Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    RS4 alternative for half the price:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/443221.htm
    Spend the Ł20k left over on some petrol!

Although, personally I couldn't live with the cheap/tacky looks and feel. The performance is serious value for money though.
    Performance wise no argument and that V8 is supposed to be immense. Coming from an S3 into a Vauxhall would hardly be a step up in the world though. People will think S3IZZO's fallen on hard times lol
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I like those VXR8s... should of left them badged as Holdens though
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

L60N
    The first thing that sprung to mind when I viewed that Holden/Vaux was .."hmmm, Barryboy"

It looks like a chav got in the design team, or is it just a barryboy bodykit?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    RS4 alternative for half the price:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/443221.htm
    Spend the Ł20k left over on some petrol!

Although, personally I couldn't live with the cheap/tacky looks and feel. The performance is serious value for money though.
    Not that I'd buy a Monaro, but it is lovely to see a car with gauges in the dash. Audi used to do it, and with turbo cars a boost gauge is almost like a health check gauge as you can see if you're over / under boosting and potentially whether you may have an issue with the car. I wonder why Audi /VAG group stopped using them.

Back on topic, if its a company car buy something you'd never normally buy with your own hard earned cash. As you won't be liable for re-sale or depreciation you can safely buy without risk. It's a shame some of the Alfa's are so slow as that is a brand of car I would have bought as a company car (Brera is pitifully slow). Choices choices!
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Reverse Gear

Status
    or you could 'put up' with your S3 for a bit longer and wait for the new S4 to come out...... Rumoured to be a blown V6
    A3 Sportback 3.2Q S-line, DSG, Ebony Black - now gone & replaced by Touareg V10 TDI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    I wonder why Audi /VAG group stopped using them.

They changed their target audiance I guess? What cars have them fitted now? Focus St, Scoobies? ASBO cars...

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

S3IZZO
    Unfortunately due to my age (and the collection of codes on my licence) insurance is becoming an issue, the S5 is reasonable actually but the RS4 is more of a problem. M3 is silly money insurance wise and currently not even a contender

I'll put up with the S3 a bit longer...until next friday

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecrg View Post

No way a 335i will keep up with the M3! Not even with last generation ones with only 343 bhp....

Pedro
    You sure about that mate.. The 3.0 Twin Turbo engine from BMW is a absolute corker and has been thought to make way over the 302bhp BMW claim..
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bqvkfrbh9YQ&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZfrR0JXwgJ4&feature=related
    Also when chipped..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kW_UAh91Xus&feature=related
    Last edited by Vtec Abuser; 4th April 2008 at 13:14.

Status
    BM's are always conservative with their power claims...

As for the 335 being faster than an e46 M3. Nah, they are good, but not that good. Chipped, thats another story. But you can S/C an M3 and get stupid power from it so comparing a stock M3 against a chipped 335 isn't comparing apples with apples...

J.

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    The new 335 is almost identical performance wise to the old M3. To compare it to the new one is a bit silly really. Not even an argument and the two cars have different buyers.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde View Post
    They changed their target audiance I guess? What cars have them fitted now? Focus St, Scoobies? ASBO cars...

J.
    In part I agree with you, the current crop of 'dialled up' motors are a bit nasty and hence give the impression dials are for chav wagons. Personally I want to know when my oil is up to temperature, whether my turbo is healthy and running consistent boost etc.. The plush and shiny Audi leaves me with a plethora of menu options to navigate to oil temp, and no idea of whats going on under the bonnet until something goes wrong. Horses for courses but I like them, but then I spend my time monitoring things for a living, so I guess its an extension of the curse!
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

windsurfer

Status
    No way a standard 335i will outpace a E46 M3....there is nothing "old" about the E46 M3 apart from a familiar body shape... it is still, to this day a fantastic car... E92 M3 is out iof this world I believe... but the 335 is no E46 "beater" there are other factors there like chassis balance and setup, weight, etc, etc...

Tuned might be fast on a straight line... but has to have 360bhp + to start naking a difference and that will be at higher speeds....

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around Ł19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecrg View Post
    No way a standard 335i will outpace a E46 M3....there is nothing "old" about the E46 M3 apart from a familiar body shape... it is still, to this day a fantastic car... E92 M3 is out iof this world I believe... but the 335 is no E46 "beater" there are other factors there like chassis balance and setup, weight, etc, etc...

Tuned might be fast on a straight line... but has to have 360bhp + to start naking a difference and that will be at higher speeds....

Pedro
    Thank you Pedro, that was my follow up argument! The e46 is a great car, although I think that now prices have dropped to under Ł15K they might fall into the wrong hands and go a bit like some of the e36's!

The only problem with the new one is it doesn't look special enough in my mind.

J.

windsurfer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde View Post

The only problem with the new one is it doesn't look special enough in my mind.

J.
    well BM is growing on me.... really is! Lets wait for a CSL at a premium price!!

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around Ł19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

Status
    Now that will be a special car! (hopefully!)

J

S3IZZO
    Popped into a Audi dealer on Saturday (not my usual dealer) to have a chat with them, the sales man there asked me if the S5 was even out yet.

You would think a sales person would at least know a bit about the cars they are trying to sell.

I had a quick look around an A5 Tdi they had in..they look a lot better in the flesh than in the photos.

Asked him for some prices on used RS4 Cab's too - although Evo didn't give great reviews of that.

5th Gear

Status
    sounds like a good dealer... run away!
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

1st Gear

Status
    BMW 335 Superchips info on map:
    BMW 335 i
    2007 onwards
    Engine type : Turbocharged Petrol
    Engine size : 2979 cm3
    Cylinders : 6

Original bhp : 306
    Original nm : 400
    BHP increase : 39
    NM gain : 74
    Lb/Ft gain : 55

View Power Curve

Power
    39 BHP increase @ 5785 Rpm Torque 74 Nm increase @ 3060 Rpm
    Vehicle
    BMW 335i
    Superchips remap Max 343 BHP @ 5833 Rpm Superchips remap Max 490 Nm @ 3060 Rpm
    Original Max 305 BHP @ 5738 Rpm Original Max 419 Nm @ 3347 Rpm

Nice increase and lots of very low down torque. Chipped, I recon would have an M3 with 343 BHP.
    2007 S3
    Phantom Black
    Bose upgrade

Reverse Gear

Status
    Depending on how much space you need, why not go for something like a Cayman S, Z4 M Roadster or wait for the new TT-s??

Or is there any decent Apline 3 series coupe or saloon available?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by simon-s3 View Post
    BMW 335 Superchips info on map:
    BMW 335 i
    2007 onwards
    Engine type : Turbocharged Petrol
    Engine size : 2979 cm3
    Cylinders : 6

Original bhp : 306
    Original nm : 400
    BHP increase : 39
    NM gain : 74
    Lb/Ft gain : 55

View Power Curve

Power
    39 BHP increase @ 5785 Rpm Torque 74 Nm increase @ 3060 Rpm
    Vehicle
    BMW 335i
    Superchips remap Max 343 BHP @ 5833 Rpm Superchips remap Max 490 Nm @ 3060 Rpm
    Original Max 305 BHP @ 5738 Rpm Original Max 419 Nm @ 3347 Rpm

Nice increase and lots of very low down torque. Chipped, I recon would have an M3 with 343 BHP.
    Yeah, I recon so, with all that torque - easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12