EM TuningBadger5
    Neutral

Status

4GB SD cards in RNS-E?

Just had the RNS-E retro fitted and wanted to see what give there is on the sd cards?

I currently have 2 sandisk 2gb cards and these work a treat, but am wanting to look to get 4gb cards instead, but need to ask some daft questions first?

does it matter which brand you use (kingston etc I've heard can be a bit tempremental)?
    If I use 4gb cards do I get the full 4gb to use or from the thread not sure if it restricts the amount of capacity I can use?

just wanna check b4 spending.

Got my RNS-E retro fitted into my S3, really pleased as had one in the previous s-line a3.

P.S got the concert radio for sale on flea bay & here, let me know if interested

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    Any 4Gb card will be ok, but dont get the SDHC (high capacity) variety.

Becuase of the 400 file limit, i'd say its probably not worth going for 4Gb cards. I can only get about 3Gb on a card before hitting the limit
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Neutral

Status
    If they get even cheaper in a few month I may go for a 4gb to get x2 3GB from them as 6gb is better than 4gb, at least they are better than the 256mb or 512mb quoted in the manual, what brand cards do you have?
    cheers