FRONT FOG LIGHTS

EAGLE79

Reaction score
Has anyone changed their front fog lamps? I've changed my DRL's & Side lights which have made one hell of a difference and was wondering whether its worth doing the Fog Lights?

Don't want the blue/ white of the xenons and then yellow light from the fogs!

So questions are, Has anyone changed these? What lamps did they use? Are they easy to change?

Cheers & thanks in advance for any responses of use!

Paul

Hi Paul,

To be honest I wouldn't bother - the amount you use them, IMO it just isn't worth forking out the cash for the new bulbs.

Edit - I've done a quick search and it looks like they are H7 bulbs if you did want to replace them, though I can't confirm this as I haven't had the bulbs out.

To be honest I wouldn't bother - the amount you use them, IMO it just isn't worth forking out the cash for the new bulbs.

2nd...in the short frame of ownership, I've only used my fogs twice for removing the condensation in the housing:lmfao:

Yes H7, well they are on the preface lift 8P and most facelift 8P and 99.9% sure they are on the later A3's and S3's

I must admit I have Front Fog Lights on my Sportback but very rairly use them. But I have just checked in the parts catalogue and it says, for a 'normal' A3 the bulbs are H7-12v-55w but for the S-Line and S3 they are H11-12v-55w.

Thanks for that Dave - nice find.

Wonder why they used different bulbs....

Still, means it's more expensive if you've got an S3 or S-Line and want to change the bulbs - very helpful :gun2:

£31.95 for a set of Osram Night Breaker bulbs if H11
£25.95 for a set of Osram Night Breaker bulbs if H7

I definitely won't be changing them!

Don't change the bulbs mate. They say that yellowish lights cut through the fog better when you need to use them hence the reason why they are yellow and not white.

Fair point! But why is there two kinds of bulbs for the fogs.
:Flush:

Fair point! But why is there to kinds of bulbs for the fogs.

Looking at the parts catalogue they seem to be a totally different design of fog light. Perhaps they are part of the 'corporate parts bin' and used on another model. It looks like the electrical connect is different between the H7 and H11 type bulbs.

Check out these front fogs... anyone know how to do this?

rallypig.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

mdre83 as far as i know mate i think vagparts do i kit inc grills for the a3's now you lucky bast***s.
i assume all the a3 lads on here will point you in the right direction.
look nice dont they.:hubbahubba:

VonMaximo did this install. They are the genuine S6 LEDs but there is lot of work required to fit them - including hacking a lump out of your bumper and chopping off your fog light bracket- which means you cannot remove them without having to replace your front bumper.

VAGParts will sell you a kit including wiring but they won't provide notes on how to make them fit.