I'm P****d Off with Audi

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
Here is a copy of the e mail that I have just sent to the Audi head office in Turkey. I have never dealt with such a bunch of monkeys in all my life.

Have I overdone it with the e mail? Your comments please...

Dear sir

We spoke on the phone earlier. First let me introduce myself. My name is Gordon Park and my wife's name is Dilek Park. My car is registered under her name. My car's registration number is 26 DP 462.

I purchased my A3 1.4 TFSi in Bursa 2 months ago. I have had problems with the car since buying it. I will list the faults in a chronological order.

1. When I went to take delivery of the car in Bursa, the car had NOT been cleaned properly. When I commented on this, a man cleaned the car with a dirty cloth and there were SURFACE SCRATCHES ALL OVER the car. The color of the car is black and these surface scratches are very noticeable. When I took the car home and studied it closely, it soon became obvious that these scratches had been caused during the preparation process at the Audi dealership in Bursa.

2. When cleaning the car this morning, I noticed that there is an ACTUAL DEFECT in the paintwork of the car. The paint is peeling off in strips at the driver's side front jacking point. I took the car to Guclu in Eskisehir as they are a Dogus group company and they told me they would repair the work under guarantee but I am still VERY unhappy about this. I cannot believe that a defect such as this could possibly occur on a brand like Audi.

3. When I took delivery of the car one of the floor mats was missing from the car. I have since been sent a replacement set of 4 mats but this was another inconvenience and has caused me time.

4. The number plate of the car was not fitted to the car properly. It looks like somebody has drawn a black pen around the edges of the number plate and it looks VERY unprofessional. I have since had to buy a registration plate holder in order to hide the marks.

I have been advised that the ONLY way to fix the scratches in the paintwork of the car is to have it polished professionally. I took my car to Guclu today and they told me that the defects in the paintwork would be corrected under guarantee on Wednesday the 9th of April but that I would have to pay 300YTL to have all the scratches on my car removed.

I do not see why I should have to pay for bad preparation of my car by Audi.

By way of an apology and in order to fix this problem I would like you to organize for my car to be polished professionally by the 3M facility in the Guclu dealership when I take my car there on Wednesday. I want all of the surface scratches REMOVED from my car. If this is not done, I will be forced to contact Audi's head office in Germany.

Please understand that I had always wanted to own an Audi but so far the experience has been VERY unsatisfactory due to your staff being very unprofessional.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Gordon Robert Park

dont sound too much to me... you state the problem and you tell them what you want by way of remedy.

No idea how things work over in Turkey but good luck with getting it all sorted. Its annoying as hell when you get a car youve been waiting for for ages and its not right. Had the same issue with a last black BM although they never wanted to charge me anything for fixing he paintwork.

Does what it says on the tin I guess.

One of the things that you may have thrown back at you is how can you prove it was them. You and I both know what you saw, but you are explaining this to someone who may or may not care particularly.

You say the roads are ***** and its 2 months on, so it is the sort of thing they could blame on wear and tear. They may well say you should have come back sooner.

What's the culture like over there, are they particularly bothered about keeping cars in good nick? In Spain a car isn't a car until it has dents in it. Until then its an ornament.

Whatever happens I hope you end up with a satisfactory result because a new car should be like new at point of delivery. All the best!

I hope they fix this as this is doing my nut in. When washing it this morning I noticed that a huge chunk of paint was missing from the front drivers side jacking point. Took it to them and they said it was a factory defect or some other twaddle.

This car is starting to break my balls.

Think they will polish it free for me? They had better or I am going up there team handed.

In Turkey folk generally talk care of their motors. I do too but it's a bit difficult at the moment due to the anger I am feeling towards Audi in Turkey. *********. This would never have happened in the UK. Or would it?

Glad its not only me that's suffering. I had same problem with mine defect in the paintwork, scratch on passenger door, chip on hazard light button.

Not good enough they should be thoroughly checked before the customer collects the car.

The valeting is shocking, just took mine back to get it all sorted and they had left all the tyre dressing all over the wheels there were spots of residue from the product they were using over my leather seats.

I complained and they apologised but it does seem to be a lack of care with these things, I know its everyday to them but I expect a brand new car to be immaculate and if there are problems for these to be rectified quickly and to an as new standard.

Why is this so difficult!!

Honestly, stuff like that wouldn't bother me as it is all easily fixed - apart from the paint job but audi carry out their paint warrenty over 12years so you got that done no problem - just recently my mate had his 99 a4 boot resprayed because of rust due to a fault on the a4's boot handle

washing the car - if i took delivery of a brand new car i would give them strict instructions not to wash the car at all, i would take pleasure in the fact of knowing that my new expensive car was getting a proper carefull wash by myself

number plate - easy fix - mine never sits straight

wait until your car is out of warrenty then see what problems you have lol :p

I would wait untill 9th APRIL to see what happens,if not happy, then kick off. How much is 300YTL in the pound. How big is the chunk of paint and where? and how is it under warranty or factory defect.
I HOPE YOU GET IT SORTED MATE!!!!!!!!!!!

About 150 Euros give or take so just over a ton.

The chunk of paint that's out is about quarter of the size of my palm. Big enough. They said factory defect but the scratches in the paint have been caused by their Quasimodo style staff.

I will take bigger chunks out of them if they don't do the business.

Thats bad. They should sort it out, Its there fault at the end of the day!
I guess your happy with the rest of the car.:p

Do you think they'll polish it for me Boydie?

I wouldn't let them to be honest lol

Any garage I leave my car into gets strict instructions not to wash the car! I don't know what they are using to was their cars, be it stoney sponges, house hold brush etc...

After all the time and effort i put into cleaning my car, making it swirl free and spending money on fancy waxes, they are the last people i want to touch it!

But it's the detailers we're talking about. 3M. They have that facility within the dealership where I live and I know that they are good as my mate had his done by the same mob. I want them to spring for it though. They should. It's their fault the car is full of swirls. Think they'll wear it?

Am I the only person here to think that some of the 'issues' on that list are pretty insignificant? (in the grand scheme of things)

I expect decent customer service just like everyone else, but complaining because it 'caused me time' to get a new full set of mats because one was missing is ludicrous.

4. The number plate of the car was not fitted to the car properly. It looks like somebody has drawn a black pen around the edges of the number plate and it looks VERY unprofessional. I have since had to buy a registration plate holder in order to hide the marks.

Does it really matter that much? I mean, really. It's a matter of personal preference of course, but this just seems like you're picking out faults just for the sake of it.

When I went to take delivery of the car in Bursa, the car had NOT been cleaned properly. When I commented on this, a man cleaned the car with a dirty cloth and there were SURFACE SCRATCHES ALL OVER the car. The color of the car is black and these surface scratches are very noticeable. When I took the car home and studied it closely, it soon became obvious that these scratches had been caused during the preparation process at the Audi dealership in Bursa.

This is slightly more concerning as no new car should have any kind of paintwork defect. Having said that, surely you could have rejected the car when you went to collect it? Don't you have to sign the inspection sheet, and if you did, it meant you were satisfied with the car and its condition, so to come back after a couple of months and then make a point of mentioning it won't do you any favours with Audi.

I will probably get crucified for this post, but you asked for our opinions Mr Park, and opinions you shall receive. Please don't take anything personally, it's just a case of different strokes for different folks :thumbsup:.

Does what it says on the tin I guess.

One of the things that you may have thrown back at you is how can you prove it was them. You and I both know what you saw, but you are explaining this to someone who may or may not care particularly.

You say the roads are ***** and its 2 months on, so it is the sort of thing they could blame on wear and tear. They may well say you should have come back sooner.

What's the culture like over there, are they particularly bothered about keeping cars in good nick? In Spain a car isn't a car until it has dents in it. Until then its an ornament.

Whatever happens I hope you end up with a satisfactory result because a new car should be like new at point of delivery. All the best!

My feelings are as Warren says really
hope things work out for you

Am I the only person here to think that some of the 'issues' on that list are pretty insignificant? (in the grand scheme of things)

I expect decent customer service just like everyone else, but complaining because it 'caused me time' to get a new full set of mats because one was missing is ludicrous.

Does it really matter that much? I mean, really. It's a matter of personal preference of course, but this just seems like you're picking out faults just for the sake of it.

This is slightly more concerning as no new car should have any kind of paintwork defect. Having said that, surely you could have rejected the car when you went to collect it? Don't you have to sign the inspection sheet, and if you did, it meant you were satisfied with the car and its condition, so to come back after a couple of months and then make a point of mentioning it won't do you any favours with Audi.

I will probably get crucified for this post, but you asked for our opinions Mr Park, and opinions you shall receive. Please don't take anything personally, it's just a case of different strokes for different folks :thumbsup:.

Hi mate. I suppose I am being overly picky to an extent but there's no excusing the fact that the failed to present the car to me as they should have. I didn't sign any kind of check form and I was out the door like a whippet from the showroom as I had to go and collect my wife from work and I was late.

No response from them yet but I don't think I'll hear from them until Monday. I'm a fussy ******* it has to be said but then aren't we all when it comes to our cars? How did they manage to have a mat missing in the car and you should see the felt tip pen job around my reg plate. Also the paintwork really is dire.

I hope they fix this.

Hope you get it sorted - the paint scratches and the defect in the paint sound just like mine when I picked it up in Jan, took me just slightly over three months to get it sorted. (mine is black as well)
The way I got it sorted was to get the sales manager to look at the car and went around the car with him noting every single little defect. (however minor as I was very annoyed at it) I had to disregard the salesperson and tell the sales manager that I would not deal with him as he just treated everything as a joke.
Like you I expect my brand new car to look like a brand new car and not like a 1 year old car that had been through a car wash every weeks of its life !

Richard

Good look mate, only 4 day's to go!

Also i would take a copy of these's threads with you on the 9th to show what support you've got.
:whip:

Still haven't heard from Audi Turkey. Here is the e mail I sent to them this morning. Don't think I'll hear from them until Monday.

Dear Sir

I have not received any reply commenting on the issues regarding my car. I sincerely hope that you will speak to someone who is in a position to authorize the correction of the paintwork on my car.

My car is due to have the defective peeling paint problem fixed under guarantee on Wednesday the 9th but I would like the scratch and swirl marks on the paint corrected at the same time by the 3M facility in Guclu, Eskisehir which is operated under the Dogus Group name. If the paintwork cannot be polished and corrected on the Wednesday I would like it to be done on the Thursday. This is yet another inconvenience as I will be without my car for 2 full working days.

I am sure you will agree that this is the responsibility of Dogus.

I am awaiting your response.

Gordon Robert Park

:whip:

For the inconvenience, Will they give you a courtesy car untill the works done.?

Cheers mate. Excellent news. They have just contacted me on the phone saying that they will give my car the full 3M works worth 500YTL(200 quid)free of charge and I'll also get a loaner for the 2 days that the car is in getting polished etc.

I have to say that I'm very chuffed.

Here's a copy of the e-mail Audi sent back to me. English obviously isn't the boy's first language but you get the gist. He was able to communicate very well on the phone though which made a nice change.

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to answer your e-mail late. My collegues informed me about your phone call yesterday. I am not the right person to contact directly, but because of our customer relations expert is was not in the office during the week. So, I got the information about your complaint and tried to solve the problems. We apologise for your unsatisfactory experience in Audi Service. We wish you to informed us when you saw the scratches on paintwork.

I talked to Guclu Otomotiv’s After Sales Service Manager and informed him about your complaint. Guclu Otomotiv will repair the small surface scratches in the 3M’s polishing facility and you will receive a full 3M detail. You will not pay for this work. We wish to see you always in our Audi Service’s whenever you neeed.

Thanks and best regards,

The motor is in getting the full treatment today and tomorrow. I will take some pics of the paintwork when it's finished and post them up.
:yahoo:

Hope it will be as good as they claim.:whistle2:

Cheers everybody for all your words of support. I'm very happy with the outcome of this!!

:thumbsup:

Happy days!! :thumbsup:

BTW whats involved in a full 3M detail?

Also what happended to the felt pen regplate?