Front ashtray trim removal

RC

Reaction score
Might sound a little stupid, but can anyone advise on how to remove the front ashtray trim?

Changing that piano black to the brushed aluminium!!

Cheers,

R

Finally went for the brushed aluminium then did you! How much did the kit cost? 300 big ones?
I've decided to keep piano black in the middle but i'm looking for ali door trim to mix it up a bit!

As far as removal goes.... Don't be shy and simply pull it. I've just removed the gearstick surround to fit a new gearknob and i was a bit worried about breaking clips. They're not flimsy things and they snap solidly in and out. I didn't remove the ashtray but if you look at my thread further down titled 'New gearknob and gator'....someone in there has posted how to do it.

Paul.

The ash tray trim is difficult and i did end up scratching it in two places but lucky its at the back and is not visible!

Basically, you need two thin flat head screw drivers and you have to pry the trim off as it is clipped in tight

When you get it off, make sure you make note on how it is positioned because when i went to put the new trim on, the edges didnt meet up properly and I still clicked in place which meant i had to take it apart again and thats where i scratched it :(

Thanks guys!

The ali trim was £312 delivered!!

Looks good though!!

R