Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

2nd Service, Rear tyre, inside excessive wear

Hi all, just had my second service, 38k (1yr!), had a new stereo fitted, apparently a common fault ( kept sticking on playing a CD), nothing else major, except some deposits left on the inside of the rear windows frames.

More worrying, the inside of the rear (passenger) tyre appears badly worn ( only one, as the other was replaced recently after a puncture), have read elsewhere , that this is common with some Mk5 Golfs (same chasis), which requires laser alignment or something. Does anyone know anything about this being a problem on the A3? It is covered under Warranty?
    Any spelling/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy!

A4 2.0TDI (143) S-Line Quartz Grey

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post
    More worrying, the inside of the rear (passenger) tyre appears badly worn ( only one, as the other was replaced recently after a puncture), have read elsewhere , that this is common with some Mk5 Golfs (same chasis), which requires laser alignment or something. Does anyone know anything about this being a problem on the A3? It is covered under Warranty?
    I wen to get a couple of fronts about a month ago (at 12,000 miles), and found the inner edges of my rears were absolutely bald. Much worse than any part of front tyres. Tyre fitter said he saw this a lot. Seems to be part of the course.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

windsurfer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    I wen to get a couple of fronts about a month ago (at 12,000 miles), and found the inner edges of my rears were absolutely bald. Much worse than any part of front tyres. Tyre fitter said he saw this a lot. Seems to be part of the course.
    My S3 also has 12000 miles and the inner thread of both fronts is almost worn I will give them max of 2000 miles left. The outside 1/3 is OK.

Rears are evenly worn... maybe a tiny bit more on the inside but nothing abnormal... But will recheck tomorrow!!

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Not an S3 owner!

Status
    My A3 had exposed cores at 21,000 inside edge of both fronts, also uneven wear on OS rear.

Audi Stafford did the laser alignment under warranty, would have cost 160.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Its because of the camber. You guys need some KW Adjustable Tie Bars to sort that out, they don't make any for my car. They do for the S3

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

windsurfer

Status
    just checked mine and the rears are worn evenly... fron tires on the inside have more wear but it is in both tires the same....

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks