Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 57

Thread: O.CT S3 Alloys.

  1. #1
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995

    O.CT S3 Alloys.

    Thinking about these:



    http://www.oct-tuning.com/shop/catal...roducts_id=609

    or these:



    http://www.oct-tuning.com/shop/catal...roducts_id=608

    I think they look even better than RS4's, what do you guys think?


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,287

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    Look good, alot better then the RS4's.

    Damian @ DPM
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  4. #3
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    yeah, not bad at all. How much??

  5. #4
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband View Post
    yeah, not bad at all. How much??
    about 560 I think, depending on the exchange rate. I'm going to contact them to find out. Spending over 2k on just alloys is a bit much, but they do look the dogs.

  6. #5
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    578 for an alloy (19") - based on an approximated Euro rate.

    Not too bad.

    My only fear about these wheels is as much as I love them Audi seem to be chucking them on everything from 1.4TFSi's to RS4's of late. Plus I'm seeing ever more aftermarket ones appearing on older VAG's.

    Still very nice though
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  7. #6
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    578 for an alloy (19") - based on an approximated Euro rate.

    Not too bad.

    My only fear about these wheels is as much as I love them Audi seem to be chucking them on everything from 1.4TFSi's to RS4's of late. Plus I'm seeing ever more aftermarket ones appearing on older VAG's.

    Still very nice though
    They aren't RS4 reps, they are O.CTs own design (albeit quite similar to RS4's)

  8. #7
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    They aren't RS4 reps, they are O.CTs own design (albeit quite similar to RS4's)
    To the general untrained eye there's not a lot in it!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  9. #8
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    To the general untrained eye there's not a lot in it!
    fair point!

  10. #9
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Anyone here any good with photoshop!?

    OEM 18's:



    O.CT 19's


  11. #10
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Shades is great, but he hasn't been on here for a while But they look quite nice. I'm not sure the diamond cut effect compliments your sprint blue though But they are a nice wheel, even if they are similar to the RS4s You gonna lower it? If so springs? Or coilovers

  12. #11
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Shades is great, but he hasn't been on here for a while But they look quite nice. I'm not sure the diamond cut effect compliments your sprint blue though But they are a nice wheel, even if they are similar to the RS4s You gonna lower it? If so springs? Or coilovers
    I totally agree! thats why I was after a photoshop I recon the polished ones will go much better with the blue. If I had a black or white car the two-tone would certainly look amazing.

    Yeah, I want to lower, basically something like this but maybe with the O.CT wheels:

    S3 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R anti roll Kit inst.

  13. #12
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    one nice thing about the polished / black wheels is that the silver lip is right on the outside of the rim and lined by an inner black rim. This should give the optical illusion of making the wheels look bigger than a solid silver rim. The more I look at them the more I like them.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  14. #13
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    one nice thing about the polished / black wheels is that the silver lip is right on the outside of the rim and lined by an inner black rim. This should give the optical illusion of making the wheels look bigger than a solid silver rim. The more I look at them the more I like them.
    Yeah, true, I much prefer that wheel, but I don't think it would go with the blue very well.

  15. #14
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    Yeah, true, I much prefer that wheel, but I don't think it would go with the blue very well.
    Agree, defo silver for yours I think. As lovely as they are you multiply the price out and add 4 tyres at around 170 a corner for decent rubber and thats quite a bill. But that said they are smarter than run of the mill RS4's.

    Any info on weight for them? If they are that pricey you hope you'd also have a weight saving to add a bit of performance benefit. Would offset the extra weight of going up to 19s
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  16. #15
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    I totally agree! thats why I was after a photoshop I recon the polished ones will go much better with the blue. If I had a black or white car the two-tone would certainly look amazing.

    Yeah, I want to lower, basically something like this but maybe with the O.CT wheels:

    S3 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R anti roll Kit inst.
    I could kiss you more people on here need to wake up to coilovers, they really do change the game. I can't wait till mine are on my car and when we meet up for meets, I'll let people drive so they can feel the difference

  17. #16
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995


    Obviosuly they would fill the arches a lot more in real life, they look pretty good, hmmm, not sure which would be best.

  18. #17
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    They do look alright. Lowered properly on coilovers at the right height, they probably will look amazing! Go for it lad! Pull the papes out!

    (Papes aka money)

  19. #18
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    Agree, defo silver for yours I think. As lovely as they are you multiply the price out and add 4 tyres at around 170 a corner for decent rubber and thats quite a bill. But that said they are smarter than run of the mill RS4's.

    Any info on weight for them? If they are that pricey you hope you'd also have a weight saving to add a bit of performance benefit. Would offset the extra weight of going up to 19s
    Yeah, its going to add up, I need new tyres soon, so I might wait till they need changing and then just get the 19's and some Eagle F1 asymms for them too. I'll do the suspension at the same time. It really is going to be a big bill! Maybe I'll wait for a while to save up a bit!!

  20. #19
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Where you based 'siu00adg' and whats your name? www.camskill.co.uk are the cheapest place for tyres I've found!

  21. #20
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Where you based 'siu00adg' and whats your name? www.camskill.co.uk are the cheapest place for tyres I've found!
    Guildford, names Alex.

    They dont have Eagle F1's for 19's unfortunately, but the tyres do look cheap there.

  22. #21
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Try another brand. Go on. You know you want to..hi alex

  23. #22
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Try another brand. Go on. You know you want to..hi alex
    I'm on michelins at the moment which are great, but I've heard very good things about the Eagle F1 asyms, they will be my next tyres.

  24. #23
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    383
    Personally I think your OEM wheels look much nicer (okay much more common I agree)
    O.CT ones look cheap and nasty imo

  25. #24
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstic View Post
    Personally I think your OEM wheels look much nicer (okay much more common I agree)
    O.CT ones look cheap and nasty imo
    Really!? I recon they look really nice, certainly not cheap looking imo. That black S3 looks very smart with them on. I'm not a big fan of the OEM wheels, too small and not dished enough, quite flat looking.

  26. #25
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstic View Post
    O.CT ones look cheap and nasty imo
    We must be looking at different wheels then They're not from halfrauds

  27. #26
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    A good load of pics here:

    http://www.autounleashed.com/cars/v/...by_oct_tuning/

    I think the polished ones without the black are probably the best bet.

  28. #27
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    Really!? I recon they look really nice, certainly not cheap looking imo. That black S3 looks very smart with them on. I'm not a big fan of the OEM wheels, too small and not dished enough, quite flat looking.
    Agree with you they do not look as good as the real RS4 wheels perhaps the O.CD wheels look better in real life.
    I might be interested in your OEM ones if you decide to change them.
    Also Im an old fart and have never been into black wheels so might be better to ignore me

  29. #28
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    We must be looking at different wheels then They're not from halfrauds
    Just because they are not cheapies doesnt mean they look good I.M.P.O.

  30. #29
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I know dipstic, I'm only messing. I think audi's oem wheels are of a poor standard compared with BMWs....take this 320d for example....


  31. #30
    wolfbane1967's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    229
    Is it possible to drive with 8,5x19 et45 at the front axel ,like the o.ct?

  32. #31
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    My wheels are 19"x8 with ET45, so I should imagine so..

  33. #32
    wolfbane1967's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    229
    But its quit big differens in 8 inch and 8,5 inch

  34. #33
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Usually most 19"s are 7.5/8.5 but mine say 19"x8 on the box, spoke to a few places and they've just said get a 235/35/19 tyre, which I'm gonna do. You got any bigger pics of your car?

  35. #34
    wolfbane1967's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    229
    OZ ultraleggera 8x19 et48 Michelin pilot sport 225/35-19 KW V3 Coilovers



  36. #35
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane1967 View Post
    OZ ultraleggera 8x19 et48 Michelin pilot sport 225/35-19 KW V3 Coilovers


    You still getting rid of it?

  37. #36
    wolfbane1967's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    229
    I dont know yet if im selling.My wife is not to found of driving it.Il see in a few weeks.I love the car to much

  38. #37
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane1967 View Post
    I dont know yet if im selling.My wife is not to found of driving it.Il see in a few weeks.I love the car to much
    Yeah I bet! 8 months will fly by anyway.

  39. #38
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,129

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    You car is looking "GULLY" same theme as my cousin's TT...


  40. #39
    wolfbane1967's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    229
    Thats a nice TT.CH in black is super on red cars

  41. #40
    Defratos's Avatar
    Youre Dethpicable!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    London....Relocated to the Mid East
    Posts
    2,230
    I like the OCT wheels, get 'em
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

    Audi S3-BAM

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO