Anyone with MTM alloys with a sportback?

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi Just deciding what alloys to put on my sportback...
having looked at a few options i am wondering if anyone has a sportback with the MTM's on...

my top 3 are
BBS audi a6 wheels similar to Maars...
MTM titan polish
Sportec... although not sure if they are worth the price... but they are 18"

Also can anyone comment about the ride quality?
I think going 19" will be very uncomfortable...

Me and you have a similar dilemma... They are the exact options i've been looking at for my car. I toyed with the idea of RS4 reps but they're a bit played out now seeing as Audi fit them to everything. I like the BBS/Speedline A6 wheels but i want more curvature / movement in the wheel. The MTM's are a classic and keep that clinical design. You can tell they're designed for VAG cars. I'm a big fan of the cut face design.
Currently though i'm edging towards the Sportec Mono 10's. They are ridiculously expensive but they look the business. I'm prepared to sacrifice a bit of ride quality for the look of 19's. Maybe try to fit these towards the nd of the summer...when i can afford it!
To be fair, the S-line suspension doesn't feel great at times to me, seems to spring and roll a bit so i'd be looking to fit some H&R springs anyway.
Whichever you decide to go for you can't go far wrong. They are the 3 best options in my opinion if you want to be different to the usual BBS CH's, RS4's etc. Just watch the offset on the A6 wheels.

Paul.

I'm prepared to sacrifice a bit of ride quality for the look of 19's

Put it this way Paul. I took out my friend in My cousins TT (the one on black bbs ch 19's lowered 55mm on KW V2s set on 3/4 Hard damper setting). He still said that scotty's car drives smoother than his TT which is still on standard suspension and 18"s!!!

Yeah.... I was looking at the ET... i think the best you can do with the Audi/BBS/Speedlines at 8.5 19" with et 48...

i think these will fit...

with regards to the MTM's they are the same apparently but with ET50.

But i am assuming if i go 19" i will have to get coilovers... which perhaps means KW Ver 2...

hard choice...

would like to see a sport back with the MTM's though.