Finally lowered on Gallardos...

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
Finally installed the Weitec Hicon GT Gewinde (doing some fine adjustments atm, nearly there :thumbsup:)

HPIM3216-1.jpg

HPIM3218-1.jpg

HPIM3222-1.jpg

HPIM3225-1.jpg

HPIM3227-1.jpg

HPIM3229-1.jpg

HPIM3230-1.jpg

Please comment on the stance, lower or low enough :icon_thumright:

They look very very nice - stance wise I would say just about right.
Interested as to where to got them from as & to the price

Richard

I think the hight is spot on mate , i like to see a BIT of the wheel arch, so it dosen't look like your springs have snapped. LOL

IMHO the wheels don't do anything for the car , but if you like em mate nice one!

p

Absolute Super,not any lower.Just put spacer on the rear to fill out as in the front

:thumbsup:

They look very very nice - stance wise I would say just about right.
Interested as to where to got them from as & to the price

Richard

Thanks

I think the hight is spot on mate , i like to see a BIT of the wheel arch, so it dosen't look like your springs have snapped. LOL

IMHO the wheels don't do anything for the car , but if you like em mate nice one!

p

Cheers. Well, some like the daughter, some like the mother and some like them both I guess.

Absolute Super,not any lower.Just put spacer on the rear to fill out as in the front

:thumbsup:

Cheers. Yes a spacer (0.5cm) definately is on the list. Dunno why they have a wider track up front - Guess it's some kind of comfort thing, ie not tramlining etc.

p

Nice meeting you today Leon!! You're a funny guy :p Any pics of the car after??

His car looks better lowered, but your right they're not doing anything :o.k:

Yes 5mm spacer on the rear will do it ;)

Are you going to Rudskogen,10th May?

That looks awesome! I'd say suspension-wise you're just about there. Great wheels - familiar to look at but a very rare sight.

A bit Focus ST-esque, not for me mate, ride height good though.

good to see progress - but you need to lower it a tad more at the back and maybe at the front

check my pics out for a comparisson

I'd say that you have the hight spot on. If I'm honest with the wheels, IMO they look alright but there are better looking wheels on an A3.

But you bought them which means you like them so it dont matter! Good job on the suspension tho!

I think the height is perfect on the suspension as I plan to achieve the same look (just a bit lower than the factory sports suspension with about an inch of space between the fender all round) with PSS10 coilovers.

Agree with Paul and Phantom on the look of the wheels. I think they are a bit too busy when the lines of the A3 are so clean. But the fact that they are from a Lambo with a Lambo badge makes it that much cooler. :thumbsup:
Enjoy!

well I really like the gallardo wheels, think they look really good on the A3, they're a bit like a modern take on the old S3 wheels.

well I really like the gallardo wheels, think they look really good on the A3, they're a bit like a modern take on the old S3 wheels.

You can't mean the 8P S3? they look nothing like 8P wheels!:huh:

A modern take on the 8L S3 wheels , i can see where your coming from there!:thumbsup:

p

Stance I think it is spot on...
The wheels while I really like them somehow I don't find they suit the A3 bodyshape...

But the important thing is what you think... But car stance is spot on... I wouldn't even bother with rear spacer...

Pedro

You can't mean the 8P S3? they look nothing like 8P wheels!:huh:

A modern take on the 8L S3 wheels , i can see where your coming from there!:thumbsup:

p

I think you're both wrong... Don't you mean the old RS4's? Came out on the old S4 first i think?

I think they mean the standard 17" avus wheels which came on the 8L which they do have a likeness to

Its obvious what Alex meant:

I dont really like them, They look very Ford ST. I also think they appear from a distance to have the centre caps missing. If they did have a centre cap that covered the boltholes and flushed the wheel they would look pretty awesome.

But the size and offset is perfect, so i guess if you like the wheels theyre pretty much spot on. :thumbsup:

Sorry mate but I don't like the wheels. They make the car look like a wide boy Ford. Suspension looks good though. I think RS4s would look nice on that colour and that height.

Yeah, they look like Ford S-MAX alloys.
I also agree it looks like the centre caps are missing.
I would say the stance looks fine though.
Doesn't look ridiculously 'slammed', as I believe the 'kids' are calling it.:confused:

I was in the Mazda website, looking at a '2' for the wife.
I came across this and thought I recognised the wheels!

20070912010118_photo_0.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys!!

What's the conclusion from the comments?

The ride height is near to perfect (I agree of course - I even lowered it 2-3 mm up front today...now it's a 100% :o.k: )

Wheels split people in two - either you like them or you think they belong on a Ford or (this is new) on a Mazda. Fair enough. I really don't see the assemblence myself, there is so much more to the Gallardos than any ST wheel will ever have. Plus it's Audi bloodline.

The wheels really draws attention to a somewhat normal looking car (don't get me wrong - I own it and love it). I have them on the car and of course I like them otherwise I wouldn't have them fitted. Logical. IMO they make all the difference from all the A3/S3's fitted with RS4-II, RS4-I or RS6 etc.

The choice were between BB5 LM Time Attack's with the grey/white lip, the BBS CH in graphite grey (which I really couldn't afford) and the TSW Holsten machined look.

Well I went for the Gallardo Reps obviously.

Just to really see the difference; take a look. looks really nothing like the same even tho I see some distant similarities:rolleyes::

Ford-Focus_ST_2006_800x600_wallpape.jpg

3638051640.jpg

The St's just look like a copy of a copy of a copy of something. The Gallardos have design elements that are way more modern and edgy. Inheritage meets the future...a good portion S3 / S4 (yeah the older ones), classic old school italian look (5 round circles) and maybe a dash MKV golf GTI...You see it...

Wait a minute, I love 'em. Enough justifying...

First of all,the wheels are amazing,they dont look like ford wheels at all.The are genuine Lambo wheels for me,Thumbs up Man

At Rudskogen 10th of May is Audi Club Norway meeting.Im thinking of going ther from Sweden, i have about 250km from Gothenburg,i was there last year at a trackday ;)

First of all,the wheels are amazing,they dont look like ford wheels at all.The are genuine Lambo wheels for me,Thumbs up Man

At Rudskogen 10th of May is Audi Club Norway meeting.Im thinking of going ther from Sweden, i have about 250km from Gothenburg,i was there last year at a trackday ;)

Cheers, Glad you see them the way I do :beerchug:

Is it a VW Audi Club Norwegen meet...if it is I will problably be there. I'm a member of that club and I only have one meeting late april planned out. If it were Gatebil I wouldn't be interested you see...too much ******** drawing attention away from the cars.
But hey we can keep contact via PM. Would be kinda nice because I always wanted to get up and close to the S3 8P...Love that car.

Cheers

Cheers, Glad you see them the way I do :beerchug:

Is it a VW Audi Club Norwegen meet...if it is I will problably be there. I'm a member of that club and I only have one meeting late april planned out. If it were Gatebil I wouldn't be interested you see...too much ******** drawing attention away from the cars.
But hey we can keep contact via PM. Would be kinda nice because I always wanted to get up and close to the S3 8P...Love that car.

Cheers

Yes its a VW Audi Club Norwegen meet.

We can ceep contact

Cheers

My self drives with shitey 18" RS4 things what thought it was of them here mate.

Sporting Lisbon 0 Rangers 1

60 minutes played. We are coming for you next Fiorentina. :undwech:

I dont think theres any need to rip it out his written English. :no:
Lets see you speak/write in Swedish? :mad:

I dont think theres any need to rip it out his written English. :no:
Lets see you speak/write in Swedish? :mad:

I don't think there's any need for you to comment when I rip the pish mate. How do you think you are? Just a wee bit of fun but I understood that we should post in legible English as used by Her Majesty the Queen. Are you trying to tell me you understood that sentence he posted?

Wolfbain take to offence mate but we Glaswegians have a sense of humour unlike others on this forum.

I have got a sense of humour.

:jester: see.

I can comment on what I like.

And a wee bit of fun as you described, seemed nothing more than belittlement to me.

Finally, if you are expecting everybody on here regardless of origin to type perfect English, then I will again.... exercise my sense of humour :lmfao::end_of_discction:

I don't think there's any need for you to comment when I rip the pish mate. How do you think you are? Just a wee bit of fun but I understood that we should post in legible English as used by Her Majesty the Queen. Are you trying to tell me you understood that sentence he posted?

Wolfbain take to offence mate but we Glaswegians have a sense of humour unlike others on this forum

What on earth is that meant to mean? Even in my best scottish accent I cant get that to make sense ;)

I like em, think they'd look even better in gunmetal or matt black.

Reckon you need 8mm spacers on the rear though. Not sure if the rear track is narrower, or just that the rear of the body is wider than the front.