Select Automotive

yod9999

Reaction score
Hi

I went to my local dealer a couple of weeks ago to order a new S3. They quoted July for delivery, which is a long time but I was ok with that. He's just called me now to say that they tried to place the order with the factory and it's actually more likely to be September before it arrives. That's not so good.

I found these people on autotrader:

http://www.select-automotive.com/index.php

The are advertising brand new S3s ready for immediate delivery, for example here:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...DI&model=S3&min_pr=22500&max_pr=&max_mileage=

This is not the exact spec I was going for, but it's close enough.

My question is, has anyone heard of them/used them/know anyone who's used them? I can't find any feedback about them on the web, and I haven't called them yet, but I'm just trying to find out more (any) information.

Cheers

Yod

I would think the extra delay is being caused by the introduction of the 'facelift' version which is expected to begin production after the Ingolstadt summer closure during August.

Some companies order cars from Audi with no actual customer and sell them when they arrive. Mine you, some also quote short delivery times only to say it will take longer once you placed an order and paid a deposit.

Depends on you point of view but if you do order one and it arrives in June or July, it will be an out-of-date model come September.

I guess it would depend on whether they actually have the car in storage ready for a customer, or if once it's ordered they still have to go and get it from somewhere.

I'm leaning towards still going with the dealer tbh, getting the facelift would be better for resale values etc. The wait will be hard though, and it's always a worry that something better will come along in the mean time...

Cheers

Yod

Nice choice my man. Good luck with sourcing one and welcome to AS.net :D

thanks on both counts!

just hope i manage to sort something out sooner rather than later...

Thats Interesting was about to order my S3 this weekend making me think worth waiting now maybe for the new shape & new reg if its going to be that long to wait

Thats Interesting was about to order my S3 this weekend making me think worth waiting now maybe for the new shape & new reg if its going to be that long to wait
I wouldnt buy from them firstly its a 57 not 08 plate & also you should be getting around 5% off the dealer price which seems fairly standard

This maybe also worth knowing my dealer said if I had a deposit down & the car was delayed by a month or so from the expected delivery date that Audi would refund the deposit true or not I dont know maybe worth a call to find out.

I wouldn't buy from them firstly its a 57 not 08 plate

Good point, that never actually occurred to me until now

also you should be getting around 5% off the dealer price which seems fairly standard

I think if you spec'ed the thing up on the Audi website it would probably come to about 34-35k with those options (i think - don't quote me on this), so 32 is a reasonable amount off, but not quite 5%.

I'll probably go back to the dealer tomorrow. If I can get him to guarantee that I'll get a facelift model AND he can give me a bit more discount (currently at 2%) then I'll go with him.

It's going to be a long wait though.

Cheers for the input from everyone...

Yod

Yod,
You maybe interested to also know that I have spoken to Audi direct today I mentioned I was thinking of buying a S3 but didnt want to loose out if a face lift is due soon as delivery may not be till Sept, they were quite honest but not allowed to give too much away but told me worth waiting till next month when he said all will be revealed so thats probably what I am going to do may as well wait till October just another month & get a 58 plate with hopefully the facelift

Good Luck

Anyone seen pics of the facelifted S3?
Is it a styling exercise or will the oily bits be changed too?

Seems very soon for a faceleft its not like the current car has dated at all.

For example the MK5 Golf is 4yr old now and the MK6 is still 12 months or so away.:think:

Im guessing (as are most of us) that its gonna be reworked lightclusters, along with some other subtle changes. Heres hoping...

bit of an update for those that are interested. i went in to a dealer near work today. i'd been in for a look around before but not spoken to them.

had a chat with the sales-bod and explained the situation i'm in. he had a look on his computer and it turns out that the group that they're part of have 4 on order due to be delivered next month. the specs aren't exactly what i ordered originally, but close enough.

so now i've canceled the order with the original dealer and getting my deposit back, and hopefully i should be getting a brand new one next month rather than september. obviously it won't be a facelift, but i'm not too bothered about that. things seem to be improving :arco:

cheers

yod

Haven't Audi now got a rule where each dealer can only order 1 per month? They'll just tell you it's a delay rather than their quota is filled up for that month otherwise you'd just go to another dearlers! When I ordered mine that's what I was told.

I pick up a week monday btw :hubbahubba:

So what have you specced?

Original spec was:

Dolphin grey
Parking sensors
Cruise control
Front centre armrest
GSM prep in armrest
Symphony 6-CD changer in dash
Folder mirrors with washer jets
FBMFSW
Electric lumbar
Through load system
Tyre pressure warning
Bose
Interior light pack
Rain and light sensor pack
Non-smoking pack

What I'll actually be getting (as specced by the dealer when they ordered it):

Dolphin grey
Black styling pack
DVD sat nav (not bothered about this, but it's on all the ones they ordered)
6-CD changer in glove box
Parking sensors
Front centre armrest
GSM prep in armrest
Door mirrors (this is all it says, not sure exactly which ones they'll be)
FBMFSW
Bose
Rain and light sensor pack

The missing cruise control I know can be retrofitted, as can the interior light pack. The electric lumbar i can live without, but I would have liked the through load system for skiing. Anyone know if this can be retrofitted?