and what are your opinions on them?

Can anyone comment on whether Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics are better/worse than F1 GSD3's? Anyone had both?

I've been a long-time fan of the GSD3's, and had numerous sets on my 8L S3 years ago, we have them on our Golf too, and now its time for new tyres on my 8P S3.

So I'm trying to decide, do I go for the new asymmetrics or the trusty old GSD3's.

Cheers

AL

Ive had both GSD3's and currently got Asymmetrics on my (big RWD) FPV.

The Asymmetrics are better in the wet, but I dont believe its a huge difference, both are more than acceptable.

In absolute terms the asymmetrics are better, but if youre budget constrained then the GSD3's are still an excellent buy

hi saf what are your tire sizes im getting a se of 19s at the end of the month and not sure what tire size to get i want them low profile like yours any advice for me pal

got 4 GSD3 fitted to my 19" paid £600 and a bit more for the lazer alignment but amazing amount of grip... definetley rated!

Hi...mine was fitted with these as stock.

I can see you like them,but I think these are truly horrible tyres.

Poor wet weather grip,especially cornering,and with very little warning when grip is about to be lost,as well as relatively poor lateral dry grip.

Last car I had was an A4 Avant with Michelin Sports and honestly,they were far superior,and before that on performance cars I used Toyo Proxes.

When these things are a little more used they're going in the bin,to be replaced by the Goodyears.

agree, while the potenzas have lasted 15.5k and theres still couple mm tread left on them when theyre gone they arent coming back, the lack of grip and scary snatch point where they just let go is not what i want.

After using Toyo T1-Rs on a couple of cars i found them to be just as good as Eagle F1 GSD3 but with a bit more tread stability and lasted 17k compared to getting 10K out of GSD3s, i found the GSD3s squirmed quite a bit which i put down to the tread pattern consisting of thin ribs of tread, this lessened as they wore which kind of backed my theory up too.

Had a focus ST which wore Eagle F1 Assyms and they were ok, had good grip and never gave me a problem even with 300BHP conversion fitted so they can handle a beating pretty well as that car got thraped, got rid of that car at 5k and the tyres looked like theyd just scrubbed off their coating.

i have F1 Asysm's on back of Beemer

good tyres - done away with RFT's in favour of proper tyres.

so far i'm impressed and not bad at £90 each from Camskill

Very good tyre, and all round best of the current crop. You won't be disappointed.

Dunlop SP SPORT MAX 235/35/19 GOOD GOOD GOOD