S-Tronic now available on 1.4T FSI

mfspen

Reaction score
Just noticed in the latest A3 price list (March 08 onwards), that the new 7-speed S-Tronic gearbox is available on the 1.4T FSI.
Costs £1400.

Would you rather have that or manual? Don't like auto boxes much myself mate.

Give me a gear lever and a clutch :happy::happy: We have a system (AS Tronic) on the heavy trucks now and it can be used in full auto or manual control via a paddle at the steering column. Its safer because the driver does no longer have to concentrate on shifting a 12-15 speed box but they are as boring as hell in auto mode you just aim it and press to go and release to slow.

AS Tronic (DSG) makes a bad driver look good :sadlike::sadlike::sadlike::sadlike:

I didn't specifically order DSG, as such.
To get the S-line spec for £1000, you had to order DSG (or quattro)
So it was a bit of a teaser really, to get all the S-line stuff.
Anyone who specifically spends £1400, over and above the cost of the car, just to get DSG needs their head looking at...

What's so special about the S-Tronic anyway... besides, isn't 7gears too much?

Just noticed in the latest A3 price list (March 08 onwards), that the new 7-speed S-Tronic gearbox is available on the 1.4T FSI.
Costs £1400.

The the same option cost as the standard 6-speed S-tronic on the other models. Money well spent as far as I am personally concerned. I would hate to purchase another A3 with the S-tronic.

Better to me than "shift-it-yourself six-speed with a third pedal" as one US website described a manual gearbox.

Did you have a good week off Bowfer, we missed you!

I take it you didn't mean that, David!

Errrr... 3 letters missing. Should read - I would hate to purchase another A3 withOUT the S-tronic.

Thanks for spotting that Bowfer. I'm sure your now much happier with your "shift-it-yourself six-speed with a third pedal"