Squealing Brakes

MJZ 6370

Reaction score
My Sportback has developed squealing brakes. The noise occurs when I am slowing down to a stop with a light touch, it doesn't occur with fast or hard braking. It is not being caused by trapped stones , etc but seems to be as a result of regular use.

Is this a common problem with a DSG gearbox?

Is there a solution?

Secondly, I have an intermittent clunk which seems to come from the engine/gearbox department. It is not accompanied by a shunt. It is a bit louder than the shunt noise caused when the doors autolock above 10 mph. I used to get a similar noise with my A4 but it came from under the car and I put it down to the handbrake release. This noise occurs most often when pulling out of a junction from being stationary.

Any one else finding this problem.

OH.... sooo annoying!! I had squeeking brakes on my last car after Id had new brake pads... apparently it was the brake sensors though doing the squeeking... Why would squeeking brakes be to do with DSG though??

With DSG you probably use the brake pedal much more as the main control of the car compared to manual where the gearbox can be used to slow the vehicle.

mine started this about 15k ago, new brakes fitted since then and it carries on but now only on a reeeeeeeeeeeally light brake application

Mine's a DSG too and I'd argue the brakes will take more of a hammering as, if like me, in slow moving traffic jams you tend to keep the speed in check with the brakes a lot more than in a manual

My S£ does this as well on a light pedal sounds really naff and a bit embarassing in my nice shiny Audi :(

My 2.0TDI does this too... Only on light brake applications, thought it was the pads, so got them changed, but continues to happen...

No Idea!!

Mine does it too on very ligh brake pressure.. and mine comes from back right brake setup...

Pedro

ditto, mine have been doing the same for about 4,000 miles. I took front wheels off and cleaned down the calipers / pads with brake cleaner and they were OK for about 150 miles, but it came back. In slow traffic slowing between about 10-20mph in slow traffic they just whine. Supposedly if you change to other pads (like Ferodo's DS2500) it can resolve the issue.