Wind's damaged my Door!

Von Maximo

The Damned
Reaction score
Went to get out of car today and a gust of wind forced the door out of my hand and violently pushed itself against the hinges. Now the door sags and wont shut properly. Really annoying :keule:

Has this happenned to anyone else? If so is it just a matter of adjusting the door hinges in line again?

yep, it's happened. luckily its not a big deal.
just take it to audi's body repair centre and get your door realigned.

Nastym, happened to a friend of mine on his 8L, at a guess, think three doors are more susceptible to this than the Sportbacks as the doors are that much bigger ( 'sail area' and momentum).

Happenned to me about 10 years ago just after Christmas. I was washing the car at home and when I got into it to move it to the side of the house the driver's door blew out of my hand and did the same thing. Left a nasty crease down the front wing where the two met.

To make matters worse my younger brother got out of the passenger door later that evening and the same thing happenned. Nasty crease down both front wings. At least they matched up!

To cap it all off, I was trading the car in a couple of days later for a new model. Not sure if I mentioned it to the dealer in the end!

Happened to me too (albeit on a Golf). As long as the hinges aren't damaged, you should be able to have the door re-aligned at a bodyshop, as suggested above.

Just spoken to a mate who's a car dealer and he said all body shops do is to stick a jack underneath the door and force it up untill it's aligned up!

Suppose it's a very crude way of doing it, neadless to say my cars booked in at Audi dealership. Think they're jack are more robust! ha ha ha