AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status

Finally lowered on Gallardos...

Finally installed the Weitec Hicon GT Gewinde (doing some fine adjustments atm, nearly there )

Please comment on the stance, lower or low enough
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

2. # ADS
    ADS

I cant spell !

Status
    They look very very nice - stance wise I would say just about right.
    Interested as to where to got them from as & to the price

Richard
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

On Boost

Status
    I think the hight is spot on mate , i like to see a BIT of the wheel arch, so it dosen't look like your springs have snapped. LOL

IMHO the wheels don't do anything for the car , but if you like em mate nice one!

p

1st Gear

Status
    Absolute Super,not any lower.Just put spacer on the rear to fill out as in the front

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rsarjantson View Post
    They look very very nice - stance wise I would say just about right.
    Interested as to where to got them from as & to the price

Richard
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    I think the hight is spot on mate , i like to see a BIT of the wheel arch, so it dosen't look like your springs have snapped. LOL

IMHO the wheels don't do anything for the car , but if you like em mate nice one!

p
    Cheers. Well, some like the daughter, some like the mother and some like them both I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane1967 View Post
    Absolute Super,not any lower.Just put spacer on the rear to fill out as in the front

Cheers. Yes a spacer (0.5cm) definately is on the list. Dunno why they have a wider track up front - Guess it's some kind of comfort thing, ie not tramlining etc.

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

p
    Nice meeting you today Leon!! You're a funny guy Any pics of the car after??

His car looks better lowered, but your right they're not doing anything

1st Gear

Status
    Yes 5mm spacer on the rear will do it

Are you going to Rudskogen,10th May?
    Last edited by wolfbane1967; 9th April 2008 at 22:13.

Status
    That looks awesome! I'd say suspension-wise you're just about there. Great wheels - familiar to look at but a very rare sight.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

S3 (8P)

Status

Cool

A bit Focus ST-esque, not for me mate, ride height good though.

Boydie
    good to see progress - but you need to lower it a tad more at the back and maybe at the front

check my pics out for a comparisson

6th Gear

Status
    I'd say that you have the hight spot on. If I'm honest with the wheels, IMO they look alright but there are better looking wheels on an A3.

But you bought them which means you like them so it dont matter! Good job on the suspension tho!
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

Turbo is the only way....

Status
    I think the height is perfect on the suspension as I plan to achieve the same look (just a bit lower than the factory sports suspension with about an inch of space between the fender all round) with PSS10 coilovers.

Agree with Paul and Phantom on the look of the wheels. I think they are a bit too busy when the lines of the A3 are so clean. But the fact that they are from a Lambo with a Lambo badge makes it that much cooler.
    Enjoy!
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

5th Gear

Status
    well I really like the gallardo wheels, think they look really good on the A3, they're a bit like a modern take on the old S3 wheels.

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    well I really like the gallardo wheels, think they look really good on the A3, they're a bit like a modern take on the old S3 wheels.
    You can't mean the 8P S3? they look nothing like 8P wheels!

A modern take on the 8L S3 wheels , i can see where your coming from there!

p

windsurfer

Status
    Stance I think it is spot on...
    The wheels while I really like them somehow I don't find they suit the A3 bodyshape...

But the important thing is what you think... But car stance is spot on... I wouldn't even bother with rear spacer...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    You can't mean the 8P S3? they look nothing like 8P wheels!

A modern take on the 8L S3 wheels , i can see where your coming from there!

p
    I think you're both wrong... Don't you mean the old RS4's? Came out on the old S4 first i think?
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

S3RVA

Status
    I think they mean the standard 17" avus wheels which came on the 8L which they do have a likeness to

L60N
    Its obvious what Alex meant:

Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    I dont really like them, They look very Ford ST. I also think they appear from a distance to have the centre caps missing. If they did have a centre cap that covered the boltholes and flushed the wheel they would look pretty awesome.

But the size and offset is perfect, so i guess if you like the wheels theyre pretty much spot on.
    Last edited by L60N; 10th April 2008 at 12:08.

On Boost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlogic View Post
    I think they mean the standard 17" avus wheels which came on the 8L which they do have a likeness to
    Yeah thats what i mean mate!

p

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    Sorry mate but I don't like the wheels. They make the car look like a wide boy Ford. Suspension looks good though. I think RS4s would look nice on that colour and that height.
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah, they look like Ford S-MAX alloys.
    I also agree it looks like the centre caps are missing.
    I would say the stance looks fine though.
    Doesn't look ridiculously 'slammed', as I believe the 'kids' are calling it.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

L60N
    Bowfer is down with the kids

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Bowfer is down with the kids
    Word (sorry..................'recognise' )
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 10th April 2008 at 12:35.

S3RVA

Status
    anodised bolts or bolt caps are required i reckon

6th Gear

Status
    I was in the Mazda website, looking at a '2' for the wife.
    I came across this and thought I recognised the wheels!

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the comments guys!!

What's the conclusion from the comments?

The ride height is near to perfect (I agree of course - I even lowered it 2-3 mm up front today...now it's a 100% )

Wheels split people in two - either you like them or you think they belong on a Ford or (this is new) on a Mazda. Fair enough. I really don't see the assemblence myself, there is so much more to the Gallardos than any ST wheel will ever have. Plus it's Audi bloodline.

The wheels really draws attention to a somewhat normal looking car (don't get me wrong - I own it and love it). I have them on the car and of course I like them otherwise I wouldn't have them fitted. Logical. IMO they make all the difference from all the A3/S3's fitted with RS4-II, RS4-I or RS6 etc.

The choice were between BB5 LM Time Attack's with the grey/white lip, the BBS CH in graphite grey (which I really couldn't afford) and the TSW Holsten machined look.

Well I went for the Gallardo Reps obviously.

Just to really see the difference; take a look. looks really nothing like the same even tho I see some distant similarities:

The St's just look like a copy of a copy of a copy of something. The Gallardos have design elements that are way more modern and edgy. Inheritage meets the future...a good portion S3 / S4 (yeah the older ones), classic old school italian look (5 round circles) and maybe a dash MKV golf GTI...You see it...

Wait a minute, I love 'em. Enough justifying...

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes 5mm spacer on the rear will do it

Are you going to Rudskogen,10th May?
    What's going on at Rudskogen the 10th of may? Gatebil?

1st Gear

Status
    First of all,the wheels are amazing,they dont look like ford wheels at all.The are genuine Lambo wheels for me,Thumbs up Man

At Rudskogen 10th of May is Audi Club Norway meeting.Im thinking of going ther from Sweden, i have about 250km from Gothenburg,i was there last year at a trackday

2nd Gear

Status
    First of all,the wheels are amazing,they dont look like ford wheels at all.The are genuine Lambo wheels for me,Thumbs up Man

At Rudskogen 10th of May is Audi Club Norway meeting.Im thinking of going ther from Sweden, i have about 250km from Gothenburg,i was there last year at a trackday
    Cheers, Glad you see them the way I do

Is it a VW Audi Club Norwegen meet...if it is I will problably be there. I'm a member of that club and I only have one meeting late april planned out. If it were Gatebil I wouldn't be interested you see...too much Bull**** drawing attention away from the cars.
    But hey we can keep contact via PM. Would be kinda nice because I always wanted to get up and close to the S3 8P...Love that car.

Cheers

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    Says the boy who nicked Batman's wheels
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Moeller View Post
    Cheers, Glad you see them the way I do

Is it a VW Audi Club Norwegen meet...if it is I will problably be there. I'm a member of that club and I only have one meeting late april planned out. If it were Gatebil I wouldn't be interested you see...too much Bull**** drawing attention away from the cars.
    But hey we can keep contact via PM. Would be kinda nice because I always wanted to get up and close to the S3 8P...Love that car.

Cheers
    Yes its a VW Audi Club Norwegen meet.

We can ceep contact

Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRangers View Post
    Says the boy who nicked Batman's wheels

Yes, and it was a request from my friend,what thought it was of them here.

My self drives with OZ Ultraleggera 19inch.

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    My self drives with ****ey 18" RS4 things what thought it was of them here mate.

Sporting Lisbon 0 Rangers 1

60 minutes played. We are coming for you next Fiorentina.

L60N
    I dont think theres any need to rip it out his written English.
    Lets see you speak/write in Swedish?

1st Gear

Status
    He he. I guess i speak better than i write

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    I dont think theres any need to rip it out his written English.
    Lets see you speak/write in Swedish?
    I don't think there's any need for you to comment when I rip the pish mate. How do you think you are? Just a wee bit of fun but I understood that we should post in legible English as used by Her Majesty the Queen. Are you trying to tell me you understood that sentence he posted?

Wolfbain take to offence mate but we Glaswegians have a sense of humour unlike others on this forum.

L60N
    I have got a sense of humour.

see.

I can comment on what I like.

And a wee bit of fun as you described, seemed nothing more than belittlement to me.

Finally, if you are expecting everybody on here regardless of origin to type perfect English, then I will again.... exercise my sense of humour

Status
    He he. I guess i speak better than i write
    Don't worry mate we understod what you meant!

So long as it's not chav text speak it's fine by me!
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRangers View Post
    I don't think there's any need for you to comment when I rip the pish mate. How do you think you are? Just a wee bit of fun but I understood that we should post in legible English as used by Her Majesty the Queen. Are you trying to tell me you understood that sentence he posted?

Wolfbain take to offence mate but we Glaswegians have a sense of humour unlike others on this forum
    What on earth is that meant to mean? Even in my best scottish accent I cant get that to make sense
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Mellow Yellow

Status
    I like em, think they'd look even better in gunmetal or matt black.

Reckon you need 8mm spacers on the rear though. Not sure if the rear track is narrower, or just that the rear of the body is wider than the front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast